Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Racism

• Thread starter Deleted member 7219
  • Start date

Deleted member 7219

It looks like General Discussion is filled with racist bullshit now, and it is seeping into other areas like General RPG and General Gaming. Can we ban these sick neo-Nazi fucks please? The Codex has always had a degree of 4chan/SA-ness about it but this is just ridiculous now. I know a lot of the talk going on in GD wouldn't have been tolerated a few years ago.

The Codex used to be the best place to talk about RPGs, we had developers from many companies coming to post here, at least two or three from Bioware, Obsidian and Bethesda. No wonder none of them come to this place any more.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
[img:2oqz0zvf]http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/images/avatars/gallery/Witcher%20-%20Concepts/bonehead.jpg[/img] said:
some unintelligble untermenschen dribble

Just fuck off already. We've had the same damn discussion far too many times.

PCFamilyCodex wouldn't fare any better than the current degenerate one does.

And please don't let the imaginary Nazis bite you on your way out.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I do miss this policy. Wonder what happened.

Definitely agree that it shouldn't be seeping into RPG Discussion or anywhere else, though. It's cute that you guys have found a nice moderation-free board to vent your insecurity about black people/liberals/Jews/intellectuals/trannies/commies/gays/untermenschen, but for the love of god keep it to General Discussion. Being seen as the crazy-uncle-that-shits-on-the-floor of RPG forums can be a sign that you're doing something right, but turning into some sort of weird Stormfront-4chan-RPGWatch hybrid isn't doing something right. Some developers stopped visiting because they couldn't take the heat, some probably stopped because the first thread they saw in RPG Discussion that day was "how can black people play RPGs if they can't read" or "women shouldn't be allowed to play RPGs they just want romance"

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I don't give a fuck about the stupid shit that goes on in General Discussion but if they bring their shit to GRPG and other places it's a job for the mods to crack down on the little teenagers.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Information

You have successfully added Matt7895 to your ignore list.

Return to the post

Shannow

Waster of Time
Admiral jimbob said:
I do miss this policy. Wonder what happened.

Definitely agree that it shouldn't be seeping into RPG Discussion or anywhere else, though. It's cute that you guys have found a nice moderation-free board to vent your insecurity about black people/liberals/Jews/intellectuals/trannies/commies/gays/untermenschen, but for the love of god keep it to General Discussion. Being seen as the crazy-uncle-that-shits-on-the-floor of RPG forums can be a sign that you're doing something right, but turning into some sort of weird Stormfront-4chan-RPGWatch hybrid isn't doing something right. Some developers stopped visiting because they couldn't take the heat, some probably stopped because the first thread they saw in RPG Discussion that day was "how can black people play RPGs if they can't read" or "women shouldn't be allowed to play RPGs they just want romance"
Basically this.

But, I don't see all that much of that crap in GRPGD/GG/SG/NC. Some random uses of "nigger" and prejudices about jews and moslems, but no whole threads or posts dedicated to being that sort of moron. Perhaps I don't see it because I put major morons on ignore? (Racists being the biggest morons of all, of course)

There was a reason I stopped reading GD, so whatever the situation is now it's not new. Oh, and the devs left because they couldn't stand criticism coupled with personal attacks.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Jaesun's done a good job of clearing up most of it recently (maybe an upside of clearing out everything else he doesn't like), to be fair. There are a few exorcised pages/posts littering retardo, and I think a thread or two that got moved to GD.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Stop andhaira if you want to stop racism.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I singularly blame Dark Individual alone for driving out David Gaider and Rosh alone for driving out Obsidian staff.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Matt7895 said:
It looks like General Discussion is filled with racist bullshit now, and it is seeping into other areas like General RPG and General Gaming. Can we ban these sick neo-Nazi fucks please? The Codex has always had a degree of 4chan/SA-ness about it but this is just ridiculous now. I know a lot of the talk going on in GD wouldn't have been tolerated a few years ago.

The Codex used to be the best place to talk about RPGs, we had developers from many companies coming to post here, at least two or three from Bioware, Obsidian and Bethesda. No wonder none of them come to this place any more.
Butthurt jewfro detected.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Rivmusique said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Information

Return to the post

Rational thinking: Another thing Awor cant tolerate :lol:
Rational thinking? More like butthurt whiteknighting moral faggotry. Not to mention wanting to have devs that are a personification of decline to be here.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Shannow said:
But, I don't see all that much of that crap in GRPGD/GG/SG/NC. Some random uses of "nigger" and prejudices about jews and moslems, but no whole threads or posts dedicated to being that sort of moron. Perhaps I don't see it because I put major morons on ignore? (Racists being the biggest morons of all, of course)
How many racist do we actually have? 2? 3?

Shannow said:
There was a reason I stopped reading GD, so whatever the situation is now it's not new.
Are you serious?

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Rivmusique said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Information

Return to the post

Rational thinking: Another thing Awor cant tolerate :lol:
Rational thinking? More like butthurt whiteknighting moral faggotry. Not to mention wanting to have devs that are a personification of decline to be here.

Christ man...your trying to hard.

I have seen no such thing outside of GD, although I will congratulate BumChums for taking up the challenge with good humour

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom