Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Adon

Arcane
Not bad. A couple of nice things to look forward. Most interested in Ni-Oh, SO5, and possibly Bloodborne DLC.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Possible another Seiken Denetsu remake incoming.

Fingers crossed for it being better than the gba version.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, a 3D remake for Vita, iOS and Android. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Trailer:

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also, in a TGS newsbit that Abu Antar didn't mention, Toukiden 2 has been announced as well -- as an open-world (!) title:

I actually enjoyed Toukiden Kiwami, even though the port required some fiddling around to work properly, so I'd love them to bring this over to the PC. Too bad that's unlikely, what with the first game's Steam reviews...

Adon

Arcane
Oh yeah, I remember seeing Exist Archive a while back. Gameplay practically looks like VP, and that's a good thing, seeing as how VP3 will probably never be a thing at this point. That's the only reason I'm interested in that game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NIOH screens/scans.
NiOh-5.jpg

NiOh-6.jpg

NiOh-4.jpg

NiOh-3.jpg

NiOh-2.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FFXV ATR will be live from #tokyogameshow 2015 on 9/18 (Fri) @9:45PM PDT/ 9/19 (Sat) @5:45AM BST. Details below!
Active Time Report Rewind:
A recap of all the news from gamescom though PAX prime

A New Dawn Rises:
An upgraded version of the "Dawn"trailer with new scenes!

Character Deep Dive-Luna and Regis:
We'll explore two central characters and reveal new details about FFXV's lore

New Gameplay Footage:
A showcase of new gameplay featuring chocobos and fishing!

Q&A time:
Director Hajime Tabata answers YOUR burning questions!

Find out when the next ATR will be!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I should have made a TGS thread.

Ni-Oh gameplay. Supposed to be 60 FPS.

• On the bottom right are four icons that determines fighting stance.
  • Your Offensive and defensive capabilities are dependant on stance and can be changed on the fly.
  • There are bloddy katanas on the ground where other people have died.
  • Apparently you can active them and fight against them for good loot.
  • (I can't make out what word they used to describe them so I'm not sure if you fight them in PvP or if you fight AI units that look like the players.)
  • You can change armor and weapon in real time, so make sure you're in a safe area when you do.
  • There are also spears in the game that are good against groups of enemies.
  • There are guardian spirits that William can see and infuse into his weapon for a limited time like the flame wolf and the blue owl.
  • Guardian spirits appear after you die. (I guess as a helping hand?)
  • You will have to decide when to use it apparently, so there might be a limit.
  • There are shrines where you level up with the experience you've saved up, and where you can change spirit.
  • In some locations you might come across some strange flimmering (can't make out what they call it), which when you approach will spawn a youkai that drops good loot.
  • The boss shown is called an onryou (revengeful demon), a powerful oni.
  • You heal in realtime so it's important to look for an opening to do so.
  • When he heals he infuses his weapon with what looks like a blue owl spirit, different from the fire wolf from earlier.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Dark Souls 3 releases in April in the West.

Someone playing Exist Archive on the show floor. I like everything but the character looks.

Odin Sphere watcamacallit TGS trailer.

Monster Hunter Stories trailers. Maybe I will finally get into the series considering the game is turn-based.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
You gotta be kidding me. After such incline, you go with the much maligned "meh" SRPG?

At least I think it was an SRPG. Then again people on PC think Agarest is good so it actually might do well.

At least they're preparing one or two more Japanese games for PC, one was never released outsie of Japan.

I hope it's not Moero Chronicles or other Compile Heart games. :baka:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow, that game looks so much better that what I played on the PS2. I might consider double dipping for my Vita, honestly.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Technically not a JRPG but I wanted to make a small post for this somewhere:

Trailer for the new game in the Assault Suits series (Cybernator, Dying Earth) looks p. meh.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From the game forum (crop):

tMAUIGD.jpg

:hmmm:

Did they playtested this on 7 inch monitors?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom