Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
From the few I've played, Little King's Story seemed to be a very good game. And it will necessarily be better without an annoying Wii controller.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

GrainWetski

Arcane

amdus

Arbiter
What has been censored? Is it nudity / hentai or what?
As it's a port from PS3 (no hentai on consoles), fast search on the net reaveals that the cut content is: minigame, around 120 CGs and edited post game dialouge that is basicaly a middle finger to those that are against censorship (or maybe that last one part was in Mugen Souls Z). Besides game have an opinion of a bigger turd than Agarest series so fuck it anyway.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Probably from the fear of western backlash, even if nobody but weebs would play the game anyway. Usually when CGs or minigames get cut-out for release it's usually because there's a lot of nudity/skin shown for underaged (usually 16 and younger) characters. If that was the case, they probably weren't far off the mark, since you got articles like this that's basically congratulating them.

Of course half the comments argue otherwise, so I suppose NISA veers on the "think of the children who buy anime games!" side. It should also be stated that NISA sucks at localizing p much anything nowadays. While I respect Ghostlight for localizing games like Way of the Samurai and Elminage to the PC, they should've left this game alone if they couldn't fix any of the problems from the original western release. It's not like many people were clamoring for it in the first place. All they have now is a bunch of reactionaries who'll probably just put Ghostlight in the same, heh, light as NISA.

I hope not, their ports otherwise are pretty nice. Way better than say, Toei.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apparently XSEED is bringing Xanadu Next, Shinovi Versus and Little King's Story to PC next year.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/654735467540144128

Xanadu Next looks interesting:

It's fantastic. Take a Diablo game, replace it's entire combat design with the Souls series' (Focus on timing your attacks, positioning, and avoiding enemy attacks), and put the game in a Metroidvania-style world instead of random generated hallways.
And then add in some light sokoban-style puzzles.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's fantastic. Take a Diablo game, replace it's entire combat design with the Souls series' (Focus on timing your attacks, positioning, and avoiding enemy attacks), and put the game in a Metroidvania-style world instead of random generated hallways.
And then add in some light sokoban-style puzzles.

Damn. That... that sounds like a pretty amazing combination. So it has Diablo-like character development and item systems, or?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah- the Diablo part is more of a control scheme \ general feel.
You don't go around chugging health potions or grinding for random loot. But there are some special equipments to be found.

The character development system is also pretty different. You'll see.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh. Still sounds pretty interesting. Took a look at the Hardcore Gaming 101 article about the game and well... All I can say is :bounce:

Martius

Liturgist
Them is pretty generous term. After what I have heard about two last ports I wouldn't be surprised if that just work of one person.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
“Valkyria of the Blue Revolution” Trademark Registered By Sega

It’s been revealed that Sega recently registered a trademark for “Aoki Kakumei no Valkyria,” which roughly translates to “Valkyria of the Blue Revolution.” [Thanks, Hachima.]

While there’s no telling whether this trademark has anything to do with Valkyria Chronicles, it has been filed for the production of console games, amusement park machines such as pachislot, slot machines, and medal games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/19/valkyria-of-the-blue-revolution-trademark-registered-by-sega/

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
While I respect Ghostlight for localizing games like Way of the Samurai and Elminage to the PC, they should've left this game alone if they couldn't fix any of the problems from the original western release. It's not like many people were clamoring for it in the first place. All they have now is a bunch of reactionaries who'll probably just put Ghostlight in the same, heh, light as NISA.

Apparently Valve rejected it.

Regarding the issue of censorship in Mugen Souls, we did ask Steam if we could ship the uncensored Japanese version of the game via their service and they told us unfortunately not. For that reason, we decided to convert and release the US/European PlayStation 3 port of the game which has the bathhouse mini-games removed.”

http://steamcommunity.com/app/389870/discussions/0/483367798517127137/#c483367798517443483

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom