Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Duraframe300

Arcane
- a time of hope
- a hidden threat
- strangers united by fate

:lol: heh to be honest I am simply happy at the honesty. No bs "deepest story ever" hype to be found.

Its Nojima though

Martius

Liturgist
Sounds good but to be fair I thought they will choose one of most recent titles. Well, I never played any of them so starting with first should be fine.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So I guess everyone's losing their shit over Project Setsuna and calling it another Chrono Trigger or something.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Nusakana, "an open-world JRPG" with exploration, turn-based combat, fishing and dating sim, is out now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/401290/

ss_a75a81531db778f5e8ac162ec217c0e0f0661315.600x338.jpg

ss_aac1c05faaeb2a27b2c0e60f20a382d41ac86891.600x338.jpg

It's made by an Indonesian team.

Stargazer_

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII: http://store.steampowered.com/app/345350/
DLC CONTENT FROM THE ORIGINAL CONSOLE VERSION
The PC release will also include all the amazing DLC content from the original console version*, including Japanese voice-overs and various costumes, shields and weapons.
*Except for “FFVII Aerith Costume”
:thumbsup:
Jap voices? fuck yeah!! I might actually purchase this knowing full well the game is shit.

lightbane

Arcane
Nusakana, "an open-world JRPG" with exploration, turn-based combat, fishing and dating sim, is out now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/401290/

It's made by an Indonesian team.

:hmmm:
That looks like quite strange alright. Let's see... *peeks inside and snoops around for info*
Hmm, open-ended gameplay? Multiple endings? A JRPG where the main character can equip fishing rods, swords, silats and even guns? Many, many female party members? :incline:
What about the achievements?

-[...]True Peeking of Master
Succesfully peek on the girls at the onsen.

-Number #3 Rule: Kids are not Delicious!

Bring party member but no adults when peeking at the onsen.

- I can't...!
Defeat Brometheus.

Looks like an Earthbound-inspired Persona 4 made in RPG Maker, but without the high-school crap. :incline::incline: Unfortunately, the devs are not really proficient in English and it shows. Nevertheless, I'll keep an eye on it for the moment.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
"Resonance of Fate" is on sale in the Euro Playstation Store for € 3,75, might be a good time to grab if if you missed it until now.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh, right. Final Fantasy VI for PC rated by PEGI. It's most likely a mobile port though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More Idea Factory/Compile Heart games to Steam.

EDIT: http://www.rpgsite.net/news/4642-fa...lanc-neptune-vs-zombies-launching-spring-2016

Tonight at Idea Factory International's 2nd annual press event, the publisher made several announcements regarding the Hypermdimension Neptunia series and other Compile Heart titles.

Firstly, both Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (PS4) and MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies (PSVita) will be launching next Spring in North America. Advent Dark Force is an enhanced portof the original Fairy Fencer F, featuring larger battle parties and more story content.

In addition to these localization announcements, Idea Factory is also bringing more of their catalog to PC via Steam. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart, Monster Monpiece, and Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed will be made available through Steam in 2016. Monster Monpiece will include cards removed from the localized Vita version.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:P

If only other JRPG developers are as much active on Steam releases as them.

Martius

Liturgist
Maybe they will cave in after Persona 5 will be done. I dont think they will care to port any of their handheld game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom