Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Silentstorm

Learned
But what about Project X Zone 3 at least?

The second one had Segata Sanshiro and you could make the worst game in the world full of bad JPEG art made by 12-year olds and only having decent sprites for Segata Sanshiro and the game would still be worth it just for that.

The world needs another game where Segata Sanshiro can appear again to fight alongside many other fighting game characters, it just needs it, heck, the Project X Zone(counting Namco X Capcom as well since it's story also plays a part in those games) series are the closest thing to a video game SRW we've ever had and i love it just for that.

Anyways, Dragon Quest:The Adventure Of Dai is getting a game and an anime adaptations:

I am actually shocked it took this long considering how massive the franchise is in Japan, i mean the game, the series had an anime adaptation that started and ended before the manga was over, from what i recall of the manga, it's generic shounen stuff with Dragon Quest elements, but it's fun and harmless, don't know how the game will be like, but a RPG seems like a good option.

So, it's this and Dragon Ball Z:Kakarot, gotta say, i don't mind classic Shounen series getting big games and wouldn't mind seeing more of those, what about that series that after ending in Shounen Jump, got brought back for the Japanese version of Playboy and is published there and is, of course, coming from Playboy, completely free of female fanservice and all about muscled men in tights or showing a lot of their torso fighting in small rings?

Where's my Kinnikuman fighting game is all i'm saying, come on, it had an anniversary just recently!

The world could use more Kinnikuman/Ultimate Muscle wrestling games, would easily be more fun than the WWE games.

IceyD

Scholar
Releases for this month:

releases-jan.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe Kakarot and Alliance Alive for me, but it's a very big maybe. I see myself more likely getting both when they are discounted.

lightbane

Arcane
Why the title change? Afraid of being sued by Nintendo? Possible. The art style changed slightly. IT's not as bad as Cal Arts faggotry, but I don't like it much. At least it has an actual personality instead of being something like this.

9bc.jpg

None of that matters until it is out, if it ever comes out, of course.
I wonder if they'll resist the urge to make an unsubtle jab at Trump/Trump supporters, a thing many indies and some AAA games do lately.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh my, Utawarerumono games are coming to Steam, published via DMM Games:

Release in this month, out of nowhere, a month after you guys complained about the lack of PC releases in this very thread.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For a series that started as a VN on PC this is long time coming.

If you guys like SRPG with VN antics the original Utawarerumono is also worth playing. The PC version was a bit hard because there was essentially no way to grind (the only battle you will got in is story mandated). But the PSP one have way to grind (with the H-scenes removed of course). I think both are in English.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Is Karura playable in second game too? I saw her in animu, but she was just sitting there and drinking(still best girl)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Oh my, Utawarerumono games are coming to Steam, published via DMM Games:

Release in this month, out of nowhere, a month after you guys complained about the lack of PC releases in this very thread.

Right after I got them for Vita for $10 double pack. Alas.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Labyrinth of the Witch, Mystery Dungeon-like originally released on mobile and Switch:

ss_689dc7a5e8fc44212d162411a826caa9a3e1021b.600x338.jpg
ss_d8577c36b70db1442f8044aebc41cccb687b7b0b.600x338.jpg

Also didn't know Starfish-SD, the developer of Elminage series, has been doing self-publishing under the name of Joyfulstar Inc. The label seems mostly for casual games like this puzzle game.

It's a remaster of 2006 PSP/NDS game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It will be hard month... I guess i'll get Atelier Dusk, because Dusk is my favorite trilogy, but play it later - just finished Ryza yesterday, Wizardry(that's what i will play for now) and Utawarerumono. Dragon Ball Z looks cool, but i'll skip it for now - 6 games in one month is too much already.

Vorark

Erudite
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/disaster-report-4-summer-memories-launches-april-7-in-the-west

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories launches April 7 in the west

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on April 7 in North America and Europe, publisher NIS America announced.
Pre-orders for the $89.99 limited edition, which include a copy of the game, the official soundtrack, a novelty “Emergency” backpack, and identification tag, and a novelty “First Aid” collector’s box, are currently available at the NIS America Online Store.

Fingers crossed NISA won't botch the PC port.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yet another WW2 fetish game from Japan, no English support:

English version is coming for gaijins who have this particular fetish:

ss_6c4b13063d862a0a4599e7c2a0542c1fbdbe2196.600x338.jpg
ss_ce3172506cad846b99ab2d5ec1ec72f7318c6f15.600x338.jpg

《Moe Moe World War II-3 Deluxe Edition 萌萌2次大戰(略)3豪華限定版 》Developed by SystemSoft Alpha,《Moe Moe World War II-3 Deluxe Edition 萌萌2次大戰(略)3豪華限定版 》 is a classic beauty strategic game sequel authorized by Interwise Media. Now available on Steam.

《Moe Moe World War II-3 Deluxe Edition 萌萌2次大戰(略)3豪華限定版》 contains:
Main Program
Contain:
Character-specific graphics x 56 pictures
Game Art Picture x 187 pictures
Memorial Wallpaper x 3 pictures
Bismarck Special Shape
162 pages Digital Art Set
Collector's Edition 3D Module
Original Digital Music x 10
Special art cover x 10 covers

《Moe Moe World War II-3 Deluxe Edition 萌萌2次大戰(略)3豪華限定版》 is a game that revolves around weaponry being humanized. During World War II, all the commonly used weaponry during that period of time are being represented by "Cute Girls". The story revolves around a female humanoid weapon named "Girls of Steel"; it was told through three different story-lines: Japan, America, and German. Players can control different characters as a commander, planning and giving direct orders such as using ultimate abilities and fight their way to victory.

Throughout the course of the game, players can experience ADV mode and have nice conversations with girls, SLG mode was formed by fancy and flashy strategies, and you also can interact with girls by the "repairing parts" game mechanic.

Players can have intimate interactions with injured Girls of Steel by the repairing mechanic in the game; moreover, the "weapon transfer" system allows each characters to have up to three weapons to choose from. Also there is a new system called "Core Equipment" In this game. Only Girls of Steel have the "core". The Girls of Steel can split into two genres: Native Girls of Steel who already has a "Core" during development and Nurtured Girls of Steel who obtained their "Core" due to human transformation. According to the official information, Girls of Steel can equip "Core" on them; Once equipping the "Core" their attributes will become stronger. Players can also remove or switch the "core" to enhance their characters easily.

Super evolution is a feature in《Moe Moe World War II-3 Deluxe Edition 萌萌2次大戰(略)3豪華限定版》. As a Girl of Steel's heart grows, their appearance also evolves. And a super-evolved girl of steel also come with super gorgeous arms.

Although this English release seems nothing to do with it, related news few days ago: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/nip...eta-to-succeed-systemsoft-alpha-game-division

Nippon Ichi Software establishes SystemSoft Beta to succeed SystemSoft Alpha game division
Founded on December 3, 2019 and led by Kouichi Kitazumi.

Nippon Ichi Software has announced the establishment of SystemSoft Beta as a new subsidiary to succeed the computer game software division of SystemSoft Alpha. It was founded on December 3, 2019 and is led by Kouichi Kitazumi.

Here is Nippon Ichi Software’s explanation for the succession:

Nippon Ichi Software is a developing business with the goal of worldwide success under the vision of “Entertainment for All.” SystemSoft Alpha is a company established in 1999 with many successes in the simulation game genre, such as the Daisenryaku series. Nippon Ichi Software has determined that taking over the computer game software division of SystemSoft Alpha can lead to market growth and increased value in our company.​

Thanks, Games Talk.

Silentstorm

Learned
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/disaster-report-4-summer-memories-launches-april-7-in-the-west

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories launches April 7 in the west

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on April 7 in North America and Europe, publisher NIS America announced.
Pre-orders for the $89.99 limited edition, which include a copy of the game, the official soundtrack, a novelty “Emergency” backpack, and identification tag, and a novelty “First Aid” collector’s box, are currently available at the NIS America Online Store.

Fingers crossed NISA won't botch the PC port.
I think some ports still have some bugs and they didn't fix them, but whatever, really hyped for this, the only way i could be more hyped is if this led Bandai Namco to port that Disaster Report like game they made which had Godzilla, Evangelion, Patlabor and Ultraman with you being a person trying to survive in those settings as mechas or giant beings fought.

Seriously, why is "City Shrouded In Shadow" a PS4 only game!?

From what i read, the different settings even have different mechanics, with Godzilla stages having Kaijus being way more dangerous and uncaring on what people do unless Mothra is there while in Ultraman stages, Ultraman can even get hurt or die if you act like a moron putting yourself in danger or in front of a Kaiju as Ultraman will always shield you and any other bystander nearby, to a point where helping other people escape makes the stage go faster as it's less people for Ultraman to worry about and God that sounds so cool to me!

Why is Disaster Report:Kaiju Edition not a real thing or, again, why is it PS4 only?

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
:what:

Did we just edit our own timeline here? Is this the result of quantum energy being affected by our observations? HAVE WE DELIVERED A PROPHECY

Man, I'm excited for Dungeon Travelers on PC now!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom