Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
If a game is out for switch, is also out for PC. Forgot to say that the artist for the game is the same as for the Summon Night games, the game is a spiritual succesor.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
FLHA8qkXEAAYu0i

I want it to be like MGS Revengeance.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Announced at Nintendo Direct:
Front Mission 1 Remake
Front Mission 2 Remake
Chrono Cross Remaster
Live A Live 2D-HD
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Xenoblade 3 alone made it worth it, i really need to play future connected now. This is the second remake of front mission which is quite funny.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
live a live looks interesting, hope xenoblade 3 is more like 1 than 2 but that is probably wishful thinking

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Many speculate that it's Street Fighter 6 since the end date of the timer is coincide with some big SF5 tournament thing.

For DD2, I'd expect one of the big events around Summer (formerly E3 season).

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik

ATLUS launches ‘Soul Hackers’ countdown website, ends February 21

ATLUS has launched a new countdown teaser website at soul-hackers.jp, as well as an accompanying Twitter account. The countdown ends on February 21 at 20:00 JST.

The website opens with the following ‘loading’ text:

Hello HUMAN

We want to collect your information

> Checking device compatibility
> Notice: Please, do NOT take your hands off the device
> Call “Soul Hack”
> Sequence start

From there, it loads into the countdown page with the text “Hack Begins” and “Analysis in Progress.”

The first tweet from the accompanying Twitter account reads: “Hello, we are Aion. Please follow this account. Your cooperation is needed. soul-hackers.jp #SoulHackers

The second tweet follows: “Aion has predicted the end of mankind. To avoid the end, we will begin a sequence today at 20:00 JST. Please observe and cooperate. soul-hackers.jp #SoulHackers

Stay tuned.

deuxhero

Arcane

ATLUS launches ‘Soul Hackers’ countdown website, ends February 21

ATLUS has launched a new countdown teaser website at soul-hackers.jp, as well as an accompanying Twitter account. The countdown ends on February 21 at 20:00 JST.

The website opens with the following ‘loading’ text:

Hello HUMAN

We want to collect your information

> Checking device compatibility
> Notice: Please, do NOT take your hands off the device
> Call “Soul Hack”
> Sequence start

From there, it loads into the countdown page with the text “Hack Begins” and “Analysis in Progress.”

The first tweet from the accompanying Twitter account reads: “Hello, we are Aion. Please follow this account. Your cooperation is needed. soul-hackers.jp #SoulHackers

The second tweet follows: “Aion has predicted the end of mankind. To avoid the end, we will begin a sequence today at 20:00 JST. Please observe and cooperate. soul-hackers.jp #SoulHackers

Stay tuned.

Best Case: Some kind of sequel
Most likely good outcome: Some kind of port with new content dealign with "Aion"
Most likely: Mobileshit (even though there's already a SMT mobile game).

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Another one from KEMCO but it's tactical. Legend of Ixtona:

ss_431b24c79fd78aaea8e18e41b7f352f4acf0008c.600x338.jpg
ss_a9dd95f66a446f906d04f87ddcab718c8b252559.600x338.jpg

Originally released on mobile in 2016 or something.

So what's the deal with KEMCO games? Are they any good? Most of their games look like shovelware, but I assume there are a few decent ones?

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Aksys Games made an announcement on new games and updates, the most important of which is this:

Mon-Yu (NSW, PC/2023) – A first-person, turn-based dungeon crawler from Experience Inc. in the tradition of the original Wizardry. Create your own characters to defeat the seven demon kings. Form your team, clear the dungeons, defeat the monsters, and claim victory.

Mon-Yu-West-Inits_02-17-22-768x432.jpg

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
MonYuu was fun, i thought they would never bring it to the west i think only Labyrinth of Galleria is the only "big" dungeon crawler left to localize. MonYuu is shorted than other experience games and also harder, at the end of the game you get a score depending on how well did you play it also has that mechanic from labyrinth of touhou to not grind against bosses.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Aksys Games made an announcement on new games and updates, the most important of which is this:

Mon-Yu (NSW, PC/2023) – A first-person, turn-based dungeon crawler from Experience Inc. in the tradition of the original Wizardry. Create your own characters to defeat the seven demon kings. Form your team, clear the dungeons, defeat the monsters, and claim victory.

Mon-Yu-West-Inits_02-17-22-768x432.jpg

Yeah a PC port announcement is very nice from Aksys. They're actually doing non otome things.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Edit: Seems to be Japanese version.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/02/relayer-demo-launches-february-25

The demo will feature the first two chapters of the main story, which consist of nine total stages, plus 12 stages of the Battle Simulator, and a maximum attainable level of 30 (the maximum level in the full game is 300). Save data can be transferred to the full game when it launches.
Nice. I'm swamped with games, but if the demo is available in a few months, I will surely give it a go.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
I hope they keep the "90s future" the original Soul Hackers had.

Wonder if this will have traditional SMT combat or not. Excluding mobile stuff, half the Devil Summoner series is the Raidou games.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Playing Persona 5 scramble made me wish for a new raidou game and i remember some guy at Atlus saying that they would be on board with it. Now that i remember Raidou was in Soul Hackers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom