Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I don't know how big their studio is, but having a second team make a card game reusing assets to get some extra revenue & keep different parts of the team busy seems like a good move.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Btw if you guys consider buying it for now: it use lates il2cpp structure of Unity and AutoTranslator is not working for game that use those. This also means amateur fan TL to be less likely as a lot of them are using the injection of AutoTranslator.

So don't expect to have a fast EN TL if AutoTranslator is not getting updated (Last update was Oct'22 so very likely the dev is still active, but still).

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Everyone's face in that announcement poster makes it look like the artist has trouble drawing faces.

Jinn

Arcane
Pretty surprised no one has posted about this one yet here. Looks like a lot of fun.

Kind of a mashup of Pirates! and Uncharted Waters. I'd get it right away, but I'm working through a few other games at the moment.

oasis789

Arcane

there's another chinese uncharted waters like that just released, but its an F2P MMO

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I look up news about this game occasionally:

CbIDqZv.png

Hardly anything ever gets out of weeaboo weibo tho. It’s the prequel to Tribulation of Heaven and Earth series.

It’s turn-based and Unity engine. I played the 2001 game for a bit which is supposedly the Chink Planetscape Tournament but couldn’t get past the rancid ATB combat and the main character being a lame twat.

But I liked Bing Li.

1q2y0FG.jpg

trailer

LabRat

Learned
In some Wuxia series, some monk characters might not hesitation kill to some irredeemable villains. And their theme song style is still based on buddhist chanting. Unlike Aang from Avatar is just a pussy.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
HD-2D action RPG by a Chinese studio coming in 2024.

English
Japanese
Simplified Chinese

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No English Translation. Some visual novel, tactical game combo.

Fate Seeker goes roguelite.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Apparently Heluo recently got rekt in court, having to pay 22,000 $hekels to Soft-World to prevent seizure of recent IP's (Path of Wuxia, Traveler of Wuxia) and they can't pay.

So that new game may never even be released.

Ironically, if a big fish gets hold of any of their IP's the chance of translation may actually become higher than 0%.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Apparently Heluo recently got rekt in court, having to pay 22,000 $hekels to Soft-World to prevent seizure of recent IP's (Path of Wuxia, Traveler of Wuxia) and they can't pay.

So that new game may never even be released.

Ironically, if a big fish gets hold of any of their IP's the chance of translation may actually become higher than 0%.
Why the hell they need to do so with their nee IP again? Any article for it? Chinese is fine

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I got it from the translation discord I check sporadically.

You can find a pdf of the court decision.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I got it from the translation discord I check sporadically.

You can find a pdf of the court decision.
Oh this is continuation of the TOW saga, they lose their appeal and as they don't have moolah for 22 million USD (or is it TWD)? they might lose PoW and Traveller oW and maybe even HTLS to pay for the loss

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
According to a 9th Jan 2023 court decision I read, the IPs for HTLS and PoW are valued at around 3.1m TWD total.
And from my understanding, both are being readied for auction to be sold for damages to SoftWorld which Heluo is trying to stop/postpone by suing and what the court decision is about.
Court decision says Heluo will need to pay Softworld 670K TWD as deposit to even proceed with the lawsuit.
Traveller is not mentioned in the decision.

Is there a new court decision released or when is the court decision from the IP court? I believe the last decision made by the Supreme Court in 2021 was to dump it back to the IP court.
(I read from Chinese social media that the IP court hearing starts on the 10th of April)

By the way I remember Tencent is involved in the Gulong game, I wonder if they'll just pick the entire studio up for cheap.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Tencent is really funding Gu Long game since they own the rights to Gu Long related media.

So translation is not unlikely.

notpl

Arbiter
Tencent is really funding Gu Long game since they own the rights to Gu Long related media.

So translation is not unlikely.
Do you have a link about this? It's exciting news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom