Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fourth time is a charm, huh?

In b4 "Chaos Realms is not going to be released because my artist went bankrupt, but expect kickstarter for Demon's Beyond in a few months".
"Demon's Beyond is not going to be released because my shills on the internet are lazy and didn't work hard enough, but expect kickstarter for Fallen Realms: Chronicles of the Ashes in a few months"

The possibilities are endless.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Looks like I need to repost
Tsk, expecting an update from HobGob.
It's not funding, it's donating money to people you don't really know for making a product you probably won't ever get. There are no guarantees for anything, they could take the money and make a big Obsidian hooker party without delivering any kind of product to you. You don't have any contract with them and they don't need to disclose their costs or expenses to you either.

Kickstarter is the PERFECT model for developer to receive money without any restrictions or liabilities to somebody. No publishers, no investors, only patrons who doesn't have any right on anything. And now the best part: the backer take 100% of the risk but 0% of the profits :)
OH MY...

Naughty, naughty goblin

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm expecting this to be a trainwreck, but my RPG options these days are extremely limited so whatever, I'm in it for a box. I'll still get to laugh at the people who think it'll turn out great.
Great Prophet Roguey! WOLOLOLO!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's not funding, it's donating money to people you don't really know for making a product you probably won't ever get. There are no guarantees for anything, they could take the money and make a big Obsidian hooker party without delivering any kind of product to you. You don't have any contract with them and they don't need to disclose their costs or expenses to you either.

Kickstarter is the PERFECT model for developer to receive money without any restrictions or liabilities to somebody. No publishers, no investors, only patrons who doesn't have any right on anything. And now the best part: the backer take 100% of the risk but 0% of the profits :)
OH MY...

Naughty, naughty goblin

Yeah, I remember this. I guess he really did tell everyone up front what his intentions were. What a cunt.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Doing nothing for last 18 months was their strategy. They really must hate winning. Just. Continue. Development, bitches. What will happen? Air Strike?

Alternative: Release engine & tools to fans, while you keep doing nothing for next 18 months, fans may make something

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Well, at least Pierre delivered a game. This thread is just about how some assholes repeatedly scammed gullible people (like myself) with stories of "teh evul publisherz!"

The outcome never surprised me. They already threw JarlFrank under the bus for being a part of the All Niggers Must Hang community, showing some Management Excellence right there. What more could one expect of future developments?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

OH MY...

Naughty, naughty goblin

Yeah, I remember this. I guess he really did tell everyone up front what his intentions were. What a cunt.

Probably says more about the people (myself included) that backed it than Hobgoblin in all honesty.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
HobGoblin42 said:

Kickstarter is the PERFECT model for developer to receive money without any restrictions or liabilities to somebody. No publishers, no investors, only patrons who doesn't have any right on anything. And now the best part: the backer take 100% of the risk but 0% of the profits
OH MY...

Naughty, naughty goblin

It's the first rule when playing a RPG, never give your gold to the goblins!

Mortmal

Arcane
Now in all seriousness: how the fuck do you imagine developing cRPG in Germany?! High taxes, high salaries, high costs of living. Primadonna programmers. Financially impossibile

Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia - Cheap taxes, cheap salaries, cheap costs of living. Good programmers, accept vodka/rakija as payment

Money made on Kickstarter/Steam? Same

This is economics LVL:1
This is reason why there is no German ATOM/ATOM:Trudograd, Stoneshard, Encased, Vagrus: The Riven Realms, Starsector, Kingmaker, Underrail...
Not really cheap there either :
belgium-2736100_1280.jpg

Yet one of the most acclaimed RPG in the codex by one of the most loved studio is being developped there. High wages, high cost of living, high everything...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Now in all seriousness: how the fuck do you imagine developing cRPG in Germany?! High taxes, high salaries, high costs of living. Primadonna programmers. Financially impossibile

Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia - Cheap taxes, cheap salaries, cheap costs of living. Good programmers, accept vodka/rakija as payment

This is reason why there is no German ATOM/ATOM:Trudograd, Stoneshard, Encased, Vagrus: The Riven Realms, Starsector, Kingmaker, Underrail...
belgium-2736100_1280.jpg

Yet one of the most acclaimed RPG in the codex by one of the most loved studio is being developped there. High wages, high cost of living, high everything...
Here's the answer spelled out to this difficult riddle then: dos is shit. "Critically acclaimed" = "a million flies can't be wrong".

This requires a more detailed explanation for why an RPG needs a story and writing to be a gaming experience. Another day.

Mortmal

Arcane

belgium-2736100_1280.jpg

Here's the answer spelled out to this difficult riddle then: dos is shit. "Critically acclaimed" = "a million flies can't be wrong".

This requires a more detailed explanation for why an RPG needs a story and writing to be a gaming experience. Another day.
We will make a poll in 2026 , well polls , and i am pretty sure BG3 will be on top .

curds

Magister
I finally got my combat beta key, but by this point I have already pirated it and started playing ToEE again, so it's redundant.

Generic-Giant-Spider

WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS GAME

ITS BEEN LIKE 80 YEARS

I'M GOING TO DIE SOON AND NEVER PLAY IT

LOOK AT ALL THIS SHIT YET TO BE DONE

SHUT IT DOWN

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
End of a bizzare circus shitshow
[TRANSLATION]It's dead, Bob

T1lb1cj_d.webp

IMO: everything started going to shit when HobGoblin stopped posting here on Codex and surrounded himself with Discord trannies. Reddest redflag was firing of JarlFrank. My sources tell me he'll be making new game and Realms Beyond is not 100% but 1000% dead

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Supposedly it won't even be in his engine for Realms Beyond nor isometric. Not even in RPG genre. Action-stealth first-person game. Something like Thief

Yes, there's joke writting itself:smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

OH MY...

Naughty, naughty goblin

Probably says more about the people (myself included) that backed it than Hobgoblin in all honesty.

Yeah I don't mind goblin as much as I'm surprised at the Codexers who trusted these guys after they failed twice, blaming everyone else both times.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yeah, even if both times HobGoblin's fantastical stories were true, it does say a lot how terrible leader he is or simply despised by Lady Luck

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
think the more banal truth is that these guys are just horrible managers - something which was probably true for 99% of the developers we thought were just getting held back by shitty publishers, when we were young

still think our interview with bitcomposer was somewhat of a perspective turning point of the era for this site

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
think the more banal truth is that these guys are just horrible managers - something which was probably true for 99% of the developers we thought were just getting held back by shitty publishers, when we were young

still think our interview with bitcomposer was somewhat of a perspective turning point of the era for this site

I've said it in the shoutbox a few times in the past, but a lot of projects people call "scams" are more likely just examples of colossal incompetence, mismanagement and feature creep.

I think that even mostly applies to famous "scam" projects like Star Citizen.

If they wanted to run a scam, there are far easier and more lucrative scams than continuing to work on vapourware endlessly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom