Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

kain30

Cipher
Guys.... Is already dead, please stop

Dorateen

Arcane
It's mostly dead. And as we all know,

princess-mostly-dead.gif

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why don't they release the engine? Engine is owned by HobGoblin, not Company itself. That's confirmed fact. They could've at least in all this time (what? 18 months since active development stopped) released engine and mod tools. They marketed engine as: RPG Maker engine for Baldur's Gates, Fallouts and Arcanums, and that really seems to be true. Creation Engine for isometric cRPGs

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Stoneshard VS Realms Beyond

>at same time have Kickstarter (2018)
>Stoneshard gets less money 101k$VS126k$
>Realms Beyond get +100k$ grant from Merkel
>Stoneshard gets bottle of vodka from Putin
>almost 4 years later:
>Realms Beyond is waiting for bankruptcy that won't come because Bavarian government forgot to ask for its grant when there were no results, if they had then RB would have to pay back grant with money they don't have which would kick bankruptcy. Then they would go on auction and re-purchase all their own assets (probably new Kickstarter for that). Why? Because second owner, who was crowned as CEO by Hob because he couldn't be bothered with business side, decided to troll Hob by simply not answering any studio related questions unless they are related to Bayern FC and their next match. That vow of silence and trolling is ongoing for 2+ years (which increases the intesity of joke) German Humour.TM
>Stoneshard sold over 500k+ copies on Steam alone, game is fun, has bunch of content. First big city got added, reminds me of Vizima. Development continues
>Germans lose. Russians win
>History is on the loop

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Haha. C'mon maine bruddas!
At least make patreon fund for legal battle against second owner. There are enough pissed simps for this game on Discord alone

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Now in all seriousness: how the fuck do you imagine developing cRPG in Germany?! High taxes, high salaries, high costs of living. Primadonna programmers. Financially impossibile

Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia - Cheap taxes, cheap salaries, cheap costs of living. Good programmers, accept vodka/rakija as payment

Money made on Kickstarter/Steam? Same

This is economics LVL:1
This is reason why there is no German ATOM/ATOM:Trudograd, Stoneshard, Encased, Vagrus: The Riven Realms, Starsector, Kingmaker, Underrail...

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Game EXISTS, sold really well, has awesome graphics, interesting role-playing mechanics, many fighting abilities/spells, lots of world/society simulation elements, and in December alone received 3 smaller content patches. Content patch in November was huge. There were two more medium content patches this year. Game area size grew 10× in November. Many bug fixes/balance hotfixes in-between. Devs daily chat with gamers

Realms Beyond while still actively worked on, I remember we had to literally beg them on our knees for 1 DevDiary with some lore/concept art every 3-4 months. Game is in coma since 2020.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Now in all seriousness: how the fuck do you imagine developing cRPG in Germany?! High taxes, high salaries, high costs of living. Primadonna programmers. Financially impossibile

Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia - Cheap taxes, cheap salaries, cheap costs of living. Good programmers, accept vodka/rakija as payment

Money made on Kickstarter/Steam? Same

This is economics LVL:1
This is reason why there is no German ATOM/ATOM:Trudograd, Stoneshard, Encased, Vagrus: The Riven Realms, Starsector, Kingmaker, Underrail...

Battle Brothers.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Too bad Realms Beyond is never getting released

Just like Grimoire didn't, right ye cuck?

There is 100% chance this will release, only question is under which title/studio.

Get ready to pay for it again (and again and again and again...)! Woo!

How many times will they use the same sob story and get people to pay for this abortion of a project? Except it'll totally release this time! Promise!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
>Realms Beyond is waiting for bankruptcy that won't come because Bavarian government forgot to ask for its grant when there were no results, if they had then RB would have to pay back grant with money they don't have which would kick bankruptcy. Then they would go on auction and re-purchase all their own assets (probably new Kickstarter for that). Why? Because second owner, who was crowned as CEO by Hob because he couldn't be bothered with business side, decided to troll Hob by simply not answering any studio related questions unless they are related to Bayern FC and their next match. That vow of silence and trolling is ongoing for 2+ years (which increases the intesity of joke) German Humour.TM
I mean this is literally the official reason why development stopped. BRRRUH! I find it so banal, so stupid, so lolzy, so random, so depressive. I guess that's legendary German Humour.TM. Finally, I understand it

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

There is 100% chance this will release, only question is under which title/studio.
The irony here being that Grimoire development only took 20 years, while after ten years this game has to show for it... what? A barely functioning combat beta?

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Discord discussion is getting JUICY! again
Basically people are telling them: JUST. DO. IT!!!

Continue development and if second owner objects, excellent! use that as proof of his sabotage of company and first owner's capital, and finally you'd have communication with him again

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why don't they release the engine? Engine is owned by HobGoblin, not Company itself. That's confirmed fact. They could've at least in all this time (what? 18 months since active development stopped) released engine and mod tools. They marketed engine as: RPG Maker engine for Baldur's Gates, Fallouts and Arcanums, and that really seems to be true. Creation Engine for isometric cRPGs

Proprietary engines built from the ground up by in-house staff are probably not the most user friendly, and will likely take a monumental amount of work to make into customer-facing software, even if an in-game editor is included.

But yeah, I'm all for this. If they can manage it, I'll fucking buy it.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
THIS
They know what they are doing. They have ze plan. Not sure what RB devs have.
Given that at this point we are at two different projects collapsing under their own weight and with nothing but increasingly confusing excuses to show for it, I think I have a vague idea.
Give me your idea. What you think it is? Some pyramid scheme or just autisticly lawful good Germans?

I'm really interested

curds

Magister
The Wall haven't got my key yet btw, but I'm beginning to realise you may have been joking when you said I will 100 per cent get it ASAP.

mondblut

Arcane

Fourth time is a charm, huh?

In b4 "Chaos Realms is not going to be released because my artist went bankrupt, but expect kickstarter for Demon's Beyond in a few months".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom