Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I'll probably get it in a couple of months if most of the serious bugs are fixed by then. Hopefully it will be on GOG by then as well.

Delterius

Arcane
It almost sounds like they tried to make a really fucked up game on purpose: I mean, dogs in combat showing up as human skeletons? :lol:
Wow, that's mysingno material right there. Wait.... quick! Someone! Lplay this piece of shit like you're decending into madness in a jadusable fashion!

Stabwound

Arcane
IvanErtlov [developer] 31 minutes ago
Apology & next steps
First of all, I am neither a publishers nor a developers spokesman, and my CM times were over a long time ago. I am now speaking as helping hand of the dev team and coordinator of the next patching efforts.

Let me apologize first. It was in no way intended to deliver the game with a load of bugs, glitches and errors, and I fully understand the outrage of every single player who played the game now and stumbled upon problems that shouldn´t be present in ANY released version. There is no time for and no sense in blameshifting, so I can only tell you the truth. We ran during the work on the Day1 patch into unexpected troubles. Severe unexpected troubles that costed many days of otherwise productive bugfixing and optimization work. I know that the release should have been delayed by the lost time (+ an additional security timeframe), but that is not the developers decision.

However, we are tackling the issues fast, and we hit them pretty good. (As former American football champ I like the words "tackling" and "hit" here). This means, we will give you DAILY updates and fixes, and we will adress many of the issues during the next days.

The first patch today will already bring relieve to many of you, and you can look up the plan for the next days here:

http://forum.schicksalsklinge.com/index.php?page=Board&boardID=93

And I will keep you updated on a daily base untill all is done and good.
So, someone finally admitted that the game got pushed out early. It still seems like they had a lot more trouble and days wasted than they admit, but at least someone finally admitted it. The guys on the official forum (at least English section) were acting like everyone was overreacting and that there were only a few minor issues. It's pretty obvious the game, especially the English version, was barely playtested. Patches implementing features that were supposed to be in the game? Come on.

Gord

Arcane
Team Gizka terms?

That would mean that the game was nothing but hyped vaporware, with no communication from the devs after a few months and talking about it on the official forums constituting a bannable offense.

Delterius

Arcane
I doubt these things happned, so I actually meant the cult-like side of internet forums. Wondering if people stood up for the game, for some crazy reason.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The Russo-Austrian community is very invested in American Football.

New Patch is out:
Patch 1.04 - July 31st, 2013 (8pm GMT+1)

• Fights: Fix random Crashes
  • Fights: Remember Player Avatar setup
  • Fights: Fix Turn and Zoom buttons
  • Character: All-to-Parry fix for new Characters
  • Character: Fix delete Character despite of Cancel
  • Character: Fix Scrollbar on Load Character after first refresh
  • Character: Remove Levelup positive attribute can fail
  • Lore Talents: Levelup max improve 3 points instead of 2
  • Character: Magician can now increase his schooled skills 3x
  • Character: After Levelup Display Bugs removed
  • Tavern: Fix stealing response text, fix cheating result (latter: german only)
  • Translation: fix half-translated character screen
  • Trader: 999D Bug fixed
  • Character: Fix Editor messing up Character Images - not reproduceable anymore
  • Fights: Fix Camping Fightstart problems
  • Villages: Guards in Thorwal changed
  • Villages: Rovik Harbor update
  • Trader:Fixed choose but don’t pay for Items
  • Fights: Changed Damagetype of Ignifaxius from Magical to Fire

FWIW, they already fixed a couple of things that had been announced for later patches and a bunch of new stuff.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Serves everyone right for buying a remake that's actually uglier than the original game

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just wanted to inform the unwashed masses that Crafty Studios is an Austrian company, not a German one. Mhkay?

Also... lol
Once I have time for it I want to play this game in an unpatched state and make a video of it while doing so.
It will be
images

sser

Arcane
Developer
The Austrians' greatest feat was convincing the world that Hitler Crafty Studios was German.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://www.craftystudios.com/contact/home

A stands for Austria :)

Crafty Studios Game Development GmbH
Lichtenwörthergasse 112a, A-7033 Pöttsching
(info (at) craftystudios.com) - Lowlands
Business Management:

Ronald Haider (ronald (dot) haider (at) craftystudios.com) - Alpine
About Crafty Studios
Crafty Studios was founded in January 2006 to develop, set up and publish browsergames and MMOGs. Today Crafty Studios is proud of its good reputation in the german-speaking browsergame scene. The most popular Crafty-game "Devilfight 2" is targeted mainly at women and offers an optional payment concept. This type of gameplay renewed the possibility to focus on special customer groups.
Crafty Studios experienced that browser gamers are mainly played by an audience aged 18 to 50 years. New projects and games will mainly focus on the same audience, as Crafty Studios now has a good base and experience in supporting and managing games for this target group.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Haider, eh?

Is it common for a game developer to be based in a private residence in a village of 2,800 people?

Stabwound

Arcane
Today Crafty Studios is proud of its good reputation in the german-speaking browsergame scene. The most popular Crafty-game "Devilfight 2" is targeted mainly at women and offers an optional payment concept. This type of gameplay renewed the possibility to focus on special customer groups.
Yeah, that's really something to be proud of.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Today's patch:

Patch 1.05 - August 1st, 2013 (8pm GMT+2)

Character: Robes and Coats moved to “Coat” equipment slot
Fight: Fixed Fastness of Body Spell
Ambient: Footsteps Volume changed
Ambient: Spell Voiceovers activated
Texts: Update english Item descriptions
Camps: Spellcasting activated
Towns: Spellcasting activated
Dungeons: Spellcasting activated
Texts: Talent Descriptions
Placeholder: Map fixed
Questbook: Click closed the Screen - fixed
Questbook: Content Mismatch fixed
Character: Parry updated
Hostels: Rent-Time fixed

Work in progress (planed now for 1.06):
Fight: Implement flee Battles
Fight: Fix irritating weapon display discrepancies
Fight: Improve Action Feedback (Sounds, Texts)

Drowed

Arcane
When it reaches a playable state, someone please post it here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom