Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Thankfully a game is much more than a cover art with Jill and Nemesis. You know, insignificant things like gameplay, music, graphics, which we haven't seen yet.

I'll judge those things when I see them. Right now this is all I have to go by.

Taurist

Scholar
I'd be a little disappointed if a re3remake made it out before a new mainline RE. I enjoyed re2remake a good deal, but that only made me yearn for a full fledged new game made in the same vein

I kind of feel like if RE2-Remake handnt been a remake it might have had similar issues that RE6 and Rev2 had. A lot of the strictly original segments go a little off the rails. The section where you play the little girl comes to mind.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Doesn't me surprise if they release it next year.
With REmake 2, they already have most assets, AI, UI, systems and scenarios to make a REmake 3.
Altough taking into acount the current industry hype pratices, this will probably drop around September. Since they still need to show a trailer, gameplay footage (which will be shown around E3) and finally the demo.

Nemesis looks pretty good. Gives off an earrie vibe.

As for Jill... It's fine. An definitive improvement Claire, but still not the best result.
But I can't really blame the guys at Capcom, not even in regards to REmake 2 and DMC5. Since problem are not the models, but rather the fact that there still is an uncanny valley to face scanning.

Jill: Model vs Game said:
1575446238355.jpg

1575485327095.jpg

Claire: Model vs Game said:

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Another Capcom game not called Dragon's Dogma 2 :negative:
I know the feeling. When I see Capcom is going to announce something I just tell myself DD2 won't ever happen. Makes it easier to accept that Capcom doesn't care about Dragon's Dogma. They'd rather chase the nostalgia train with Resident Evil(2 Remake was pretty well done though).:negative:

But maybe one day Capcom will make Dragon's Dogma 2 and more of the same would be perfectly fine with me.

PrettyDeadman

Doesn't me surprise if they release it next year.
With REmake 2, they already have most assets, AI, UI, systems and scenarios to make a REmake 3.
Altough taking into acount the current industry hype pratices, this will probably drop around September. Since they still need to show a trailer, gameplay footage (which will be shown around E3) and finally the demo.

Nemesis looks pretty good. Gives off an earrie vibe.

As for Jill... It's fine. An definitive improvement Claire, but still not the best result.
But I can't really blame the guys at Capcom, not even in regards to REmake 2 and DMC5. Since problem are not the models, but rather the fact that there still is an uncanny valley to face scanning.

Jill: Model vs Game said:

Claire: Model vs Game said:

Photos from photoshoots do not necessarily represent how model looks in real life, since it's usually a product of a lot of makeup, professional lighting, unnatural poses/facial expressions and photoshop.
It's understandable that the model in game based on an actor looks different from some of their photos if they used real person as a reference and not photos from one of the photoshoots, especially at a different angle, in a different pose and lighting conditions...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think Jill looks cute whats wrong with her?
She doesn't look like the Jill from REmake 1, witch is how everybody see her.

Yep. They were never going to reuse Voth, they didn't reuse her for Revelations.

Voth is still smoking, but she's getting a bit old to face model for Jill.

I'm withholding judgement on new Jill till we see her properly in game. Despite the /v/ rage over Claire pre-release, she looked pretty good ingame apart from some exaggerated expressions in cutscenes.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I think Jill looks cute whats wrong with her?
She doesn't look like the Jill from REmake 1, witch is how everybody see her.
It's an outrage. For the very first time, a character in the RE series looks somewhat different than they did in previous games.

No, it's an outrage they will never make another real Resident Evil game. To hell with Resident Evil 4 and all who liked it. Even myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom