Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant playable vampire MILFs

new update for VII, 2 and 3 increases requirements (dx12, GF 960gtx) and you can't play them on Win7 and 8.1 with the update
Junkrunners with Win7/8.1 will get some nasty surprise when update drops - can't play the game you bought. Digital gaming iz da future

Last edited:
Any other cases of a first person game getting an official third person mode added after release/as dlc?

I only remember Rockstar pulling the opposite by adding fpp to GTAV (rdr2?) after release.

Wunderbar

Arcane
The DLC came out.

5igQnFl.jpg

It's pretty much like the original campaign, but in miniature. There are no new locations, first half of the dlc repurposes Dimitrescu's castle, the second half - Beneviento's manor and some parts of the village. Suffers pretty much from the same issues as the original game - it's too linear, too hand-holdy, and is full of shitty scripted setpiece moments.

Not a Hero for RE7 was way better.

Wunderbar

Arcane
moving mannequins in Beneviento manor was a really cool moment, though. Almost as scary as the crawling embryo.

Vatnik Wumao
Watched some footage of this game and I'm a bit confused. I recall Resident Evil being much more grounded as a setting, but this seems more akin to some crossover between old Resident Evil and Silent Hill. When did the franchise change direction like this?

Deflowerer

Arcane
Watched some footage of this game and I'm a bit confused. I recall Resident Evil being much more grounded as a setting, but this seems more akin to some crossover between old Resident Evil and Silent Hill. When did the franchise change direction like this?

Missing the point of Resident Evil. Even if it appears more fantastic, the series has been pretty consistent in its focus on bio-organic weapons and bioterrorism. Even the more action-oriented approach in 4/5/6 was a natural continuation universe-wise of the escalating use of biological weapons for warfare.

Vatnik Wumao
Even if it appears more fantastic
That's part of what defined the franchise though. And now you go from the soft SF of the earlier entries to meme characters like the Duke & the Lady whose visual designs seem to be more at home in a Silent Hill title. Even if they handwave it away with some biotech babble, these aren't the 'realistic' mutants of the early games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Starting from the first game, it was always the more over-the-top campy b-movie of the two.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
It 'changed direction' in 1993 with "Giant spiders because they're scary, wait I mean, what are we calling it? Some kind of virus?"

Vatnik Wumao
it was always the more over-the-top campy b-movie of the two.
Didn't imply otherwise, but it was different in its campiness from whatever this is. Romero style zombies, 'realistic' mutants (animal & humanoid), the whole evil corpo vs law enforcement trope, cheesy Western style characters =/= meme vampire ladies and Jabba the Duke. Old RE had a Western aesthetic and style of camp while this seems like a SH derivative. Might be quite the edgy take to make, but even Anderson's shitty film adaptations seem truer to the spirit of early RE than whatever this is (same sort of Western camp, only that the movies are action '''horror''' rather than survival horror).

But meh, haven't kept up with this series, so perhaps I am missing the 'natural progression' from aforementioned Western shlock (RE1-4) to this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Didn't imply otherwise, but it was different in its campiness from whatever this is. Romero style zombies, 'realistic' mutants (animal & humanoid), the whole evil corpo vs law enforcement trope, cheesy Western style characters =/= meme vampire ladies and Jabba the Duke. Old RE had a Western aesthetic and style of camp while this seems like a SH derivative. Might be quite the edgy take to make, but even Anderson's shitty film adaptations seem truer to the spirit of early RE than whatever this is (same sort of Western camp, only that the movies are action '''horror''' rather than survival horror).

But meh, haven't kept up with this series, so perhaps I am missing the 'natural progression' from aforementioned Western shlock (RE1-4) to this.
I don't see how the tall vampire lady and the new merchant are anything close to what you'd find in Silent Hill. They aren't too different from Mr. X or Salazar.

Vatnik Wumao
I don't see how the tall vampire lady and the new merchant are anything close to what you'd find in Silent Hill. They aren't too different from Mr. X or Salazar.
Fair enough with the Salazar comparison, but meh. This just doesn't seem to have the same vibe as early titles to me, but I guess that's just a matter of taste in terms of whichever prior elements of the setting we tend to emphasize.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vatnik Wumao
haven't kept up with this series
Clearly not. Resident Evil 4 (2005) is much closer in tone and themes to Village than it is to RE 1-3.
Village is clearly inspired by the... ahem Village section of RE4 and general pre-castle section.
Should've probably reduced my argument to RE1-3 anyway since RE4 also changes some other stuff such as the way in which the zombies work, but oh well. Guess I just like RE1-3.

gummy

Learned
The only time I was genuinely enjoying myself in the Rose DLC was the sections with the dolls you can't look away from. Everything else was so mehhh

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Suffers pretty much from the same issues as the original game - it's too linear, too hand-holdy, and is full of shitty scripted setpiece moments.

As someone who greatly disliked Village, I watched someone play part of this dlc.. I couldn't believe how low-effort it was, especially as a sold product. It's like they don't know what made the first 3 tick, or don't care. What a shame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom