Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rift / Vive / VR General

Fargus

Arcane
It's out.

Looks like 50% off if you own the original. Bundle with discount is accessible from original Amid Evil steam page.

Venser

Erudite
Bloomberg got their hands on Quest 3.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...pares-to-apple-mixed-reality-headset-li7h3suy

6ubruicycm2b1.jpg

Venser

Erudite
Meta Quest gaming showcase starts in 8 hours and they will most likely announce Quest 3.

Then on June 5-9 Apple is gonna announce their new VR/MR headset with rumored $3000 price.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Clearly need it, now with a snap of fingers i can watch my shitty woke netflix shows but with 4k on every eyes , cool graphics appearing on my face while doing it and the headset auto tracking my movement and eyes with a precision never reached before . Oh i can even call my autistic nephew with it and have him float in a bubble and have him still saying nothing of interest.
No doubt in the one year window they left open to developpers before mass market release, groundbreaking applications and video games will start to appear and take advantage of all that wonderful technology.
Nope...

Doktor Best

Arcane

Cool doom-like FPS announced. Looks a bit flat on Quest due to no shadows but the gameplay looks solid.

Wanderer gets a remake for PSVR2 and PCVR, with better controls, graphics, more content.

Pavlov got update 29 with an engine update to UE5. Looks and plays even better now. Plenty of full lobbies due to crossplay with PSVR2 enabled. Best multiplayer shooter imho.

This was a while ago already but Battle Talent got its full release on Meta and PCVR. Its a melee combat simulator akin to Blade and Sorcery, just with actual content and progression. Didnt try it yet but people are pretty hyped about it.

Coming to the end of my Resident Evil Village playthrough on PSVR2. Aside from janky cutscenes its a really good port imho. Would be cool to see it on PCVR without reprojection (albeit they have done a good job of minimizing the blur/jitter)

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I saw HSN recently trying to unload an old stock of Quest 2 devices for $250 but I think I'll wait for Quest 3 to see if its VR is a bit less primitive.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I saw HSN recently trying to unload an old stock of Quest 2 devices for $250 but I think I'll wait for Quest 3 to see if its VR is a bit less primitive.

Depends what you want to do with it. If your goal is just to have headset for PCVR then there is no reason to wait for Quest 3 as it will have mostly the same resolution and Quest 2 already supports 120hz.

Venser

Erudite

Depends what you want to do with it. If your goal is just to have headset for PCVR then there is no reason to wait for Quest 3 as it will have mostly the same resolution and Quest 2 already supports 120hz.

Quest 3 will have pancake lensees that give clearer picture regardless of the resolution. And the resolution bump is decent enough in my opinion; it's 2064 × 2208 compared to Quest 2's 1920 x 1832.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Dont forget that the 100% performance increase of the onboard chip most likely means you can run higher bitrates (decompression step is the current biggest bottleneck, which is run through the SOC). Quest3 will also support Wifi6E and AV1 codec. Higher bitrate means a clearer picture with less compression artifacts.

So yeah there will be a difference for pcvr performance. How big it will be i cant tell yet

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom