Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Crichton

Prophet
1475582ACD0761A5AE350A7B3621D74F5AD7E7B0

:whatho:

Crom's beard, she's ugly. What the hell happened to her mouth?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess she became the ship whore. Someone had to attend upon all the seamen during journeys and she was the only woman on board.

Tigranes

Arcane
There is no HP bloat compared to older PB games. It's a mediocre game by any measure, let's not make shit up. (If we want to say PB games in general have HP bloat, sure, that's a different yardstick. It does often serve a purpose in that you can't use a couple of spells or shoot things from afar then hope to finish things off just like that.)

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
The more i read the more Im thinking of getting this now. Seems much better than Risen 2, which i loved. I should be in for a treat.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh, if you loved R2, then get this immediately. It looks more and more like R2+.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tigranes Is the Risen 2+ verdict something you don't believe will get better anymore when you get further, that this is not just a clumsy opening but a clear direction?

Visperas

Augur
It gets better after tutorial island but combat is still shit. I can't riposte yet but I think that's the only extra maneuver and I don't think it will make it all that better. What makes me rage is that it's more or less the same thing Piranha as been doign with their last games. They barely improve in each iteration! You could try a Dark Souls-esque improved combat system or improve in the reactivity and C&C. Something!

Tigranes

Arcane
Everything I've said so far is definitely provisional. I've had 4-5 hours, I haven't seen many of the islands, I haven't gotten reliable access to crystal and voodoo magic yet, etc. And as everyone that has played PB games will know, the experience of combat cdhanges dramatically (1) when you get access to riposte and othe rskills, (2) when you've become acclimatised and figure out the patterns. E.g. R2 actually can be quite difficult early on then becomes trivial, though even early on you can figure out it's kind of broken. I'm trying to take those things into account when I say things.

What I am relatively certain of is that (1) many assets are reused from R2, and in general, the R2 'feel' of the world is very much dominant; (2) combat mechanisms are more 'complex' than R2 (there's more parts to it) but the balance of basic components does not seem to have been well-tuned, which was critical to G1/2/R1's quality; (3) it is a fun game which I don't regret buying at all & am eager to play more, but it is definitely not the return of G2 or something.

Captain_Obvious

Scholar
Better to play some Gothic 1/2 mods. There is bunch of them, some of them quite impressive, like recently released Global Mod. Bunch of stuff (new factions, items, quests) and almost 100h of gameplay. So choice is your...

Where can one find all these awesome mods, good sir? Google went potato on them....

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If we want to say PB games in general have HP bloat, sure, that's a different yardstick.

I don't see any HP bloat in PB games whatsoever. Not in the slightest.

Yes, if you're lvl3 and you're trying to nibble a Dragon Snapper to death with your Rusty Sword, then it may certainly seem so. But a rational human being, when bumping into such an enemy in a game without scaling, usually legs it and comes back when he can shoot the fucker with three arrows. :M

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Better to play some Gothic 1/2 mods. There is bunch of them, some of them quite impressive, like recently released Global Mod. Bunch of stuff (new factions, items, quests) and almost 100h of gameplay. So choice is your...

Where can one find all these awesome mods, good sir? Google went potato on them....
The Global Mod is available only in Russian and Polish.

Tigranes

Arcane
Similar, I guess? Runs superbly at highest settings on my desktop now entering its 4th year. I had a couple of crashes but it's been OK otherwise. Notably, saving is superfast with no separate saving... window, and loading is a few seconds, too.

Zeriel

Arcane
LOL @ this selling worse on Steam than a month old turn-based RPG that doesn't treat the player like a retard. PB clearly made a good decision by making their games more accessible to a wider audience, I bet this is selling millions on consoles.:hero:

It's not like PB was ever making super niche games, though. Gothic 1 was more action game than RPG, it just had a really cool setting and ambience.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

The Global Mod is available only in Russian and Polish.

Should call it The Potato Mod then, that's some false advertising. :rpgcodex:

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Read the forums and reviews, its clearly one of the better PB games. Those user scores are from graphic whores, console noobs, those with no patience, and people who are voting after half an hour play time.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
5.2 user score.. Is it really that bad ?
Read escapist review and think: "If retard like that gave it such low score for having some quest, and being relatively slow, this game must have something for it."

I'd probably wait for patch or two, because they have quite a renomee for buggy releases.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Another thing I like about this grbg is how they pulled a bait'n'switch by promoting how it was a return to generic fantasy, yet it starts out Full Pirate.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Exactly. Maybe it takes a sharp turn at some point. All the teaser shit was medieval/fantasy and all I've seen so far is pirates.

DefJam101

Arcane
What's truly agonizing is that I want to play a Pirates of the Caribbean ripoff RPG, with scenery-chewing drunken pirates, naval combat and travel, rum, ye olde sailors' tales and buried treasure, but here I am watching a once-loved company completely butcher that idea.

that describes AC except for the playing the game bit. you don't actually play AC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom