Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
This game is baed :/

An improvement in some aspects over Ri2en, sure. But it's still fucking bad.

Says the guy witha lets play of Rage of Mages.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
possibly_retarded.png

Tigranes

Arcane
If combat is so terrible for you that you want to use companions to speed it up, you probabyl shouldn't waste more of your time on it.

I think I'm reaching a point where, after checking out Fog island, I'll get into the probably less fun endgame closing all the crystal portals and such. I do have the final eastern part of Calador to do though, which "go in together" bit has a nice G2 beyond-the-barrier vibe.

Despite the easy combat it's still pretty fun to take on Shadow Lords and the like who, at Hard and with my 30 toughness, can basicall take out 90% of health in one power attack.

made

Arcane
There's something strangely fascinating about a PG12 game with childish writing that at the same time features monstrous tits and implied incest. Almost makes me want to play it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There's something strangely fascinating about a PG12 game with childish writing that at the same time features monstrous tits and implied incest. Almost makes me want to play it.

So basically CODEX GAME OF THE YEAR™ (well actually it WOULD be if the girl was a tranny)..... :M

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I killed the first Shadow Lord from Tacarigua using a 20-40 dmg sword without any sword upgrades - basically using the default start-up state.

I'm conflicted about this. It took me like 20 tries, but it should not be possible. Fucking rolling.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Strollin' around Calador with muh starter armour, a flechette pistol crossbow and all attributes below 35, I come across a shadow lawd. 8 bolts later, he's dead.

Then someone tells me shadow lawds are the toughest enemies in the game.

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

made

Arcane
Strollin' around Calador with muh starter armour, a flechette pistol crossbow and all attributes below 35, I come across a shadow lawd. 8 bolts later, he's dead.

Then someone tells me shadow lawds are the toughest enemies in the game.
More like TURD lords, amirite? :smug:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I killed the first Shadow Lord from Tacarigua using a 20-40 dmg sword without any sword upgrades - basically using the default start-up state.

I'm conflicted about this. It took me like 20 tries, but it should not be possible. Fucking rolling.

Tigranes

Arcane
Ranged is stupid because it's far too easy to kill without getting into any danger. If you go melee with shadow lords they can still die quite easily, but they cdan also kill you very easily if you fuck up. Same thing as all other PB games, really, except where R2/3 fucks up is they give the player access to repeatable, easily accessible ranged attacks without fixing that.

ikarinokami

Augur
Finished, game was ok. not as good as risen 1. combat is a little too easy, and the game feels smaller and less detailed than either risen 1 or gothic 2. solid 7.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

So basically CODEX GAME OF THE YEAR™ (well actually it WOULD be if the girl was a tranny)..... :M

But does it take 130 hours to complete and has co-op? :smug:

DramaticPopcorn

Why do I keep playing this game :negative:

The combat is shit, every enemy is fought the same, you can block every attack from every creature by parrying, dodge is worse than in the witcher 2, there is no challenging battles, you cannot run away from enemies because their every attack homes on target. AI is shit and random. I miss gothic. So much wasted potential
The game looks good, though. I still like exploration even if its dull and barely rewarding, the world is somewhat interesting too.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

BUT, Is it romanceable?

On a side note, I did quite enjoy Risen 2. It feels a bit shallow and half-assed, yes, but at many points it does have the "PB" mood. It also improves on R1 on a few aspects, which is good. That said, I'm a sucker for pirates, thus my judgement is heavily biased by that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom