Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Anyone else having a weird stutter while running around?
Combat and cut-scenes seem ok to me, but there is a really annoying stutter going on while running. :argh:

Cunt destroyer

So, what are the main differences between the factions? Spells and armor?

Pretty much yes, although guardians are the closest to proper mages, while demon hunters and pirates are suited for melle and their magic is mostly buffs/debuffs.

You also get a different boat, but I can't tell if it's just cosmetic

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
So, what are the main differences between the factions? Spells and armor?
Pretty much yes, although guardians are the closest to proper mages, while demon hunters and pirates are suited for melle and their magic is mostly buffs/debuffs.

You also get a different boat, but I can't tell if it's just cosmetic
each faction has at least one skill that is exclusive and they all get a different mix of stuff that is highlighted with astral sight, for example guardians don't get the one that highlights weapons or the one that highlights quest items/levers. generally guardians are pretty lame unless you don't want to invest into lockpicking and just rust every lock away.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I cant shake the feeling that the starting island alone has more enemy types than the entirety of Ri2en

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pictured: me running in one place because this is an area where I'm "not supposed to be yet" even though I can reach it perfectly fine with the fly spell :roll:

invisible wall lol.jpg

Fucking invisible walls, how do they work :argh:

Anyway, I think I'm done with Risen 3. I've cleared out most of Taranis, and both combat and exploration remain just as dull and unrewarding as before. I should've gone full melee to squeeze at least some enjoyment out of it, I guess, but there's no way I'm replaying the 12 or so hours I've spent on this game.

bonescraper

Yup. There's tons of enemy types,more than r1/2 combined, it feels like
Too bad most of them are animals. Minion fights are a lot more interesting. They can block and their mages hit really hard.
pirates are suited for melle and their magic is mostly buffs/debuffs.
No.

Voodoo spells:
Lingering Death - a DoT spell that does enough damage to kill pretty much any animal. Even Shadow Lords require 4 or 5 more melee hits to kill them. Very useful.
Poison Cloud - not really what the name implies. It's an AoE spell. Creates an explosion around your character damaging and knockig back all enemies in its range. Decent when you're dealing with multiple enemies.
Kiss of Death - damages your target and heals you for the amount of damage dealt. Very useful, obviously.
Bloodlust - drives an enemy berserk making him attack anything in sight. Good for corwd control.
Parrot Flight - turns you into a parrot. Grants limited flight ability.

That's all i have thus far.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can block animals in Risen 1, too. Well some animals.
But it didn't always work, right? I think I remember fights against boars and wolves where they hit your block very hard and made you stumble, unable to block the next attack.
Yes, they could break it with a power attack but 80% or so of the time your block would hold.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
sigh

and just when it started as something kind of better than Ri2en, then the protag gets soulsapped and everything becomes a hp bloat again

goddammit

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Also, of all the pirate captains in Ri2en, they really had to recycle the most bland and retarded one? Jesus Christ.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Muskets are OP as fuck, I just basically kill everything within 5 seconds, 10 seconds top (golems being the only exception) with my 60 ranged and musket lvl2. I only completed one island when I got this skill (excluding the training island). That is on normal difficulty. It's good though, I don't have to deal with the grinding and just focus on the quests and exploration.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Muskets are OP as fuck, I just basically kill everything within 5 seconds, 10 seconds top (golems being the only exception) with my 60 ranged and musket lvl2. I only completed one island when I got this skill (excluding the training island). That is on normal difficulty. It's good though, I don't have to deal with the grinding and just focus on the quests and exploration.
Once you join a faction and get MAGIC HAND (at least I think all factions get it) you will see true op. It's like musket but no reload, no lock on and can't miss. And doesn't need bullets obviously.

gromit

Arcane
I'm playing the game with a gamepad too, works better than with the keyboard IMO. :obviously:
Die.
It's a game with directional rolling, multiple movement speeds, and a distinct lack of having to spin 180 degrees and tag someone with the Shock Rifle from 100 yards. Sounds perfectly playable on a gamepad, and like nothing would be lost by switching off of keyboard / mouse.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm playing the game with a gamepad too, works better than with the keyboard IMO. :obviously:
Die.
It's a game with directional rolling, multiple movement speeds, and a distinct lack of having to spin 180 degrees and tag someone with the Shock Rifle from 100 yards. Sounds perfectly playable on a gamepad, and like nothing would be lost by switching off of keyboard / mouse.
You're going to have so much fun against the artifact titan :M

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Where can you get a ton of mage crystals from? I mined out Tanaris with the prospector skill and had just enough to buy a lightning spell. But the mages want 40-44 crystals a spell.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I thought like that till I got elemental spells as guardian. With fire fist I'm slaughtering 3-4 mobs in seconds, can snipe them with fire balls from afar and rain hell upon them. Haven't used any healing also for hours.
Shit is just too easy even on hard, I only change diff.on sea monster fights to easy so they end quick.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Where can you get a ton of mage crystals from? I mined out Tanaris with the prospector skill and had just enough to buy a lightning spell. But the mages want 40-44 crystals a spell.
p. much all the guardian sidequests give you an option to demand crystals if you are threatening or persuasive enough. there's also a few on the other islands.
I thought like that till I got elemental spells as guardian. With fire fist I'm slaughtering 3-4 mobs in seconds, can snipe them with fire balls from afar and rain hell upon them. Haven't used any healing also for hours.
three probs with magic, though:
seems like every type of golem is immune to one type of magic, some of the bigger foes are as well, like lindwurms towards fire.
magic crystals to pay for that shit.
the basic area attack also targets friendlies/neutrals near the enemies. that sucks quite a lot, especially with people who drop dead instead of going unconscious when you kill them and who live near foes, like the two deserters on tortuga. and a few others. only party members and temp party members are immune to friendly fire.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Without prospecting, there's just about enough crystals in the entire game(-dlc areas and merchants, dunno about either quantity) to get all the spells. There's quite a few deposits on the mage island iirc, but there's lots of them in other places too.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Any mage spells that are a must? My lightning spell gets the job done for now. But some enemies have complete immunities to certain elemental effects. I don't want to be stuck with a lighting spell and find myself figthing nothing but lighting elementals before I can afford to replace it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah. In Risen 1 the final boss was an NES jumping puzzle. In Risen 3 one of the major bosses comes straight from Typing of the Dead.

Raapys

Arcane
Pretty meh game, but not really a significant change from Risen 2. So pretty much as expected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom