Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

catfood

AGAIN

BUT, Is it romanceable?

On a side note, I did quite enjoy Risen 2. It feels a bit shallow and half-assed, yes, but at many points it does have the "PB" mood. It also improves on R1 on a few aspects, which is good. That said, I'm a sucker for pirates, thus my judgement is heavily biased by that.

The problem is that that particular character is supposed to be your sister apparently.

The good news is that the developer is german. so you never know.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

BUT, Is it romanceable?

On a side note, I did quite enjoy Risen 2. It feels a bit shallow and half-assed, yes, but at many points it does have the "PB" mood. It also improves on R1 on a few aspects, which is good. That said, I'm a sucker for pirates, thus my judgement is heavily biased by that.

The problem is that that particular character is supposed to be your sister apparently.

The good news is that the developer is german. so you never know.

THAT never stopped anyone, bro. Not if sister had that rack, anyway. ; )

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
such excellent design

in a game where stunlocks and slow-ass attack animations define combat, let's include sum big bad monsters that are not only immune to stunlocks, but also ignore blocking altogether and are fast as fuk

yeah, back to flechette pistol crossbow spam

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Ah, good old "give the player a bunch of tools and enemies that are completely immune to those tools".
That's actually excellent design. Player would be forced to use multiple strategies instead of spamming only one boring strategy.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Ah, good old "give the player a bunch of tools and enemies that are completely immune to those tools".
That's actually excellent design. Player would be forced to use multiple strategies instead of spamming only one boring strategy.

"multiple strategies"?

i'm sorry but spamming rapid fire flechette pistol crossbow all the time does not exactly count as multiple strategies

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They should include crossbow resistant monsters. BTW shouldn't crossbow have pitiful fire rate?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hımmm, I can stunlock nearly everything especially if Fire Rain is active. Golems, shadow lords, leviathans, dragon clown snappers are all easly interrupted by power attacks. Only 2 kind of enemies seem to resist it rammers and soul eaters. Golems are so piss easy its not even funny.
Also some enemies can seldom stuck a sneaky fast attack between but it happens really rare (mostly eviathans do this)
Melee magic is OP as fuck I tell you, I'm rofl-stomping the game with its power attacks. Nothing can block it too...This at least made the game bearable for me, other wise I'd probably quit after finishing act 2.

Edit: I miss dangerous combat of Gothic 1-2 and Risen 1 :negative:. At least I really need to stay away from some mobs for a long time. But in R3 i killed the winged demon/worm thingy on crab coast with my starting equipment and stats...

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Only 2 kind of enemies seem to resist it rammers and soul eaters.

Yup, I meant the soul eaters.

But in R3 i killed the winged demon/worm thingy on crab coast with my starting equipment and stats...

I just killed the demon/flying worm thing on Calador with starting armour and crossbow spam :lol:

R3's flaws aside, exploration of the world alone would be reason aenough to give the game a try!

Try it, it's free!

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Some holes could not be accessed through parrot form but you could enter if you had your monkey. Parrot has smaller size than monkey yet there was a barrier. Also parrot could not walk, I wish they had implemented that.

As for the battles, when I fought big guys I cast lingering death and then rolled around until they died. Such diversity.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
o hey a broken bridge

let's turn into a smugparrot and fly over it

NOPE

INVISIBLE WALL BLOCKING THE WAY

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

made

Arcane
Actually it's super lazy design and a sure sign that your combat system is broken if you can't think of any other way to balance it than flat out immunities.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually it's super lazy design and a sure sign that your combat system is broken if you can't think of any other way to balance it than flat out immunities.

Could you point to real live combat where you can spam stunlock?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
o hey a broken bridge

let's turn into a smugparrot and fly over it

NOPE

INVISIBLE WALL BLOCKING THE WAY

Thats proper bullshit right there, I spend a good time trying to swim past it also from where lava river meets with sea but nope, game just teleports you back....
Same fucking teleport happens at near some shipwrecks in Fog Island, as soon as I jump into the sea game teleported me back to land...

:argh:

JUST LET ME DIE WITH DIGNITY OR STUCK THERE FOREVER DAMMIT!

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
OK THEN IF SMUGPARROT TRANSFORMATION DOESN'T WORK, SURELY I CAN JUST SWIM TO THE OTHER SIDE USING A LITTLE DETOUR

NOPE

FUCK YOU DARTH ROXOR WE DON'T WANT YOU SWIMMING HERE, NOW GET THE FUCK BACK TO THE SHORE *teleport yanks the hapless Darth Roxor away to his starting location*

Thats proper bullshit right there, I spend a good time trying to swim past it also from where lava river meets with sea but nope, game just teleports you back....

how DO you get to the other fucking side then? I think I've done everything there is to do on Calador now. Or is it some sort of a bullshit unlockable thing that only happens later when you join the demon hunters properly or what?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In general, there are too many nonsensical invisible walls, not just on Calador, making the parrot form nothing more than a gimmick. It was the final blow to the already lackluster exploration for me.

how DO you get to the other fucking side then? I think I've done everything there is to do on Calador now. Or is it some sort of a bullshit unlockable thing that only happens later when you join the demon hunters properly or what?

I'd assume so, yes. Same crap on Kila and Taranis too.

Last edited:

made

Arcane

Could you point to real live combat where you can spam stunlock?
da fuck?

ikarinokami

Augur
that was the biggest disappointment, invisible walls in a PB game. They need to go back and play Gothic 2, perhaps there souls can be saved from the temptations of consoles. I'm sure deep silver, and their lets call sacred citadel 2 sacred 3 instead and rip people off, and also a negative influence.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I blame the island set up. There should be a larger continent/island which all 3 factions have some small base for early joining.
THEN we should find someone to take us another island or part of the world. Hell, I'm even OK for something like Gothic 3s magical barrier which kills upon entering or second games orcish pallisade.
Games biggest problem ,after combat, is having similar islands. After battling same hordes over and over it really gets boring, especially with only melee. Some challange like more human enemies with magic and gunfire would be good. Like lighthouse bandits in Gothic 2 , that was one of the toughest fights early on.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom