Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League out now

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just found out about this game on Youtube. Don't know if anyone has mentioned this - but when all the Youtube comments seems to be united in their agreement of how awful something is, I'm pretty sure it's shit.

Fucking bastards. Just like Hollywood, they don't know anything about the source material. Their handling of Batman was a cultural desecration. Kevin Conroy's (RIP) batman going back to the animated series. Just bastards.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Well my salary rate was up to 600 UDS/mo. So assume we are not talking about overpaid shit it's 300 * 12 * 6 * 600
12 960 000 USD. + 23-70 percent taxes and payments for building and electricity. (and some peanuts for Hardware)

Where the hell do you live? Are you a dirt farmer in Malawi or something or did you forget 1 or more digits in your gross salary?

You can't seriously do any financial analysis with that salary rate. You'd make multiple times more even working at Taco Bell in any first world nation.
He can't be in America, we don't write "USD" (or UDS) here :lol:

$600/mo is believeable though, and you can live on it in half of the country.

Edit: I'll do an estimate. 100 people at $100k/yr including overhead costs (mostly artists making under 50k) for 8 years. Round it up for good measure. That's $100 fucking million.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
Just found out about this game on Youtube. Don't know if anyone has mentioned this - but when all the Youtube comments seems to be united in their agreement of how awful something is, I'm pretty sure it's shit.

Fucking bastards. Just like Hollywood, they don't know anything about the source material. Their handling of Batman was a cultural desecration. Kevin Conroy's (RIP) batman going back to the animated series. Just bastards.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12892300/fullcredits/

Here are some of the writers. These are not actually satire accounts.

https://twitter.com/BagelofDeath
suOXPwgc_400x400.jpg

Writer, narrative designer, CEO @SweetBabyinc. She/Her.

https://twitter.com/madpierrot
pbs.twimg.com%2Fprofile_images%2F1183771403591413761%2F1bYDxmJZ_400x400.jpg

Wrestling, ttrpgs, esports, cats. Script Writer @RocksteadyGames Opinions are always my own. allie@madpierrot.design she/they.

https://twitter.com/gkr
pbs.twimg.com%2Fprofile_images%2F1591893805791412229%2FTfcGK5xf_400x400.jpg

Great Big Baby, @SweetBabyInc • ex-@splashdamage, @RocksteadyGames, @Bungie, etc. • Black Lives Matter • Trans rights are human rights • he/him

https://twitter.com/DiveAmyDive
Loud Whisperer • Dragon Fanatic • Writer and Narrative Designer @SweetBabyInc • Previously @RocksteadyGames • Partner to @d0m96 • She/Her

https://twitter.com/kyotocosmology
Expiring videogame writer. He/him

frajaq

Erudite
btw the "endgame" looks like... inspired by Diablo 3 (farming sets, finding out certain playstyles are outmatched), very good Rocksteady!

Lt9L0o5.png

Elttharion

Learned
Monolith is developing a Wonder woman game right? That will be another trashfire.

orcinator

Liturgist

Pronouns and Islamic Content
Every other game in the current gen is written by catladies, pronouns and miscellaneous faggots; amazing how fast the takeover happened.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Monolith is developing a Wonder woman game right? That will be another trashfire.
I hate all the outfits in superhero games and movies. As mostly an outsider, why is that when I open the DC and Marvel thread in Codex Public Library I see the newly drawn comic books with characters in body-conforming textile outfits, but whenever I look at any superhero game there's all this ugly plate armor, padding and other shit that takes away from the human form? Arkham series, Gotham Knights, presumably Wonder Woman, always, always the same.

orcinator

Liturgist
I hate all the outfits in superhero games and movies. As mostly an outsider, why is that when I open the DC and Marvel thread in Codex Public Library I see the newly drawn comic books with characters in body-conforming textile outfits, but whenever I look at any superhero game there's all this ugly plate armor, padding and other shit that takes away from the human form? Arkham series, Gotham Knights, presumably Wonder Woman, always, always the same.
Nobody cares about what's happening in the primary material for comic books, hence: tits.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Pronouns and Islamic Content
Every other game in the current gen is written by catladies, pronouns and miscellaneous faggots; amazing how fast the takeover happened.

It's interesting that lets say Marvel is over 80 years old (apparently founded in 1939) so for all that time the measurement of the writers has presumably been: are you a good or bad writer, and do you fundamentally understand the concept of hero and villian?. And if you're gonna mess with those concepts, are you a good enough writer to do it.

Now we seem to have a generation of film makers and writers who only understand the heroes and villians on a surface understanding of skin colour, gender, etc. So they're fundamentally unqualified to have anything to do with capes.

That just struck me as an interesting observation of the decline in western culture. I'm sure its been there in the past, but not to this degree.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Nobody wanted a Suicide Squad live service game, the people who bought the Arkham games wanted a Superman beat 'em up or maybe The Flash/Green Lantern. (the latter would probably work best for a vidya adaptation because of how Green Lantern's powers work - I know there were some shitty tie-in games for the movies but I never bothered with them)

They wasted a decade developing Suicide Flop and now the company is infested with wokies and will never make anything good ever again. It's sad.

Viata

Arcane
They wasted a decade developing Suicide Flop and now the company is infested with wokies and will never make anything good ever again. It's sad.
Which is good. Imagine if they were making the Superman/Flash/Green Lantern game while being infested with wokies? It's better for a game you never wanted to suck than a game that you wanted.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Which is good. Imagine if they were making the Superman/Flash/Green Lantern game while being infested with wokies? It's better for a game you never wanted to suck than a game that you wanted.
Of course, but they could have made it years ago immediately after (or instead of) Arkham Knight. Presumably the company was in better shape back then.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
And another thing, nobody gives a fuck about Wonder Woman either. The only reason she matters at all is for the sake of the Justice League not being a sausage fest.

sser

Arcane
Developer
And another thing, nobody gives a fuck about Wonder Woman either. The only reason she matters at all is for the sake of the Justice League not being a sausage fest.

Been watching some stuff on this game and I'm a bit shocked they positioned Wonder Woman as the narrative guide. Batman is the one the players actually know and have been playing as, so why would you A) Not make him the main narrative pull; and/or B) Not have him be the last bad guy? For example, in the series it's actually Batman himself that has all the plans and devices to 'kill' the Justice League. In the game, they just steal some of his plans and that's it. I would've instead made him a primary facet of defeating the Justice League, not only to keep him in the picture, but also to take some stress off of the suspension of disbelief when it comes to these goons killing any of these superheroes. Then, of course, at the end, you could have Batman be turned and knock him off, too. If anything, I'd have his ending be a sacrifice, like he gives himself up to Brainiac so as to reveal where he is or to get his defensive codes or whatever MacGuffin is needed to fulfill the title and of course push the squad itself into the end game.

KafkaBot

Scholar
Her creator was a bondage fetishist who mostly wanted her to serve as a piece of propaganda. Lots of heroes were actually conceived as mouthpieces, but I find it weird that she's the only well-known superhero who never really got past that initial characterization, despite the "valiant" attempts of some writers.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
My uneducated guess is that the premise alone is probably turning a lot of normal people away. Most people that are interested in the DC universe actually LIKE Batman or Superman.

You know what DC fans generally don't like? Doming any of its key heroes with a handgun. I love Batman and the Arkham games but, even before we knew how terrible the game itself was, I wouldn't have come within a mile of this game based on its premise alone.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I imagine that a part of what went into making the game was the expectation that the characters and the setting would have been established by the movies by now. But since Warner has failed at every attempt to make a good movie and even one compelling character, Rocksteady is left with a game full of characters no one knows about or even likes. As well as a live service model which has become a death sentence for games and developers. Not to mention the superhero genre having lived and died in the same amount of time it took to make the damn game.

Elttharion

Learned

Been watching some stuff on this game and I'm a bit shocked they positioned Wonder Woman as the narrative guide. Batman is the one the players actually know and have been playing as, so why would you A) Not make him the main narrative pull; and/or B) Not have him be the last bad guy? For example, in the series it's actually Batman himself that has all the plans and devices to 'kill' the Justice League. In the game, they just steal some of his plans and that's it. I would've instead made him a primary facet of defeating the Justice League, not only to keep him in the picture, but also to take some stress off of the suspension of disbelief when it comes to these goons killing any of these superheroes. Then, of course, at the end, you could have Batman be turned and knock him off, too. If anything, I'd have his ending be a sacrifice, like he gives himself up to Brainiac so as to reveal where he is or to get his defensive codes or whatever MacGuffin is needed to fulfill the title and of course push the squad itself into the end game.
C'mon its obvious why they chose WW. Her and Harley are the faces of the game. Batman is a rich white straight dude who beats the shit out of criminals and works alongside the police, there was zero chance they would keep him as the hero.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Designers of movies and games can afford to over design costumes. They only have to make an asset once. Sure, it takes longer, but once its done its done. Artists in comic books have to redraw whatever outfit they give a character, if they say, trace over 3d models, people will notice and complain. So that encourages simpler designs, which when done well, tend to stand out more.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I hate all the outfits in superhero games ... I see the newly drawn comic books with characters in body-conforming textile outfits, but whenever I look at any superhero game there's all this ugly plate armor, padding and other shit that takes away from the human form? Arkham series
I think the suits were pretty good in that series

I agree the Arkham Knight's main suit was the weakest, but fortunately the game have a shit-load of suit variants (up until the lastes movie even)

Personally my favourite suit was the Batman Beyond variant in AC (which they ruined it in AK) :

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom