Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League out now

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was hoping that they would severely change course when they declared the delay a year ago or whenever that was. It's nice that they apparently abandoned the service model but I guess the gameplay is still rare moments of interesting story padded out with 60 hours of shooting zombies.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I don't know if this is true or not, but the top review right now says there's some funny things going on with steam reviews:

1707069023037.png

There's no usual "review bomb" tag so I dunno.

Game is currently a very suspicious 85% positive.

Elttharion

Learned
I was hoping that they would severely change course when they declared the delay a year ago or whenever that was. It's nice that they apparently abandoned the service model but I guess the gameplay is still rare moments of interesting story padded out with 60 hours of shooting zombies.
I dont think they abandoned the service model at all. The game is online only, has several seasons planned, will have battle passes for every season, there is a cosmetic shop, etc.

Elttharion

Learned
I don't know if this is true or not, but the top review right now says there's some funny things going on with steam reviews:

View attachment 46303

Reviews for games activated with keys no longer count for the review score displayed on the steam store. Only scores from reviews that bought the game on Steam count. You can still write reviews when you activated a game with a key but your score (thumbs up/down) does not influence the score on the store page.
I am not sure if they count in the total ammount of reviews, also the steamdb app shows the total number considering key activations so its possible he is using the app and didnt notice it. I dont think the game had 7k reviews tho. The player peak was like 13k people.

Otoh even 2.2k reviews is a disproportionately high number of reviews for the small ammount of players this game has.

I believe the game was publicly delayed twice, it was originally supposed to release in 2022, and the first delay coincided with Sefton Hill's departure from the studio. I wouldn't be surprised if the working build under Hill was a drastically different game and development was essentially restarted after his departure aside from art assets.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The reviews are strange. The game is just about to fall out of the top ten having never reached number one. While being a co op game it has less overall players than the two single player JRPG's that are out selling it in Persona 3 and Granblue, yet is somehow has very positive review scores and none of the usual and expected review bombing going on. So either people are leaving reviews with 0.1 hours of gametime. Or the interest in the game is so low that people can't even be bothered with it.

But what I find funny is that even the DC name isn't enough to outsell Palworld even for a day. A game that had one tenth of the budget of SS and was made in one quarter of the time.

Elttharion

Learned
I cant get over how dumb the premise is. It would take the Flash less than 5 seconds to kill all the suicide squad.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well my salary rate was up to 600 UDS/mo. So assume we are not talking about overpaid shit it's 300 * 12 * 6 * 600
12 960 000 USD. + 23-70 percent taxes and payments for building and electricity. (and some peanuts for Hardware)

Where the hell do you live? Are you a dirt farmer in Malawi or something or did you forget 1 or more digits in your gross salary?

You can't seriously do any financial analysis with that salary rate. You'd make multiple times more even working at Taco Bell in any first world nation.

Caim

Arcane
I cant get over how dumb the premise is. It would take the Flash less than 5 seconds to kill all the suicide squad.
Welcome to the inherent issue with writing speedsters: if he can move at the speed of light, what's stopping him from punching every criminal in the city seventeen times in the dick faster than you can blink?

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
You can't seriously do any financial analysis with that salary rate. You'd make multiple times more even working at Taco Bell in any first world nation.

In his defense it's not like people going into AAA game dev nowadays are smart enough to know they could earn more money elsewhere, so the less than Taco Bell pay is not that unlikely :M

Plus they're mostly artists etc. not actual programmers, so just assuming minimum wage for 300 people might not be that inaccurate in the end :M

The Decline

Arcane
Welcome to the inherent issue with writing speeders: if he can move at the speed of light, what's stopping him from punching every criminal in the city seventeen times in the dick faster than you can blink?

IIRC, in Kingdom Come the Flash is literally doing this in the city he protects.

Elttharion

Learned
Welcome to the inherent issue with writing speeders: if he can move at the speed of light, what's stopping him from punching every criminal in the city seventeen times in the dick faster than you can blink?
At least if he is a good guy you can justify it with morals, that he doesnt kill or tries to avoid violence or things like that. But a brainwashed evil Flash would have no concerns in killing half of them, drinking a pina colada and then killing the rest.

std::namespace

shouldnt rocksteady be a trademarked mutant turtles animal? or does it all belong to the same kike nowadays?

kangaxx

Arbiter

View attachment 46303

I came on here to talk about this. Zero interest in the game... but I think it's a major problem for Steam if people lose faith in the reviews. I know they were never perfect, but at least you could use them as a barometer.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

View attachment 46303

I came on here to talk about this. Zero interest in the game... but I think it's a major problem for Steam if people lose faith in the reviews. I know they were never perfect, but at least you could use them as a barometer.

From my personal experience with Valve, I don't think they would let anybody, even a washed-up so-called AAA gamedev, manipulate reviews openly.

Somebody did some sleuthing on the waybackmachine and concluded that most likely the 7000 review figure didn't exist. Even including keyed copies like Elttharion said and other hidden reviews, it wouldn't have reached that number.

Regarding the suspiciously good review score, the answer is probably that people are avoiding the game like the plague (even mainstream journos have been shitting on it for months) and only super fans bought it.

The reviews will downtrend over time, just like with Starfield.

rumSaint

Literate
Most people know it's shit and won't buy it. The people, who bought it are probably interested in this slop, thus high review rating.
On steam it has 13k peak users so it's not too much. I call a flop.

scytheavatar

Scholar
The reviews are strange. The game is just about to fall out of the top ten having never reached number one. While being a co op game it has less overall players than the two single player JRPG's that are out selling it in Persona 3 and Granblue, yet is somehow has very positive review scores and none of the usual and expected review bombing going on. So either people are leaving reviews with 0.1 hours of gametime. Or the interest in the game is so low that people can't even be bothered with it.

But what I find funny is that even the DC name isn't enough to outsell Palworld even for a day. A game that had one tenth of the budget of SS and was made in one quarter of the time.
DC is a tainted brand and SS is like a tiny subsection of that brand. In an ideal world for Rocksteady the James Gunn movie would have been a big hit and set up their game, but we know that the movie bombed. Warner games probably could have sold more copies of the game had they just dropped the SS name and called it Kill the Justice League.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom