Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League out now

Caim

Arcane
"optimistic from those that have been working on it"

Sunk cost fallacy, or fearful for their jobs?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
+1 for: Gotham Knights is fucking terrible. I thought it might be fun as an open world arpg beat em up thing.

I guess it could be, if you haven't played a good game before and have no frame of reference.

:1.5/5: - at least it didn't start my computer on fire.

Suicide Squad must be sick! Probably because of the guns.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jesus Christ, just watched some of the February video. Even reading comments beforehand saying it looked like shit couldn't prepare me for seeing Harley Quinn swing through the city like Spider-Man.

How is this even possible? How can you make a Suicide Squad game where all characters are generic cartoony gunslingers instead of playing to their individual styles, and expect players to react positively? They've either accidentally hypnotized themselves with their own marketing, or they're stuck in a bad situation and doing their best with a game they know is shit.

I can understand if a cheap mobile game has gameplay that has nothing to do with the characters (think "Batman Golf" or whatever) but this is a AAA game set in the established Arkham universe whose strongest point was making you feel like Batman. ...Although considering that Arkham Knight heavily featured Batman engaging in fucking tank combat, this may be entirely a case of Rocksteady being incompetent.

Norfleet

(think "Batman Golf" or whatever)
But Batman is fundamentally hilarious. Just slapping Batman into something guarantees comedy. Just think of the most mundane activity you can think of. Then add Batman. Instant comedy.

latest

Modron

Arcane
Can't embed .webp images, my dude.
It's a jpg he just hasn't figured out you have to excise everything after the .jpg to embed properly. You can also totally embed .webp images just fine.
Acrobatic_shot.jpg

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Hope it bombs.
Should've made a Batman Beyond game instead.
Watched Batman Beyond as a kid and tapped out on the last about four episodes as an adult. That was about seven years ago. Average. Terry feels like an imposter as Batman. He gets his father's killer in the first two episodes and then just does it as a job. No crusade. Suit is too powerful, taking direct gunshots at least twice without hurting him (one from a high-powered rifle), turning him invisible, making him fly like a bird. Lame how a bunch of the villains were from his school. Bruce is a creep for having sexual relations with Gordon's daughter/his help for a time. Animation becomes poor in the later third of the series. Not enough likeable, memorable villains. Ink was cool. The Jokerz were a good idea. Falling to center of the Earth was hardcore, but I can't remember that character, what he was like aside from his power.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
just does it as a job. No crusade.
Not completely true
There are episodes (plus the movie) that make it clear Terry sees Batman as a path of redemption
So it's not an obsessive crusade of vengence like it was for Bruce, but it's also not "a job". It's more of a personal quest for Terry.

Suit is too powerful
It has to be
Unlike Bruce, most of Terry's villains have super-powers
Not to mention at that point in time, meta-humans are common place

Not enough likeable, memorable villains.
Have to disagre because most of Batman Beyond rogues are pretty much Spider-Man villains
You know, about the only other fictional character whose rogues gallery are on the same level of quality as Batman's
It could be argued as a lazy, but it works as there's enough changes distinguish them and suit Terry's story

Besides their take on Bane was very cool and appropriate for the setting
And Terry got Blight as an original nemesis which was awesome... for the 1 season he appeared in

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean, if that's the whole announcement, it doesn't necessarily mean they're not changing anything - they just say they want to deliver a better experience. All the cutscenes and filmmaking shit is already in place. 10 months is plenty of time to rebuild the gameplay to be actually good - IF that's what they want to do.

It’s truly amazing how badly they fucked things up. All this game had to be was essentially just a new Arkham game, but with four different playable character...one of which they already had playable in Arkham Knight. Deadshot could’ve basically just been Red Hood from Arkham Knight too. An Arkham game as a four player beat ‘em up, with King Shark as the big Haggar type character.

That’s all people wanted from this too. And they could’ve done that as some games as a service thing if games as a service was what they wanted to do, or had to do.

But instead of doing a sure fire hit that they probably could’ve turned around in just a couple years they spent like eight years to turn out this shit.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The threads on /v/ and /co/ for the last few days have been pretty funny

Supreme evil sociopath and egomanic Lex Luthor admiting someone is better and more inteligent than him and complaining about toxic masculinity said:
:lol:
Honestly I refuse to believe a man wrote this...

Deadshot essentially calling John Stewart an Uncle Tom said:
"One of the good ones" :lol: :lol:
Not even /pol/ shitposter would've come up with this one lmao
A reminder that this game still takes place in the Arkhamverse and Deadshot has been raceswapped

Also I've heard the Flash supposedly gets pissed on in his death scene...

This is pretty funny.

Man what a fall from grace, holy shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom