Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rome: Total War Remastered

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah but HDD space is a real issue if you wanna have more than just 5 games.
C'mon 1 TG HDDs are common. Only people who have one SSD for OS and games are kinda stressed.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
C'mon 1 TG HDDs are common. Only people who have one SSD for OS and games are kinda stressed.

I have my old HDD from 2005 with 250 gigs, it's mostly used for storing old files and backups of my work. It only has 13.5 GB free.
My system drive is a 500 GB drive, it has 20 GB free.
My third HDD has a terabyte of space. I used it extensively for torrenting for several years so it's pretty full, even though I offloaded many bigger folders onto my external HDD (that has 2 TB of space). Current free space on the 1 TB drive is 40 GB.
I bought an SSD in 2019, with 500 GB of space. It has 13 GB of free space left right now.

I just ordered a new 1TB SSD because my friends gifted me Conan Exiles so we can play it together, and that game requires 100 gigs of free space.
I wonder how long that TB will last me until it is full, too.

Melcar

Arcane
I have a 1TB SSD. Killing myself for not splurging on a 2TB one, but whatever. I have like 300GB free (or more like 200GB since I want to keep the last 100GB free) with 80% of that being from games. Games that I don't even play. I probably should clean up my game folder. All the installers and steam backups are on another 4TB spinner. But yeah, nearly all games now are like 80-100GB installs.

Shrimp

Arbiter
BTW
Anyone hear any news about any DRM other than Steamworks?
I don't think it's been mentioned at all. I haven't played any of the Warhammer Total Wars but I remember reading that Denuvo had been removed from them at some point, but Total War 3 Kingdoms still has it. I'm not exactly sure if we should expect something else, but so far the Steam page doesn't mention anything.

Vatnik Wumao
WH TW still has Denuvo, they will not kill their cash cow.

Kill?

How does removing Denuvo kill a game?

It only improves the experience for legitimate customers.

DRM is always a bad thing and NEVER works. No DRM is a selling point.

It stops day one piracy. Day one piracy causes the bulk of the financial damage to the publisher.

downwardspiral

Learned
Just notice this happen. The last playable total war in terms of game mechanics. have Watched some youtube video shilling the game.
Many of them were like newer total wars are better game everytime someone mention old TW are better, but then they all suddenly shilling for this old piece of shit.

downwardspiral

Learned
Xamenos the most popular games in China are Genshin Impact (coomer game), Conqueror's Blade (coomer game with swords) and Girls' Frontline (coomer game with guns).
I'm not denying big tits sell better in China (as they do pretty much everywhere). I'm just skeptical that CA is business-savvy enough to pander to this market in this way. Hell, they censored and banned 3K tit mods, and that was a game created from scratch for China.
If I recall correctly, ALL versions of 3Kangzdoms (not just the Chinese version) are censored to prevent players renaming cities and characters to specific titles that would offend the CCP. So there's always hope CA will become slaves of the chad chinese coomer mobile gamer.

About that, usually zoomer Chinese who prefer total war are people who hate anime big tittdie.
And usually some sorta of western game lover and think anglo depiction on Chinese slant eye woman is a more realistic depiction of real china than KOEI's anime tiddie 3K games.
Sometimes I go to Chinese zoomer TW forum to see what are they doing, there will always be some guys asking "why is every woman so ugly in this game"
And you will have CA simp who say "this is realistic depiction not koei anime tiddie coomer game
If you want to cum go to play your mobile koei tiddie game, total war is for real man real war" .
Essentially, there is some kind of elitism on newer total war game in Chinese zoomer forum.
So I won't have high hope on CA bending for the Chineses coomer chad. Because TW Chinese zoomer audience is very westernized(and not the type of western game your avg old grump codexer like but the declined western games).
Chinese total war audience can't really represent Chinese majority market, they are basically the edgy rebel in China.

Last edited:

A horse of course

Xamenos the most popular games in China are Genshin Impact (coomer game), Conqueror's Blade (coomer game with swords) and Girls' Frontline (coomer game with guns).
I'm not denying big tits sell better in China (as they do pretty much everywhere). I'm just skeptical that CA is business-savvy enough to pander to this market in this way. Hell, they censored and banned 3K tit mods, and that was a game created from scratch for China.
If I recall correctly, ALL versions of 3Kangzdoms (not just the Chinese version) are censored to prevent players renaming cities and characters to specific titles that would offend the CCP. So there's always hope CA will become slaves of the chad chinese coomer mobile gamer.

About that, usually zoomer Chinese who prefer total war are people who hate anime big tittdie.
And usually some sorta of western game lover and think anglo depiction on Chinese slant eye woman is a more realistic depiction of real china than KOEI's anime tiddie 3K games.
Sometimes I go to Chinese zoomer TW forum to see what are they doing, there will always be some guys asking "why is every woman so ugly in this game"
And you will have CA simp who say "this is realistic depiction not koei anime tiddie coomer game
If you want to cum go to play your mobile koei tiddie game, total war is for real man real war" .
Essentially, there is some kind of elitism on newer total war game in Chinese zoomer forum.
So I won't have high hope on CA bending for the Chineses coomer chad. Because TW Chinese zoomer audience is very westernized(and not the type of western game your avg old grump codexer like but the declined western games).
Chinese total war audience can't really represent Chinese majority market, they are basically the edgy rebel in China.

It's the same in other countries: there are westaboos in Japan, for example, who think westoid games are mature and gritty, not like dumb ANIMAY shit for kids.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
WH TW still has Denuvo, they will not kill their cash cow.

Kill?

How does removing Denuvo kill a game?

It only improves the experience for legitimate customers.

DRM is always a bad thing and NEVER works. No DRM is a selling point.
Not game, cash cow. New version appearing regularly instead of sometimes, would drop number of people who pays significantly. They still remember the period before Steampunks where they could do whatever they wanted, and users paid. WH I was better designed game than WH II, so yea they got a lot of money, and for them importantly MUCH more than without Denuvo. Denuvo also allows them to lock assets and allows them to control moders to prevent them to rip units from DLCs make mod with all units WH II total conversion, and replace all CA DLCs with one mod.

It can be compared to slavery in ancient ages, if you talked to slavers they should get rid of slaves they would look at you as insane, slaves were theirs cash cow, they didn't care about if it's bad.

Norfleet

It's the same in other countries: there are westaboos in Japan, for example, who think westoid games are mature and gritty, not like dumb ANIMAY shit for kids.
Are they wrong? Although I would hesitate to call "girl meets squid, squid rapes girl" as a thing "for kids".

downwardspiral

Learned
Are they wrong? Although I would hesitate to call "girl meets squid, squid rapes girl" as a thing "for kids".

The grey part is usually you have that kinda of westaboo saying fallout 4, bioware interactive movie, hearts of iron 4 and total war warhammer, XCOM(Firaxis) and maybe sometimes even UBI open world games are the best representation of mature western games.
They will tell the other Asian how their moemoemoe sow games are shit because it lacks the elements from those above games.

In the very worse case, it is how they might prefer a more ugly women design just for the sake of "it is more realistic and mature to have ugly women"
And generally speaking they lack the willingness to criticize western games. It is a good game ,as long as it got a good localization

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

I have my old HDD from 2005 with 250 gigs, it's mostly used for storing old files and backups of my work. It only has 13.5 GB free.
My system drive is a 500 GB drive, it has 20 GB free.
My third HDD has a terabyte of space. I used it extensively for torrenting for several years so it's pretty full, even though I offloaded many bigger folders onto my external HDD (that has 2 TB of space). Current free space on the 1 TB drive is 40 GB.
I bought an SSD in 2019, with 500 GB of space. It has 13 GB of free space left right now.

I just ordered a new 1TB SSD because my friends gifted me Conan Exiles so we can play it together, and that game requires 100 gigs of free space.
I wonder how long that TB will last me until it is full, too.

I know that feel.
I made the mistake thinking that a 500gb SSD was sufficient, only to discover that no one fucking knows what compression and space optimization is.
I suspect consoles are to blame.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

The grey part is usually you have that kinda of westaboo saying fallout 4, bioware interactive movie, XCOM(Firaxis) and maybe sometimes even UBI open world games are the best representation of mature western games.
They will tell the other Asian how their moemoemoe sow games are shit because it lacks the elements from those above games.

Lol really? All of those games are cartoony as fuck, and XCOM 2 even turns into DBZ near the end.

I find it amusing that they shit on Japanese games when from a technical standpoint Japanese games are better designed.
Resident Evil 2 Remake looks really damn good, and its only 25gb. Most western games that look that good are something like 40+ gb, and that's if you're lucky. Its pretty silly.

Last edited:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Surprising to know they are not selling the originally unavailable factions as separate DLCs, those system requirements though...

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Wait what, do the expansions come within the 70 GBs, or is that uber-bloated wasted space only for the base game?

Shrimp

Arbiter
Wait what, do the expansions come within the 70 GBs, or is that uber-bloated wasted space only for the base game?
I'm assuming it covers the base game and the two expansions. The Steam version of Medieval 2 contains its expansions as well and their requirements aren't listed separately either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom