Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2017: Results & Cool Graphs

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Last edited:

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Only Watchers (with at least 10 postings) were allowed to vote:

Divinity: Original Sin II 38,1%
ELEX 19,2%
Torment: Tides of Numenera 7,4%
Battle Brothers 6,2%
Prey 4,9%
Mass Effect: Andromeda 4,8%
Expeditions: Viking 3,5%
Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition 2,6%
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar 2,1%
West of Loathing 1,4%

(1st place gets 4 points, second place gets 2 points and 3rd place gets 1 point. Or in other words there is a factor of 2 difference between the rankings. The percentage is based on points, not votes.)

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
A perfect analogy for this would be like you dressing up as a My Little Pony and making fun of people who enjoy reading Dostoyevsky and Asimov.
This is a stupid analogy.

And I'm sure your super smart mind won't allow you to articulate why for some reason, right? And its a great analogy. The content is stupid, but that is due to the codex leadership, like the poll creator, preferring child console games over rpgs. The analogy surely isn't stupid, but your mother is. She is so stupid she sits on the TV and watches the couch. Ewwww, burn!!! Zing! I'll be here all week.

Mustawd

No the analogy is stupid.

You're comparing someone who is dressed silly making fun of people reading two specific authors (which I assume you pulled out of your ass). The two have nothing to do with each other. It's a retard's idea of a good analogy.

A better one would be a Brony making fun of someone dressed like a Pokemon. They're both dressed stupid, but the Brony is too stupid to notice.

Again, your original analogy is stupid.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
If this community was of normal intelligence I wouldn't have to explain further after whatever bleatings your retarded brain caused you to type. If this community weren't so retarded I could rest my case. But since you and they are I will have to explain more.

My analogy was aimed at the poll creator, who put himself on record by admitting pokeman was the greatest rpgs ever made in his retarded child world of stupidity and kid game console love, was attempting to make fun of people that actually like rpgs, and more specifically TToN and Grimoire. In my analogy, these two authors I pulled out of my ass that no one has ever heard of so must have never written any literature of any note are actually well known and loved authors hated the world over by kids and adults so childish they dress up like bronies and play pokeman. I am not the biggest fan of either, but greatly enjoy Asimov and he has invented more sci-fi concepts that are still being used today than probably any other author (i.e. - the singularity being when AI takes over the whole show). Dostoyevsky being one of the most respected authors of all time. Period. I general enjoy him but Brothers Karamazov is, in my opinion, as slow as Thoreau's Walden Pond. Both have beautiful writing and are chock full'o gems and wisdom, but are written in such a way that my mind just forgets to pay attention. Very smart kids could enjoy Asimov, but in general his works are too complex and the themes too adult for kids to enjoy or comprehend.

There is no dispute over the fact pokeman is made for kids. Kids of any intellect.

I made the connection between his preferred rpg (explicitly and purposefully made for children) and his audacity for making fun of adults for liking adult things, like real rpgs. It is like an adult liking to engage in something that is 100% made for kids - like dressing up as a my little pony, and then having the audacity to make fun of adults doing adult things, like reading the two authors who no one knows and I just happened to pull out of my ass.

You filthy, stupid, fucking piece of shit child. How are you able to log in and make posts being as fucking retarded as you are? The real Mustwad may have shitty taste in games but you portraying him as a thick-headed, completely devoid of any intelligence nincompoop should be a banable offense.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
We need more polls covering multiple years and restricted to actual Codexers. Last year's poll covering 2012 through 2016 was far more :obviously: monocled than the other polls.

Mustawd

You filthy, stupid, fucking piece of shit child. How are you able to log in and make posts being as fucking retarded as you are? The real Mustwad may have shitty taste in games but you portraying him as a thick-headed, completely devoid of any intelligence nincompoop should be a banable offense.

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

A. Why would anyone wanna imitate me? I'm literally the only good looking mexican in a Euro centric board for ironic nazi teenagers. And when I'm not dealing with brain dead retards who don't understand how analogies work, I have to deal with abusive PMs from the most perverted people on the internet. Right now I'm receiving daily PMs, sometimes hourly, from this user named Roqua. He keeps asking me personal questions like if I've ever done swinging, what I think of his wife, if I'd ever have a threesome with his wife and another man, if I like black guys, if I ever had sex with a black guy who had an std and if not am I cool with that. Ridiculous. I don't have time for this. Why would someone wanna fake being me? It's dumb.

B. Since you're so retarded you can't understand how analogies work, let me explain. An analogy is a literary technique that us meant to present similarities between one situation and another. Many times it's done to make the conpared situation more relatable or for comedic effect. So ideally, the comparison would be as similar as possible in structure. Your analogy is stupid because it makes no sense. Your are saying one person is being hypocrtical because they like one bad game but criticize another equally bad game. A good analogy would be to make sure the objects in the analogy are similar in some way. Bronies and literature are not. You're a fucking dumbass Roqua. Stop PMing me from your old account.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

A. Why would anyone wanna imitate me? I'm literally the only good looking mexican in a Euro centric board for ironic nazi teenagers. And when I'm not dealing with brain dead retards who don't understand how analogies work, I have to deal with abusive PMs from the most perverted people on the internet. Right now I'm receiving daily PMs, sometimes hourly, from this user named Roqua. He keeps asking me personal questions like if I've ever done swinging, what I think of his wife, if I'd ever have a threesome with his wife and another man, if I like black guys, if I ever had sex with a black guy who had an std and if not am I cool with that. Ridiculous. I don't have time for this. Why would someone wanna fake being me? It's dumb.

B. Since you're so retarded you can't understand how analogies work, let me explain. An analogy is a literary technique that us meant to present similarities between one situation and another. Many times it's done to make the conpared situation more relatable or for comedic effect. So ideally, the comparison would be as similar as possible in structure. Your analogy is stupid because it makes no sense. Your are saying one person is being hypocrtical because they like one bad game but criticize another equally bad game. A good analogy would be to make sure the objects in the analogy are similar in some way. Bronies and literature are not. You're a fucking dumbass Roqua. Stop PMing me from your old account.

Bronies to what kind of literature? You know what a simile is, right? Childish as a bronie. Childish as pokeman. Childish as console games specifically made for children. As boring to children as Dostoyevsky and Asimov. As adult as a work by Dostoyevsky and Asimov. Fake, blatant non-rpg like pokeman or my little pony. As boring to children as TToN and Grimoire. As adult as TToN and Grimoire. Real, actual rpgs like TToN and Grimoire.

If you think TToN and Grimoire are bad games, that is as valid as saying Dostoyevsky and Asimov are bad authors. Your horrible analogy and retarded attempt to explain my fantastic analogy, as well as your other spewings just show you should make Disney your homepage and probably hook up with Crispy and this poll's creator so you can all do kid shit and talk about how awesome fondling little children can be.

Also, I am having a hard time understanding why some dickhead would make a new account just like his old account. I can perfectly understand why someone would make a new account different than his old account. The only reason I can think of is due to little girl like sensitivity to hard-won manly titles. Say this isn't true, please.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Childish as a bronie. Childish as pokeman. Childish as console games specifically made for children. As boring to children as Dostoyevsky and Asimov. As adult as a work by Dostoyevsky and Asimov. Fake, blatant non-rpg like pokeman or my little pony. As boring to children as TToN and Grimoire. As adult as TToN and Grimoire.

As cuck as Roqua.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Mustawd

I can't get my old account back. Why would I make somethig wildly different?

Anyhow, I seriously don't see how Prey (based on what I've heard or seen) is an rpg, but I am surprised it was rated higher than ELEX.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I can't get my old account back. Why would I make somethig wildly different?

Anyhow, I seriously don't see how Prey (based on what I've heard or seen) is an rpg, but I am surprised it was rated higher than ELEX.

Why couldn't you get it back? Did they have scripts all over yours like they do my account? And you make something wildly different so no one knows who you are. Like with me. I'm extremely good at masking my true persona and no one even suspects this is an alt account. And if they do suspect I just point them to my signature and problem solved.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
melol.jpg

I have to upload to a separate site? How does this place accommodate attractive women?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
mustawd. should be restored to his mustawd account, both as a signal that the self-ejected always come crawling back to the Codex and so that he can't escape his proper and just imprisonment.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Any of you fuckers played bionic battle mutants? didnt see it on the list, but maybe im blind and retarded. Either way i wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

I thought it was okay for what it was, but was missing important aspects I look for in rpgs. I think if it came out in a year that was less real rpg heavy it would have done better and caused more buzz. But not much more on this site since it wasn't a console game aimed at little children, which is now the standard on this site to be loved.

Lhynn

Arcane
Holy shit, the most autistic fucktard in the codex (not really, more like merely in cRPG) played a tactical rpg but the rest of the codex largely ignored my question like it didnt even belong in a thread about rpgs.

Like i dont want to encourage this asshole, but he is more monocled than half the monkeys posting here.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Holy shit, the most autistic fucktard in the codex (not really, more like merely in cRPG) played a tactical rpg but the rest of the codex largely ignored my question like it didnt even belong in a thread about rpgs.

Like i dont want to encourage this asshole, but he is more monocled than half the monkeys posting here.
I just checked its steam page and I don't see what is RPG in this game? What it seems to be is some Fallout Tactics like game with 21 missions to do. Probably has no strategy part like Xcom and similar games.

Mustawd

I just checked its steam page and I don't see what is RPG in this game? What it seems to be is some Fallout Tactics like game with 21 missions to do. Probably has no strategy part like Xcom and similar games.

Choose from a plentora of fighters and improve them with self-crafted weapons and armors, bionic limbs or performance-enhancing drugs. With genetic mutations, you can enhance your fighters even further to be feared close combat grappler, snipers or allrounders to die in the post-apocalyptical prison of the Intergalactic Cable Network!

The intro music to that Steam video is also p. fucking sweet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/625820/Bionic_Battle_Mutants/

Thanks Lhynn, Roqua. Wishlisted. I just hope it's not just a MP type game.

EDIT: According to the devs the SP is p. fleshed out. Also, looks like they're using Fallout as some of the art inspiration. It's not exactly aping it, but i can see the inspiration behind it:

ss_3f4399276ee7c1b63a1a54570f6afb0b232e2c75.1920x1080.jpg

ss_1d2e48cfa78e95b493aa8b283a56dd96b91dfb2e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_3955872712bf32bdb1df5092207bcf123b2f2228.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom