Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: The Technomancer

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
KURWA!!!

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You are missing the point entirely. I don't care if Fallout 4 was fun or if a reviewer thought it was fun. In fact, I'd say FO4 looks like a pretty decent FPS and it has some depth to it that would make it fun.

IT IS NOT AN RPG

The last time I checked there was no consensus about the nature of cRPGs. What happened? You just discovered what a real cRPG is without informing anyone? You are just butthurt that a mainstream game is not being bashed on the news page. Instead of crying like a manchild, you should just roll up your sleeves and write your own review of what you deem as a real cRPG. That way we could at least test aweigh's conspiracy theory.

Mustawd

You are just butthurt that a mainstream game is not being bashed on the news page.

I am butthurt that a non rpg is being reviewed and posted on the front page at all. I don't care if it is positive. Submit a FO3 positive review for all I care. At least that was an RPG. Technomancer was just the last straw for me. FO4 is also not an RPG, but I can understand the reason for reviewing it.

The last time I checked there was no consensus about the nature of cRPGs.

This is true. We need to make a "what is an rpg game?" thread, as I don't think it's ever been done before.

What happened? You just discovered what a real cRPG is without informing anyone?

I was born with innate knowledge of what an RPG is. That's what happened. Sorry for not informing you earlier.

nstead of crying like a manchild, you should just roll up your sleeves and write your own review of what is a real cRPG in your opinion. That way we could at least test aweigh's conspiracy theory.

All I play are games that are at least 3+ years old. Some of them are random indie shovelware. Do you really think the administration is going to let me submit a review about the Avernum 1 remake? Heroes of a Broken Land? Halfway? Might and Magic 1? At best it would be a waste of my time. They'd just say, "Lol, reviews should be timely Mustawd!!, lolz" At worst, I'll get assassinated.

Anyway, I'm done bringing attention to this issue. Sorry for the derail everyone, but this shit got me pissed off. Sorry Bubbles for derailing your review. i always enjoy reading them. However, I'm also sorry rpgcodex is now posting action game reviews on its front page. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
All I play are games that are at least 3+ years old. Some of them are random indie shovelware. Do you really think the administration is going to let me submit a review about the Avernum 1 remake? Heroes of a Broken Land? Halfway? Might and Magic 1? At best it would be a waste of my time. They'd just say, "Lol, reviews should be timely Mustawd!!, lolz".

How many Roxor’s reviews got published? How many of them are about popamole shit? Do you think Roxor is receiving Doritos from publishers? Please, grow up. If you are insecure about which game you should review, just make a list of games you have an interest on reviewing and ask members of staff which game has a fighting chance. Then you make your review and submit it.

Mustawd

RPG GAME

ROLE-PLAYING GAME GAME

This was obviously said ironically.

itt mustawd has a breakdown and goes full retard

You know what...you might have a point. After 3+ years of lurking and 1.5 years of posting, I think I'm slowly losing it and might need to go away forevah for a month or two. Christ, this place slowly drives you crazy.

Bye codex. See you in a month tomorrow.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Christ, this place slowly drives you crazy.

rpgcodex.png

Neanderthal

Arcane
You know what...you might have a point. After 3+ years of lurking and 1.5 years of posting, I think I'm slowly losing it and might need to go away forevah for a month or two. Christ, this place slowly drives you crazy.

Nobody likes a quitter man, put your pants on your head, smear yoursen in your own shit an commit to brain cancer.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

I will email your boss. Instead of doing the financial accounting you are being paid to do, you are just shitposting on the Codex. You are going to be fired, my friend.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
That's why it's best to write the entire review within one or two days. Less chance of getting sidetracked.

Zeriel

Arcane
However, I'm also sorry rpgcodex is now posting action game reviews on its front page. Sorry.

The bolded bit suggests you still don't understand what everyone is saying. This ship sailed long, long ago. Also, here is your friendly reminder: there were people here in 2002 who didn't consider Baldur's Gate an RPG. Putting in a defacto veto against any reviews that an individual on the Codex doesn't consider an RPG would end up with almost no games being reviewed. I am not saying your hate is unwarranted, or that your opinion is even wrong. It's just incredibly impractical.

Also, while we're clearing up untruths, Roguey famously penned a review of Icewind Dale decades after it came out. I am fairly certain that if I wrote a good review of fucking Exile: Escape from the Pit (1995), Infinitron would post it. "Staff won't publish" is a hilariously wrong assumption in almost all cases. If there is a problem with Staff, it is that they will publish almost anything, not the reverse.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It sounds like a rough gem for people interested in the genre. To me, those are often the most interesting. Gothic 1/2, Arcanum, Silent Storm, etc. The character of the game, as Bubbles put it.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm not into action RPGs as much as I enjoy the turn-based ones, so I doubt I'll play this, but at least they designed an RPG outside the generic fantasy genre. I'll give them points for that at least. Other than that, I think Bubbles tried to have a positive tone on the review, but it still seems underwhelming. And I still have a backlog of good RPGs that came out in the last couple years that I'd rather play (Wasteland 2, Underrail, Age of Decadence, and Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition).

Black

Arcane
What the fuck is happening!?

The game is shit. Not even worth of codex's attention (as you can simply deduce from the low number of participants in the game's thread). And from what I see Bubbles is the only one praising this piece of shit.

Then you link the ign review which is more accurate than yours!? Bubbles you fucking retard, the joke is not on ign, the joke is on you. Even those idiots were able to spot correctly that this game as shit while you are praising it because of free game !?

Congratulations for wasting your time and everyone's else.
You can't be mad at Bubbles, experiencing fallout 4... changed her.

duanth123

Arcane
If there is a problem with Staff, it is that they will publish almost anything, not the reverse.

And yet there is a total dearth of reviews on the whole, notwithstanding RPG subtype.

Admins should seriously consider redirecting some of the monies they collect for server costs to a commission system for reviews. Extra doritos if it manages to be half clever.

Zeriel

Arcane
The Technomancer is currently being sold for 44,99€ on the Steam store

We didn't get a review key for SitS.
NPlOl5b.gif

Reason for a review: free key.

Having to buy the game does seem a rather curious obstacle insofar as piracy is a thing. It's not like we have any self-respect here. I suppose it would be a concern for Denuvo titles, but no Denuvo titles come to mind that we would actually want to review.

If there is a problem with Staff, it is that they will publish almost anything, not the reverse.

And yet there is a total dearth of reviews on the whole, notwithstanding RPG subtype.

Admins should seriously consider redirecting some of the monies they collect for server costs to a commission system for reviews. Extra doritos if it manages to be half clever.

As you suggest, doing it for free means not everything gets reviewed. People have to care about the game--either because it's so godawful they're enraged, or because it caught their interest in some regard. Probably doesn't help that every review is torn apart. I mean, that's just the Codex way, but it is hard to work up the motivation to write when you know what the response will be.

For most people, posting some screed on the forums scratches the "here's what I thought" itch. Writing a formal review is a step above that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom