Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex's Best cRPGs - DISCUSS THREAD / NOW ACCEPTING REVIEWS

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I was equally butthurt about Dark Souls last year, but my prayers have been answered! Maybe on the next list we will all vote on Dragon's Dogma. :)

It only depends on CAPCOM not being complete retards, so I'm sure it will happen...

Should we list things without abbreviations so you can copy past it into a fancy excel function felipepepe ?
Nah, mah glorious spreadsheet can take it. Posting it in alphabetical order would be more useful.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I was equally butthurt about Dark Souls last year, but my prayers have been answered!

Not really. I think I'd quite enjoy Dark Souls, but there's no way I'm playing it on PC. Even with DS-fix and my PS3 controller, I have issues.

Maybe when my room mate gets that PS4. But that port was some shoddy fucking work.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Should have developed a web app where logged in users could distribute points among a gigantic pre-defined list based on all games of the previous vote.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So which game is in first? Fallout 1 or PS:T?
Currently, PS:T, by ONE point.

If you've played them all, there is no point.

If you've played 9 or less of them, the list is a godsend.
People focus on the Top 5 or Top 10, but I plan to release up to Top 50, or even more, if is interesting. So is always something helpful.

Oh and Deus Ex is probably my favorite game evar, but I don't consider it to be a cRPG. Same thing for SS2 no matter how awesome it is. Same thing for Dark souls, even if I cum buckets playing it.
Then you are silly. :obviously:

SausageInYourFace

Codexian Sausage
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Some people pointed out that series like M&M or the GoldBox Games never make it high in those lists because votes get split up between so many different games. I am not suggesting we should count some of them like M&M6/7/8 as one game due to similar gameplay (even though much could be said in favor of that), but has anyone ever gone through the old votes and did that? Just for fun? Just to see how they would end up? I would really be interested.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I'm going to summarize the results.

1st place: Fallout 1 / Planescape: Torment
2nd place: Planescape: Torment / Fallout 1
3rd place: Fallout 2
4th place: Arcanum
5th place: BG2

LivingOne

Savant
I was equally butthurt about Dark Souls last year, but my prayers have been answered! Maybe on the next list we will all vote on Dragon's Dogma. :)

It only depends on CAPCOM not being complete retards, so I'm sure it will happen...

Don't worry bros I'm sure they'll port the sequel at least.

Too bad we won't want to play it for all the horrible things Capcom will inevitably do to it:negative:
ghostdog said:
Oh and Deus Ex is probably my favorite game evar, but I don't consider it to be a cRPG. Same thing for SS2 no matter how awesome it is. Same thing for Dark souls, even if I cum buckets playing it.

But think about horrible things like Dragon Age or Twitcher surpassing them if you don't vote them...

Come to think of it that might be a fun thing to complain about once we can't complain about BG1/IWD being in the top ten anymore:troll:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Some people pointed out that series like M&M or the GoldBox Games never make it high in those lists because votes get split up between so many different games. I am not suggesting we should count some of them like M&M6/7/8 as one game due to similar gameplay (even though much could be said in favor of that), but has anyone ever gone through the old votes and did that? Just for fun? Just to see how they would end up? I would really be interested.
Woldun't change that much... most people already either vote for M&M VII or for World of Xeen. Counting M&M 6/7/8 as one only raises it 4 positions atm. Is not like it's in the limbo.

Joining Ultima 7 The Black Gate + Serpent Isle votes would make more of a difference.

Replaced my Fallout vote with New Vegas for great justice.
Broseph
Filthy Degenerate

Declinator

Arbiter
Seriously, what's with the sudden influx of utter dumbfucks??
On the subject, Zboj Lamignat and Declinator , your votes don't add to 25... :M

- You can spend less than 25 points, if you can't think of 5 cRPGs you like.

Though you said "if you can't think of 5 cRPGs you like," I assumed that it would be possible to use less than 25 even if you had more than 5 games. Should I change it then?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
felipepepe
So how many points does BL2 have now?
10, only yours and poocolator's. 5.
And that still don't place it even in the Top 75...+M

Though you said "if you can't think of 5 cRPGs you like," I assumed that it would be possible to use less than 25 even if you had more than 5 games. Should I change it then?
Okay, no problem. You were the only one to not use all 25 points, so I thought it was a mistake, my bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom