Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Caeruleus

Educated
Is it normal if I shit some bricks after seeing those FRIGGIN' AWESOME BUILDS???
Goddamit, that type of things depresses me, cuz' I never get to make anything as amazing.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Man, they nerfed the advanced machines and disabled the redstone current idling (still eats full amount of EU's when you apply the current, as if they were working)? Dis sum fucked up booollshit.

And how come you can't jump anymore while running with the quantum leggings? Fucking modders.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Man, they nerfed the advanced machines and disabled the redstone current idling (still eats full amount of EU's when you apply the current, as if they were working)? Dis sum fucked up booollshit.

And how come you can't jump anymore while running with the quantum leggings? Fucking modders.

Screw the advanced shit just build loads of upgrades

deus101

make a system that feeds the machines and removes the products then.

Christ...do i have to think out everything for you?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah you could do that... Or the advanced machines could work like the induction furnace and be worth a damn. They worked fine before, trying to force the upgrade system on them just doesn't work.

Creepers have struck again; we've lost all communications with the server.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
There's some bad block lag on the server. It's of the "I just mined out these 5 blocks and 3 of them just popped back into place while the other two dropped" variety. Happening more often now, and getting worse. Not sure if someone's machine has overloaded somewhere...

I'd go so far as to say it's making mining untenable. And playing mighty difficult.

deus101

Inz...wtf man...why do you use two kind of chunkloaders on top of eachother

6 World anchor and 6 teleport tethers....also...I belive the lag comes from the puddle of water which grew and grew, when you removed the ground under it, now its 6 chunks of freefalling water which does not know where it shall go.

deus101

Also, unless they guy behind IC2 optimized the shit out of his mod, im pretty sure crisscrossing cables eats up ticks.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
There's some bad block lag on the server. It's of the "I just mined out these 5 blocks and 3 of them just popped back into place while the other two dropped" variety. Happening more often now, and getting worse. Not sure if someone's machine has overloaded somewhere...

I'd go so far as to say it's making mining untenable. And playing mighty difficult.

Checking.

deus101

Well, now its down...or maybe Muty finally rebooted it.

edit: yep...Muty finally found a paperclip.

deus101

god damnit....Muty...if you find what is at fault atleast let us try to remove it before you go about removing content.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
god damnit....Muty...if you find what is at fault atleast let us try to remove it before you go about removing content.

Don't worry dude, I'm not going to remove any content.

The problem was not in the mods. The lag was caused by dynmap. It was raping the CPU badly for unknown reasons. I removed it until I can find whats wrong.

The server should be OK now.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Anybody else getting frequent "could not connect to minecraft.net" errors in the technic launcher, even when the vanilla minecraft client has no problems connecting?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah not working either, happened once before and I just brute-forced it but now even the launcher updater stops working (must be something crapped out on Technic's end). Not sure if you can circumvent the launcher and start Tekkit directly.

Edit: Works now right after I typed this, typical. :lol:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Bah, can we up the amount of light torches give off? Or mess with the monster settings to change how much dark area they need to spawn in?

I'm getting really sick of Creepers spawning in a fully lit room, RIGHT BEHIND ME, and subsequently blowing all my expensive shit up. Do I literally have to put torches every 3 fucking tiles or something?

Also, fall damage from Jetpack sucks. I'm now down to 28 Mining Skill because I landed... while hovering. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom