Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Hostile mobs can't spawn within 24 blocks from players, so they're probably spawning in some shadowy corner then come to hug you from there (the pathing behavior was changed in the recent patches, they're smarter about it now and I think they can sense you through walls as well). I don't think you even could change the torches without revamping the whole lighting system because of the way it works.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hmm.... I have been finding them in the center of my lit room but I found I did have a dark hole in the top corner where a Zombie spawned and dropped down. Wonder if they've been coming from there...

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Ok boys and girls...

This is a program someone posted on computercraft forums...its far from perfect but until muty enables http for computercraft it will have todo...

I had to recompile it because it didnt work with Tekkit...it should now.

Basically...you have to run it in administrator mode, so yeah..download this obscure EXE...TRUST ME! :troll:

That is...you must enable it in properties.

Then you go in CMD just start cc-type and the file you want to upload....keep in mind you need to be in a computercraft terminal with the directory of your choice.

You can enter several files at once, but you need to run it in the same folder where said files are.

cc-typer.exe file2 file3 file1

There is an issue...when it tries to add ~= it will forgo of = so its just ~
To fix this you can just edit it to add an extra char after ~ so "~==" or "~ ="

"^" AND "" also have some issues.

so either add some space in between. or add an extra char
like "" becomes """" and "^" becomes "^ "

add an extra space or line at the end of each file. The last Char thats being entered gets reproduced.

So yeah an search/replace function might save you some time.

Attachments

• cc.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 149

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Muty - That lag seems to be back. Although this time, I can dig a bunch of blocks and it takes about 3 -8 seconds for them all to pop. So you'll dig a row of dirt, get nothing, and then BAM all at once. Sometimes I get taken back to the start and the blocks I just dug re-appear though. Not as bad as before but annoying.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Hah, let's all laugh at australian crappy inte-- hey, it's happening on my superior nordic fibre connection as well!

Deus: You got any infernal bricks / blaze powder to gift to me in good will (or be a thrifty jew and trade for them)? I got to make a blast furnace and some dickbutt had destroyed the only blaze spawner I could find in the closest nether city (never EVER destroy a spawner). And lemme know if you need creosote oil, I'll just dump it otherwise.

deus101

Bah, shit is down! Why is it acting up when i can procrastinate legitimately!

Hah, let's all laugh at australian crappy inte-- hey, it's happening on my superior nordic fibre connection as well!

Deus: You got any infernal bricks / blaze powder to gift to me in good will (or be a thrifty jew and trade for them)? I got to make a blast furnace and some dickbutt had destroyed the only blaze spawner I could find in the closest nether city (never EVER destroy a spawner). And lemme know if you need creosote oil, I'll just dump it otherwise.

I actually found another nether fortress spawned into the rock with several blaze spawners. I can guide you to it.

But yeah, sure I got some to spare.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Muty, server is down. I repeat, server is down!
I wonder if the crash is caused by the same issue that made it lag earlier?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
And.. it is laggy again. There could be a memory leak in one of these mods. Probably in whatever mod deus relies on the most.
:troll:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I at least can't connect at all now - server looks to be up but the connection times out. Yeah kill all the mods deus is using.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The fucking technic launcher has decided to go full retard on me, and will no longer connect to minecraft.net.

deus101

Update to the newest Java 7.
edit:
Motherfucker! I got the launcher under control but I still get an internal connection error and times out!

Hmm this time the authentication server really is down.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Maybe the server needs to be updated too?

This tekkit stuff seemed so stable when we first started to play with it, why is it glitching on us now :(

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Ah, fucking Notch. You'd think he could spend some of those $80 million he has lying around on proper hosting.
:keepmyjewgold:

Edit: I can still connect to vanilla minecraft servers, so there's something else going on.

deus101

deus101

So who is on the server!

I manage to launch tekkit again, but i still got a connection error when tried to login to our server!

MOTHER FUCKER!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
:smug:

Still need the quarry, deus? Almost finished with the current dig and I already have more mats than I know what to do with.

deus101

Motherfucker...reinstalling the whole shit now.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Maybe you should uninstall that popamole wlan for starters. :lol:

deus101

wait...we aren't using 3.0.3 are we?

Luzur

Good Sir
No not Mutys server, minecraft's account server.

http://twitter.com/notch/status/219880776983003136

yep...fucking....Swedes...

Luzur ! GET ON MINECRAFT SO I CAN WAIL ON YA!

dunno, i am in kind of a low point with Minecraft atm.

but Notch is rumored to visit free servers as either Notch or MPMan (not sure about this one, just a rumor ive heard.) so if you are lucky you can wail at the man himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom