Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It was down earlier but up just now, logged in and was disconnected because of a socket error. Tried again and after waiting a while to load, found myself falling. Panicked and logged out.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
And it's still up, but lagging like a champ.

EDIT: And now it's crashed.

Muty, still no idea what's causing these issues? The server was running so nicely a week ago. :(

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Hmmmmmmmm....

The server should restart itself about right now. Maybe this is causing the lag?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Well if the server's restarted, it's killed itself again.

Gotta be something in one of the mods or some contraption someone's built surely?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
yeah, it looks like it didn't start at all after the restart. Working now. I'll remove the bukkit plugins later today and see it helps with the crashes.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Oh God it's up! Must get in precious minutes before next crash...

Seems like the lag is already starting though, with blocks taking a bit of time to appear after being places or knocked out (like, half a second). Also some weird flashing light in my MFSU area... Like daylight is trying to shine in but it can't. I walled up my grates that were letting water in but it's still there. Not sure what it is.

Also it would appear that I'm still readying my pickaxe / lowering my pickaxe.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Seems like the lag is already starting though, with blocks taking a bit of time to appear after being places or knocked out (like, half a second). Also some weird flashing light in my MFSU area... Like daylight is trying to shine in but it can't. I walled up my grates that were letting water in but it's still there. Not sure what it is.
I've seen similar light flashes on my workshop floor, by the MFSU.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Dunno if this has been posted.

0Kp0Qh.jpg

6EQ0Xh.jpg

w3cUCh.jpg

FX2tFh.jpg

XdqG6h.jpg

5ByZ2h.jpg

qrKglh.jpg

fmCIZh.jpg

Guybeh.jpg

Dvvmsh.jpg
IrpRKh.jpg

XDgEBh.jpg

JCiY2h.jpg

YSOQfh.jpg

yqxcMh.jpg

pNry4h.jpg

txDJIh.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
God-damned. Just... God-damned.

I've seen similar light flashes on my workshop floor, by the MFSU.
That might make sense. Mind you my MFSU is on the floor below where the lighting is... Although there is a hole, so I guess it's coming through that.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
K I'm taking the server down for a 30mins for maintenance. I'll see what I can do about this.

Luzur

Good Sir
XDgEBh.jpg

now that would be a nice starter spawn city for a server.

but is this really minecraft? doesnt give off the right feeling, more like it was done in some 3D block editor.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Ok, server is up. I think that I found the issue, but I'm not 100% sure. Also I installed a web interface from where the server can be restarted, so now du can also reboot the server it fucks up again.

I also changed the permission system... again. As you can guess I had to start from scratch with the permissions and things can be a bit fucked up until I iron it out, also there were a fuckton of people in it that I haven't even heard of so I'm going to add the regulars to it and start from there, bug me or du if you don't have access.

EDIT: Dynmap is in again, but the server may be a bit laggy until the new map is generated(next few hours).

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
EDIT: Dynmap is in again, but the server may be a bit laggy until the new map is generated(next few hours).

Is the version mismatch error due to the generation not being finished yet, or is it borked for reals?

Also, what kind of evil voodoo did you do with the redpower tubes; they aren't working with my reactor anymore. :(

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Hmm I don't think I changed anything regarding rp.

About dynmap, I have to reboot the server to apply the latest settings and I didn't want to do it while it was generating.

EDIT: dynmap is working. This time with markers and everything. I'm working on the permissions atm.

EDIT: Guys are you seriously complaining about lag with all those quarries? I say if you don't clean them all out by the end of the week I'll either disable the quarries or buildcraft altogether.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
EDIT: Guys are you seriously complaining about lag with all those quarries? I say if you don't clean them all out by the end of the week I'll either disable the quarries or buildcraft altogether.
What do you mean by "clean them out"? There are some frames left by quarries that have finished, but I don't see how they are causing lag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom