Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yes, I see these detectors are not going to do what I had hoped. Was kind of looking for a mob detector that had a radius, rather than having to put pressure plates everywhere.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I'll pay 5$ if you put deus in a bedrock cage and have a dispenser throw him zombie flesh at regular intervals so he won't starve to death.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Item teleport pipes... They crash my client whenever I try and open the GUI?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
SOlved the item teleport pipes - I think you need to have two placed (own two) before you can access the GUI without it shitting out on you.

Also, deus101 re: Machines disappearing. I lost a couple of tesla coils. No idea why. I also have some transformers feeding into my workshop which seem to just stop working. I have to knock em out and put them back down again before the EU will flow through them again. Not to mention filter machines getting clogged for strange reasons.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah the transformers like to stop working every now and then - no clue why, guess they just kinda suck. Don't need to remove them tho, just change the output orientation and then back again to get the flow going.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
@inz - we've updated the server. NO MORE JETPACK FALLING DEATH BUG.

Everyone must pick options -> Latest in tekit to login now though. 1.1.1 I think.

Edit: Who the fuck is inz on the Codex?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I just updated the server to Tekkit 3.1.1 switch the version to latest in the launcher options.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I think ComputerCraft is seriously fucked. http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/computercraft-is-bad-for-large-servers-very-bad.2039/

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/340-13-infinite-threads/ (Not sure if this has been fixed but if true, imagine the sort of shit floating around)

Just mucked around with a computer, trying a program that just printed on the screen. After 20 or so reboots, shit started getting really bad and I was crashing. Lag became intolerable.

This was my code:

Code:
local side = "back"
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1,1)
write("===========================\n")
write("Select Resource to Deliver:\n")
write("  1. Cobblestone\n")
write("  2. Stone\n")
write("  3. Sand\n")
write("  4. Sandstone\n")
write("  5. Glass\n")
write("  6. Scrap\n")
write("Selection: ")
local selection = read()
if selection == 1 then
 write("cobblestone")
elseif selection == 2 then
 write("stone")
else
 write("Invalid Selection.")
end
And all I was doing was selecting and typing "reboot".

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Hmm.. Whenever I use the teleport in my bedroom, I get disconnected for "Moving too quickly. Hacking?"

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Muty I am stuck in some weird bug, constantly falling in darkness and unable to move, taking damage every second (blocked by the quantum suit). Is there any way you can teleport me back to civilization?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Muty I am stuck in some weird bug, constantly falling in darkness and unable to move, taking damage every second (blocked by the quantum suit). Is there any way you can teleport me back to civilization?
I can delete your profile, but then you'll lose your inventory, or I can try to teleport you if can catch you online, but I'm not sure if it is going to work

Hmm.. Whenever I use the teleport in my bedroom, I get disconnected for "Moving too quickly. Hacking?"
Cheater!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Let's try for the teleportation. I'll get in touch using the dynmap chat sometime when I see you online.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Fuck. Yah I'll show up in an hour

Did I miss you, or haven't you been on yet?
Also, is the map chat disabled now?

EDIT: nevermind, I decided to try and use my jetpack to fly out, but it didn't work so well :D
How about removing the MCMMO death penalty? It might be an interesting feature if avoiding death was about skill, but with most deaths being caused by bugs, it's kinda pointless. Alternatively you could just remove the entire MCMMO.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
working on it.

EDIT: Server is up. It ran out of disk space again for some reason.... Anyway I had to revert to the backup from 3 hours ago since some the world got corrupted.

EDIT: I'm taking the server down again for a tekkit update.

EDIT: Done

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom