Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
EDIT: Guys are you seriously complaining about lag with all those quarries? I say if you don't clean them all out by the end of the week I'll either disable the quarries or buildcraft altogether.
What do you mean by "clean them out"? There are some frames left by quarries that have finished, but I don't see how they are causing lag.
I thought that those are working quarries... but I just noticed that they are frames.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
EDIT: Guys are you seriously complaining about lag with all those quarries? I say if you don't clean them all out by the end of the week I'll either disable the quarries or buildcraft altogether.
I did wonder whether somebody's quarries were overloading towards the end, dumping hundreds of blocks and causing the lag. I'd disable quarries if we still haven't fixed the lag in a few days and see how that goes.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's done by hand (in creative mode of course), but the pictures themselves are probably rendered with Chunky or something similar: http://chunky.llbit.se/index.php?title=Main_Page

That's the thing with those minecraft megathingies. It's altogether less impressive when you realize most of them are done in creative mode and using 3rd party software so they won't have to place everything by hand, one cube at a time, after first digging into a monster-filled cave for raw materials. :(

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I did wonder whether somebody's quarries were overloading towards the end, dumping hundreds of blocks and causing the lag. I'd disable quarries if we still haven't fixed the lag in a few days and see how that goes.
I don't think there's been any quarries running for the last week or so, so they're not connected to the lag.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ok, Ctrl-Shift seems to be some stupid command that BOTH duplicates items I click on while I'm holding it, but also transfers all items of that type into a chest. There's some sort of conflict between the twom because sometimes I get one, and sometimes I get the other (before I became Admin, I'd get an error about not having access to that command - which I never understood why I got that). How do I disable the admin cheat variation?

Luzur

Good Sir
It's done by hand (in creative mode of course), but the pictures themselves are probably rendered with Chunky or something similar: http://chunky.llbit.se/index.php?title=Main_Page

That's the thing with those minecraft megathingies. It's altogether less impressive when you realize most of them are done in creative mode and using 3rd party software so they won't have to place everything by hand, one cube at a time, after first digging into a monster-filled cave for raw materials. :(

kinda like how i feel about the whole tekkit thing.

Temaperacl

Erudite
Deus101: Unless you moved your machines, it looks like you got hit by a creeper or an overload.

Also, were you still looking to get stickyreed?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Are you sure? works fine here and I can't see anything in the logs.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Hmm. both Fluffy and I were disconnected yesterday, and couldn't get back in. Now the server looks like it's up, but of course fucking session.minecraft.net has decided to fuck things up.

Edit: Working now, yay!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Pretty br00tal lag again, several seconds of delay when opening chests and such. A crash must be imminent.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Server looks down. Using my admin magic and restarting it...

Seems to be working now. No lag.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Seems the server is down. And I can't even login via the backend Muty. Not sure if it's something you're doing?

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Perfect timing to grab a sabatical from minecraft when all the stuffies starts to appear.

Anyway...Muty...can you tell what the fuck happened to my machinery!?

My guess is some dunderhead remove the voltage upgrades.

but the damage just doses not seem right...also my induction furnace is gone...maybe from explosion but...again...the damage would have been more noticable.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
You sure? I blew up some shit in my workshop once because I mis-wired the transformers and overloaded everything. All it did was take out the machines.

deus101

then some morons ruined the machines by fucking with my upgrades. bah...except for the upgrades its no big loss.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
The detector blocks such as "Empty Detector", "Mob Detector", which mod are they? I am requiring the manual.

deus101

The detector blocks such as "Empty Detector", "Mob Detector", which mod are they? I am requiring the manual.
Their purpose is to analyse carts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom