Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
but Notch is rumored to visit free servers as either Notch or MPMan (not sure about this one, just a rumor ive heard.) so if you are lucky you can wail at the man himself.
Any chance of you strolling over to the Mojang office and punching him in the dick in person? The fucking login server is down again.

Luzur

Good Sir
but Notch is rumored to visit free servers as either Notch or MPMan (not sure about this one, just a rumor ive heard.) so if you are lucky you can wail at the man himself.
Any chance of you strolling over to the Mojang office and punching him in the dick in person? The fucking login server is down again.

mayhaps Radisshu can do that, he lives in Stockholm afterall.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Radisshu, care to do a favor for your Codexian BROS and physically punish that miscreant Notch?

The login server is still down, second day in a row.

Radisshu

Prophet
Sure, finding his home adress was easy enough.

I actually just did that BTW

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
YOU GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME! Is minecraft down again?!

Finally after the third-fourth try...

I CAN SPERG AGAIN!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Minecraft 1.3 update coming August 1

http://www.shacknews.com/article/74661/minecraft-13-update-coming-august-1

The biggest change comes to the entire single-player mode, which will work as a shell on top of multiplayer. This assures a smoother multiplayer experience, lets you share your single-player worlds with other users on a local network, and allows you to use certain commands in single-player with cheats enabled. This will also make it easier for Mojang to fix bugs, since the company won't have to fix them twice-over for single- and multiplayer.
Other features include emeralds, ore, and a trading system to buy items from villagers. The update will also add the ability to write in books, new terrain features with a "bonus chest" to start the game with a boost, a trip-wire for traps and contraptions, magic orbs from mining and smelting, and a bunch of new or tweaked items.

Bet it will wreak havoc on all the mods, too. :troll:

Seriously tho, I guess we should decide now whether or not we'll stick with the current map if a wipe is required to get to 1.3. I'm hoping of course that some of the more prominent modders (Forge, Bukkit etc.) will get an advance copy to make the transition as smooth and fast as possible, but there's always the possibility that backwards compatibility to current worlds just won't be possible.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If history is anything to go by then it will almost certainly require a wipe :(
Honestly I've had enough of wipes and resets. I say we keep playing this world, and if upgrading doesn't work in August then we say fuck you to 1.3 and stick to the current version. I'm pretty happy with how things are working now.

deus101

Well, its a month into the future...and probably another month to get the updated mods...

In any event, fuck it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Muty, The client crashes if I attempt to craft an Ender Chest. That's the modded one from tekkit, block ID 178.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Muty: The server is currently lagging like a raver on ketamine. Any idea what's causing it this time?

deus101

well this has potential..

Apparently its much more sophisticated then Zeppelin, and less demanding.

The guy behind it also works on full collision response and and is quite optimistic that he can get this on SMP.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Muty - Yeah server started lagging this morning. Same as before, popping blocks would take 2 - 3 attempts before they pop. It got progressively worse (when every block started getting affected as opposed to one in three) and now seems to be down. Has the feeling of someone's machine overloading (or some redstone circuit memory hole or something?) gradually building up until the world comes crashing down.

Well, its a month into the future...and probably another month to get the updated mods...

In any event, fuck it.

Indeed, if it breaks the map then no update.
OH GOD THIS. As cool as writing in books is (no really), I just want to BUILD EPIC SHIT. Seriously. All I'm doing is BUILDING EPIC SHIT. And that takes time. I don't need fucking dickstone v 3.5 now with added aura that lets you remote access your cock in 3d virtual space from a computer inside a computer game. I just need to be able to knock blocks out, make mah blocks and place 'em. That is all.

deus101

Well, at any rate...we might even be lucky and get the cake and eat it to.

The mine-craft goons are pretty good sorting out the blockids sprites and all that jazz, they might pull it off and still let us keep the map.

also, server down, or is that your work muty?

Luzur

Good Sir
Muty - Yeah server started lagging this morning. Same as before, popping blocks would take 2 - 3 attempts before they pop. It got progressively worse (when every block started getting affected as opposed to one in three) and now seems to be down. Has the feeling of someone's machine overloading (or some redstone circuit memory hole or something?) gradually building up until the world comes crashing down.

In any event, fuck it.

OH GOD THIS. As cool as writing in books is (no really), I just want to BUILD EPIC SHIT. Seriously. All I'm doing is BUILDING EPIC SHIT. And that takes time. I don't need fucking dickstone v 3.5 now with added aura that lets you remote access your cock in 3d virtual space from a computer inside a computer game. I just need to be able to knock blocks out, make mah blocks and place 'em. That is all.

hey man, i want to rewrite the entirety of Shakespear into a Minecraft library, so you dont diss this important update.

deus101

In any event, fuck it.

hey man, i want to rewrite the entirety of Shakespear into a Minecraft library, so you dont diss this important update.
I DOWNLOADED AN ENTIRE OS FOR HIM! AND WHAT IS HE DROOLING OVER?!

BOOKS?!

FUCKING LUDDITE!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare is a single volume, so that will be a rather unepic library.
:troll:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Edit: Aaaand lagging again. Was fine for an hour or so and then got worse again - someone's contraptions (*cough*deus*cough*) must be causing a rather severe memory leak.

Someone killed the dragon already? Wasn't anywhere to be seen, ah well. Good place to farm for the ender pearls, at least.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Checking...

EDIT: hmm....

EDIT2: Looks like something was leaking memory, but a restart fixed it. I'll keep an eye on the server today.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
EDIT2: Looks like something was leaking memory, but a restart fixed it. I'll keep an eye on the server today.

That's exactly how it was before, and then it got progressively worse until the whole thing crashed.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The server is starting to lag now. Just a little bit so far, but noticable.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So... fell through the world, into a void - killed me despite wearing full quantum armor. All my gear gone, fun.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Muty, the server seems to have crashed again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom