Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Oh and moving water is a problem, so try to drain all those quarry holes...Maybe that will help.

You can use the new forcefields, they have an area type forcefield which in tandem with an underwater upgrade removes all the liquid inside it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I don't get things like that. Why remove build abilities from a game that's pretty much about building. It's like those tournament maps like hunger games and golden crown or whatever the map Yogscast people made is called, where for some reason you can't build. As far as I'm concerned, half of fun in Minecraft (and especially in Tekkit, which removes most of the exploration and dungeon crawling) is building stuff that can eventually roll over into PvP competition, rather than just straight up PvP competition in a prefab you can't affect.

No one has to play it - what's wrong with trying something a little different, granted the combat in MC is terribad but after it gets a chance to mature, who knows how much fun it'll be.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
You fuckers are unbelievable!

You haven't scratched a tenth of the content yet you are still asking for new stuff to add!

Temaperacl

Erudite
Server unavailable or have I just had bad timing? Haven't been able to contact it or access the Dynamic map for the past day or two.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Sorry I was on vacation until today. I took it down before I left and I forgot to start it again.
Should be up now.

EDIT: I'm gonna take it offline for a bit in an hour to deploy the latest tekkit update.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Sorry I was on vacation until today. I took it down before I left and I forgot to start it again.
Should be up now.

EDIT: I'm gonna take it offline for a bit in an hour to deploy the latest tekkit update.
The server seems to be up, but I can't connect. Only get "Disconnected by server Took too long to log in".

Temaperacl

Erudite
Should be up now.

The server seems to be up, but I can't connect. Only get "Disconnected by server Took too long to log in".
I'm encountering the same thing. Did you figure out the issue or do you also still have the same problem?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yes guys sorry about that. Its the old bukkit server. Gonna fix now.

EDIT: Done. Don't forget to update to the latest tekkit recommended build if you left it on manual.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Are they ever going to get that damn modding API done? Tekkit has way too few mods these days, I want Thaumcraft. And Twilight Forest and the Aether and Ebon Mod. :obviously:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Utterly bored as well, but if they can get that modding API done it could give the game second wind. Many of the coolest mods are currently SP only and it'd be sweet to have those in SMP as well. A lot of them (Thaumcraft, Ebon Mod, Aether etc.) have little to no emphasis on actual building, but rather have actual progress through crafting, research and fighting harder mobs so it'd be a welcome change from the usual thing where everyone spawns at the same spot and runs off to build some lame castle for the hundredth time, never seeing each other again.

Anyway, 1.4 is out now.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Seems like a lot (all?) of the mods that use Forge are universal now, meaning they work both in SSP and SMP with no separate versions required. Should be fun once all the good mods actually get updated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom