Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Seems like a lot (all?) of the mods that use Forge are universal now, meaning they work both in SSP and SMP with no separate versions required. Should be fun once all the good mods actually get updated.
As of Minecraft 1.3 there is no longer a separate SSP mode. "Single player" now just runs a local server while you play. So from now on all mods should be universal unless the modders explicitly makes them only work in one mode. :)

Also: Minecraft style!

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Once we can create flying/floating/submerging structures I'm hoping interest will rise again.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What version of Technic pack is the server using? I want a server to erect my ugly structures on.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
What version of Technic pack is the server using? I want a server to erect my ugly structures on.
After I update it tomorrow... it will be running the latest(3.1.3).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Muty - Tomorrow was yesterday, you leper. And I have epic castles to build God-damnit.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Vanilla Minecraft? Blegh. I could never go back to it after tekkit.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Same here, being able to make complex machines is so much more interesting than just stacking up blocks for buildings.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Just tried the Minecraft demo recently and was considering buying it. What gameplay mode of Minecraft does the server run?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Muty - Tomorrow was yesterday, you leper. And I have epic castles to build God-damnit.
Yeah I'm slacking, working on it right now.

I can set up a second vanilla server in 15 minutes if you want.
Was more a way of having a server online and not being sure if the mods were really worth it given all the updates etc... And knowing that few people play regularly on our server.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yeah I'm slacking, working on it right now.

I can set up a second vanilla server in 15 minutes if you want.
Was more a way of having a server online and not being sure if the mods were really worth it given all the updates etc... And knowing that few people play regularly on our server.

I was not sure either, that's why I'm asking if you want me to start a second vannila server that you can fuck around on.

Server is up btw. Use the dev version of tekkit (3.1.3).

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Just tried the Minecraft demo recently and was considering buying it. What gameplay mode of Minecraft does the server run?
We are using a moded version of minecraft called the technic pack which adds a ton of new features to the game.
http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

So from what I understand you still have to survive and collect resources? I enjoy that aspect of the game. I don't really like the mode where you noclip around with unlimited resources.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yes, Tekkit basically just adds a ton more resources and creates functioning structures such as automatic mines, etc.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
For the record I am in favor of spending part of DU's hooker and blow fund on a minecraft server, as long as it's properly modded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom