Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming November 20th

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meanwhile, nvidia is promoting it as a DLSS 3.0 title.
firefox-Wvwuh-UCd1a.png

Sergei is on a roll. Scammed M$ and now he's scammed Nvidia.

Cassar

Augur
Bullshit. Nothing's gonna be released in 2023. The rumour is very very likely true. They dont have anything to show for. Im 99.999% sure they won't release nothing in 2023.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
- there is no playable build of the game, the project is in the state of "constant rebuilding";
I have existential crisis; every morning I wake up like "fuck, I'm still alive!". There are little things that keep me somewhat joyful; like a fucking new STALKER game in development. Now your post seals the deal; this shit is %100 vapourware.
My last hope is Itsuno's Dragon's Dogma 2. I hope it will arrive in a meaningful time period and won't have "body type / identity" kind of tyranny shit.
It sucks to live in that generation.
:despair:

ADL

Prophet
This ain't my first GSC rodeo but I find it very difficult to believe that the project is in the state that the 'leak' claims it is. There's too many major players involved (Microsoft, nvidia, Epic Games) for everything to be entirely make believe.

People are saying the source is unreliable too.

toughasnails

Given that these claims originated with Russian sources and given, you know, what has been going on, I wouldn't be too trusting if I was you.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
- there is no playable build of the game, the project is in the state of "constant rebuilding";
I have existential crisis; every morning I wake up like "fuck, I'm still alive!". There are little things that keep me somewhat joyful; like a fucking new STALKER game in development. Now your post seals the deal; this shit is %100 vapourware.
My last hope is Itsuno's Dragon's Dogma 2. I hope it will arrive in a meaningful time period and won't have "body type / identity" kind of tyranny shit.
you may as well kill yourself now because you're out of your mind if you think this new STALKER will be anything like the previous three. no major studios now are going to release a game that basically just drops the player into a hostile environment and tells them to get on with it.
enjoy things like extensive forced tutorials, "STALKER VISION" for seeing artifacts and anomalies, a bunch of redundant level up and perk systems and other skinner boxing tactics (You killed 15 Blood Suckers! Congratulations STALKER, you have earned the BLOOD HUNTER Perk and now do +10% damage against Blood Suckers when fighting them at night!) because otherwise people will think the game "lacks content," very likely women in the zone, etc etc. thats without even other basic stuff like the game will look like typical modern shit with no atmosphere and will feel like shit because its made for consoles

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
you may as well kill yourself now because you're out of your mind if you think this new STALKER will be anything like the previous three. no major studios now are going to release a game that basically just drops the player into a hostile environment and tells them to get on with it.
a2319d9a739c9baea0d1ff2f7a8e397f.jpg

Joke aside, yeah I know you are right; it will be suitable for 2020's generation :negative:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
no major studios now are going to release a game that basically just drops the player into a hostile environment and tells them to get on with it.
:hmmm:

You are aware of the fact that Elden Ring is this year's most successful AAA game and that souls-like are currently a fashionable thing, right?

toughasnails

^Plus the trend of other AAA games like Doom Eternal advertising their difficulty...

The industry seems to have well overgrown the late 00s, early 10s trend of making everything as accessible as possible, just as the publishers' hard on for everything "cinematic" from that period seems to have cooled off.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

meaningless
when they delay it, and they will delay it, they'll put on their saddest puppy face and pull on all the strings as to reasons why

until then they'll bluff (notice they stress the release date, not that the game will be ready; notice that they're stressing the release date *hasn't* changed, a technicality, not that it won't when the time comes)

Ryzer

Arcane
Looks like a Jagged Alliance Stalker... I like that idea. Too bad it got cancelled.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I guess JA modding scene was dying out when STALKER got a spin somewhere in the timeline?
Otherwise we could get something... or at least people would finish some mod for Men of War 1/2/3/whatever got best editor?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like a Jagged Alliance Stalker... I like that idea. Too bad it got cancelled.

STALKER would really make a brilliant setting for either a fallout style rpg or a more tactical focused jagged alliance experience.
Or even a P&P RPG.
Factions,Ability Scores,Monsters etc.

I think a few people have attempted it:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/100243/STALKER--The-SciFi-Roleplaying-Game

No idea how good the quality is though.

There is also a fan made stalker board game based on the franchise which is supposedly really fun.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

STALKER would really make a brilliant setting for either a fallout style rpg or a more tactical focused jagged alliance experience.
Or even a P&P RPG.
Factions,Ability Scores,Monsters etc.

I think a few people have attempted it:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/100243/STALKER--The-SciFi-Roleplaying-Game

No idea how good the quality is though.

There is also a fan made stalker board game based on the franchise which is supposedly really fun.
Nice. Thanks for the link.
Yeah a S.T.A.L.K.E.R P&P RPG can have real potential. You could fight monsters like the Chimera or Controller,lots of weapons,lots of skills(weapon maintenance,intimidation,bartering,wilderness survival) and character backgrounds(ex con,ex police officer,ex military and special forces etc).

toughasnails

Stalker seems a almost a perfect fit for some sort of tactical game, whether something more sandboxy where for example you control a faction, maybe fighting for territories with turn-based tactical battles, or something smaller scale, more story-driven like JA where you're leading a squad of stalkers. Plus such games seem to be popular enough with Eastern European players.

It would really be an easy choice for a lower budget spin off... if the series was managed by someone at least moderately capable that is.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
enjoy things like extensive forced tutorials, "STALKER VISION" for seeing artifacts and anomalies, a bunch of redundant level up and perk systems and other skinner boxing tactics (You killed 15 Blood Suckers! Congratulations STALKER, you have earned the BLOOD HUNTER Perk and now do +10% damage against Blood Suckers when fighting them at night!) because otherwise people will think the game "lacks content," very likely women in the zone, etc etc. thats without even other basic stuff like the game will look like typical modern shit with no atmosphere and will feel like shit because its made for consoles
Even vanilla Stalker SoC was toned down a lot compared to what they have planned. That time, due to lack of resources, this time...

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

There is a Stalker mod for Fallout 2, haven't tried it, but it's not good AFAIK

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom