Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This either will be the best space game ever or the biggest space shit ever. There is no in-between.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Ah well... at least Gillian Anderson still looks great... without all that techno shit on her head.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I get the feeling that he much rather just direct a movie than making this game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Star Citizen and SQ 42 will be split into 2 AAA games. You will have to buy each one separately. Let the shitstorm begin.

https://testsquadron.com/threads/only-one-week-remains-sq42-and-sc-at-this-price.6441/

hqdefault.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
BUY OUR GAME NOW OR THE PRICE WILL INCREASE

Oh, so they're using the "Our game is up for ransom, if you do the right thing we won't shoot it in the head" business model people were talking about a few years back? Heh.

:positive:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Sounds like it's gonna be...

:slamdunk:

Let's see how Scam Citizen people reacts to upcoming butthurt...I wonder if it's gonna be:
:hearnoevil::gumpyhead:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Didn't Roberts mention this months ago? He said that both games are AAA quality and therefore should be split.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Going by the subbreddit fans don't seem to mind it. But then again, these people can already spend several thousand on a game *insert shrug smiley*

buzz

Arcane
I think this is actually a good decision. I wanted an SP Wing Commander type of game that stands on its own in the first place, it was obvious that the MMO was gonna suck shit with all the ship-buying scheme they kept having.

But it shows how badly they've handled the money if they decided now to split the games instead of just adding up on starcitizen.exe

Zeriel

Arcane
Going by the subbreddit fans don't seem to mind it. But then again, these people can already spend several thousand on a game *insert shrug smiley*

They don't seem to mind anything Chris Roberts does. The guy could dig up their dead grandma and have a drug-fueled tryst with her and they'd defend it.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Eh, one case where a bit of defense for scamcitizen is sensible:
IIRC they already said somewhere around the time of the original kickstarter that SQ42 and the multiplayer Part will have to be bought seperatly by late / retail buyers.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I think this is actually a good decision. I wanted an SP Wing Commander type of game that stands on its own in the first place, it was obvious that the MMO was gonna suck shit with all the ship-buying scheme they kept having.

But it shows how badly they've handled the money if they decided now to split the games instead of just adding up on starcitizen.exe
Problem is SQ42 only takes place in one star system. :lol:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Donate NAO, BUY NAO, PRE PURCHASE DIS SHIT NAO!! One hundred bazillion dollars is not enough for a pay2win MMO with afterthought single player campaign! Tremble in fear of the coming of the mighty golden baby! One more Kikestarter campaign before the most awesomest game evar gets released!

-Chris Roberts aka the Cleve of Space Gaems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom