Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
TBH, some skins in EVE are quite expensive, and don't even get me started on mtx in Path of Exile...

From what i saw most of the skins are pretty cheap in game. You just have to wait for next patch to make them buyable via in game currency. When i say cheap i mean for example for my aurora skin costs like 6k i think where single combat mission is like 5-20k
Check the price on Eros Blossom :D Also, there are skins that cost >500 plex. And 500 plex buys you 30 DAYS of playtime. So some of those are insane really.

Perkel

Arcane
I meant in SC not in EVE. I tried to play EVE but single ship excell wasn't really for me.

Perkel

Arcane
someone made gif with all important parts. Speaking of which i think this is the first gas giant where ship can go into atmosphere of it in gaming. The only other one i think that gives you something like this is Space Engine but that isn't really a game.

Norfleet

The real question is: How is all this craziness supposed to run on the average person's computer? If it DOESN'T run on a regular computer, how many people are going to be able to actually play this? World of Warcrap was a huge success precisely because it would run on someone's shitty office machine. If you can't goof off at work with it, you're not gonna have enough playtime to actually get anywhere in this game and it won't stick.

Myobi

Liturgist
The real question is: How is all this craziness supposed to run on the average person's computer? If it DOESN'T run on a regular computer, how many people are going to be able to actually play this? World of Warcrap was a huge success precisely because it would run on someone's shitty office machine. If you can't goof off at work with it, you're not gonna have enough playtime to actually get anywhere in this game and it won't stick.

Dude, their own servers can't handle the game as it is right now... But, don't worry much about that, by the time the game is complete, you should have access to quantum computing and shit, its all planned mah dude.

Codex Year of the Donut
Someone flying over new gas giant presenting current state of their clouds tech. Clouds tech is still WIP according to CIG and will get an upgrade before 3.14 release.

Looks pretty amazing. Flying close to gas giant is one of my dreams when it comes to space games. Boring but boner for me.

does the cloud tech add the fun or is that still a WIP?

Perkel

Arcane

1. IT does run pretty well even on 1060 if servers are running light. You can get 30fps + in cities. Main problem right now are servers and then second lack of graphical settings. For example on my 1080 at the Lorville city if server is full then i get 24ish fps to 34fps. If by luck i join some server with few people in it i get 40-60fps in same place. Servers essentially are main bottleneck right now. Basically one server has to render everything for 55 players in system as servers has to calculate stuff that requires rendering of scene like physics. This is the same reason why almost all MMOs don't do physics and if they do it is only client based one like clothes.

When it comes to flying around then framerate is much better. In space combat at full server i get on my 1080 anywhere from 60ish to 110fps. On empty server above 100fps is norm. Flying over planets around 40-70fps depending on type of planet. Arc corp planet is the biggest offender since it is literally city-planet (like in Star Wars) and there is basically city up to horizon in high detail.

2. Mentioned above lack of graphical setting. Graphical settings are mostly done toward end of developement. So right now regardless if you have 1060 or 1080 or 970 you play game with all bells and whistles. Moreover SC uses one of the most advanced ways to render graphics basically not seen anywhere. Stuff like paralax mapping done in other games for few things on screens is literally everywhere for almost everything, 4k-8k textures for everything, polycount into stratosphere, even guns themselves have physical bullets in mags that are loaded up in gun and you can see that bullet in chamber when you point pistol at camera. Which also means LOD is the issue, they improved it massively since 3.9 because before game was basically slideshow for everyone regardless of hardware. So if your gpu struggles with tesselation or other "advanced" features there is no game option to help you right now.

As for later part. They got 400mil in crowdfunding. SQ42 will be normal 60$ game the plan to sell later on and then SC will be released as B2P with some additional micro which is still not formulated.

SC also seems to target same people who play something like MS Flight Simulator. Those guys who play it can afford sticks for few 1000s or even whole cockpits that cost more than car. I do wonder how they will in the end aproach gathering money after release but that is song for future as their only close goal is SQ42 and that will be normally sold game.

Codex Year of the Donut

1. IT does run pretty well even on 1060 if servers are running light. You can get 30fps + in cities. Main problem right now are servers and then second lack of graphical settings. For example on my 1080 at the Lorville city if server is full then i get 24ish fps to 34fps. If by luck i join some server with few people in it i get 40-60fps in same place. Servers essentially are main bottleneck right now. Basically one server has to render everything for 55 players in system as servers has to calculate stuff that requires rendering of scene like physics. This is the same reason why almost all MMOs don't do physics and if they do it is only client based one like clothes.

When it comes to flying around then framerate is much better. In space combat at full server i get on my 1080 anywhere from 60ish to 110fps. On empty server above 100fps is norm. Flying over planets around 40-70fps depending on type of planet. Arc corp planet is the biggest offender since it is literally city-planet (like in Star Wars) and there is basically city up to horizon in high detail.

2. Mentioned above lack of graphical setting. Graphical settings are mostly done toward end of developement. So right now regardless if you have 1060 or 1080 or 970 you play game with all bells and whistles. Moreover SC uses one of the most advanced ways to render graphics basically not seen anywhere. Stuff like paralax mapping done in other games for few things on screens is literally everywhere for almost everything, 4k-8k textures for everything, polycount into stratosphere, even guns themselves have physical bullets in mags that are loaded up in gun and you can see that bullet in chamber when you point pistol at camera. Which also means LOD is the issue, they improved it massively since 3.9 because before game was basically slideshow for everyone regardless of hardware. So if your gpu struggles with tesselation or other "advanced" features there is no game option to help you right now.

As for later part. They got 400mil in crowdfunding. SQ42 will be normal 60$ game the plan to sell later on and then SC will be released as B2P with some additional micro which is still not formulated.

SC also seems to target same people who play something like MS Flight Simulator. Those guys who play it can afford sticks for few 1000s or even whole cockpits that cost more than car. I do wonder how they will in the end aproach gathering money after release but that is song for future as their only close goal is SQ42 and that will be normally sold game.
when do they add the fun?

Myobi

Liturgist

I know this is becoming extremely repetitive at this point…

However, it is my civic duty, as part of this retarded ass community, to keep reminding people that this mother fucker right here, who insists on poking fun at stuff like this, used to blog about his adventures in Fallout 76, therefore, even when he stands completely correct, he is still required to atone for his sins, and be stoned for it… the bad and painful sort of stoned.

As for the question itself, probably next Friday, I’m sure Perkel will be able to confirm that, right after the Jes… Meshing Tech implementation.

Codex Year of the Donut

However, it is my civic duty, as part of this retarded ass community, to keep reminding people that this mother fucker right here, who insists on poking fun at stuff like this, used to blog about his adventures in Fallout 76, therefore, even when he stands completely correct, he is still required to atone for his sins, and be stoned for it… the bad and painful sort of stoned.

As for the question itself, probably next Friday, I’m sure Perkel will be able to confirm that, right after the Jes… Meshing Tech implementation.
FO76 is fun tho

Myobi

Liturgist

FO76 is fun tho

Yeah, especially at launch where players were roleplaying as NPCs when they were able to connect to the damn thing.

Sounds just about as fun as staring at fucking gas tech ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Codex Year of the Donut

FO76 is fun tho

Yeah, especially at launch where players were roleplaying as NPCs when they were able to connect to the damn thing.

Sounds just about as fun as staring at fucking gas tech ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I never played it at launch though

Perkel

Arcane
Tried F76 and it was basically F4 with multiplayer and without story or quests. As much as this might sound bad this was actually better than playing F4 with retarded story and quests.

By far the best mod out there for F4 is frost which makes out of F4 survival game removing entirely all betsheda npcs, quests, factions and story. Leaving only sandbox elements like building town etc but in stripped out form which is basically the end goal of it and almost impossible to do because FROST is hard as nails and even me veteran die in it like a bitch multiple time before i get even one good run (aka 5-10 hours)

So F76 was actually better than F4 by virtue of not having shitty quests, nps and story. Now that they added it it is now shit.

ADL

Prophet
Lord help us if 2023-2025 rolls around and people are still bitching about the system requirements that are still significantly less compared to the PS5/Series S and X. If that's a problem, guess they'll have to enable crossplay with consoles which can run this with ease.

Myobi

Liturgist
Tried F76 and it was basically F4 with multiplayer and without story or quests. As much as this might sound bad this was actually better than playing F4 with retarded story and quests.

By far the best mod out there for F4 is frost which makes out of F4 survival game removing entirely all betsheda npcs, quests, factions and story. Leaving only sandbox elements like building town etc but in stripped out form which is basically the end goal of it and almost impossible to do because FROST is hard as nails and even me veteran die in it like a bitch multiple time before i get even one good run (aka 5-10 hours)

So F76 was actually better than F4 by virtue of not having shitty quests, nps and story. Now that they added it it is now shit.

Funny, in order to explain why Fallout 76 is better than Fallout 4, you just showed us why Fallout 4 is better than Fallout 76 regardless how shitty it might be.

Modding. Without it Bethesda games are just a fucking dreadful experience.

My first playthrough in Skyrim (vanilla) was fucking hell, I spent more time trying to “fix” shit via the command console than actually fucking playing the game, I remember wasting hours because the old ass dude in Riften sewers wouldn’t open the damn door.

Fallout 76 would be worth playing if Bethesda had released private servers, not those shitty ass monetized private instances, but actual private servers, allowing players and modders to customize and fix the fucking thing…

Lord help us if 2023-2025 rolls around and people are still bitching about the system requirements that are still significantly less compared to the PS5/Series S and X. If that's a problem, guess they'll have to enable crossplay with consoles which can run this with ease.

Lol! “crossplay”, in “2023-2025”, you’ll get lucky if by then they actually finish their one and only solar system.

Perkel

Arcane
There is also Aron Halo aka Asteroid belt around Arc Corp which is supposed to not be passable via quantum travel. People would only get to Arc Corp via gateway system. But who knows if that will be in before they will move to another system. Concept art:

Aaron_Halo_Gateway.png

The other one is Stanton star. Currently the white glowing stuff is apparently just placeholder like previous crusader was.

Syl

Cipher
Friday is Grimoire Day, pick another day!

I suggest Sunday. It's a cult, remember? :P

AN4RCHID

Arcane
There is also Aron Halo aka Asteroid belt around Arc Corp which is supposed to not be passable via quantum travel. People would only get to Arc Corp via gateway system. But who knows if that will be in before they will move to another system. Concept art:

Aaron_Halo_Gateway.png

The other one is Stanton star. Currently the white glowing stuff is apparently just placeholder like previous crusader was.
Iirc they've had the asteroid belt in since early 3.x days. There's nothing of note there so you can't directly travel to it, but you can see it on the star map and if you cut your quantum drive at the right time you can see and mine the asteroids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom