Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
One dude managed to get 114 people out of 120 people in server in his ship:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
Why is there always one cunt who strips down to their underwear?

Myobi

Liturgist

Got to say I love the epic song playing while players are just standing still stuttering, trying to move the least possible and as slowly as they can, “incredibly fun” indeed.

Y'all need Jesus.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Got to say I love the epic song playing while players are just standing still stuttering, trying to move the least possible and as slowly as they can, “incredibly fun” indeed.

Y'all need Jesus.

CqA-EQ5WEAA3URr.jpg

Why do that when you can plant a tree that will grow 50 feet in no time flat? I mean the quote is great but just plant a different tree you old whiners!

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Server crashed? Thought you meant the ship. It would really help my K/D rate if I could crash a ship with 120 players on it.

Someone tells me there might be another free event in October or November. I'm probably going to try that again, this weird guy that was linked here some pages back made a follow up video where fans of the game (or him?) chipped in to send him credits worth 3,000 dollarusu.
That gave me the idea to aggressively beg for money since the community is apparently hard up for new players, then buy a fancy ship and bop around the known universe, looking for the best glitches.
And stream the whole thing, maybe.

Perkel

Arcane
Server crashed? Thought you meant the ship. It would really help my K/D rate if I could crash a ship with 120 players on it.

Someone tells me there might be another free event in October or November. I'm probably going to try that again, this weird guy that was linked here some pages back made a follow up video where fans of the game (or him?) chipped in to send him credits worth 3,000 dollarusu.
That gave me the idea to aggressively beg for money since the community is apparently hard up for new players, then buy a fancy ship and bop around the known universe, looking for the best glitches.

I got free "$150" package with 2 ships because i asked on some sc forum where i can get cheapest offer and some dude just sent me "gift" Official cheapest is 45$ + tax from site. Definitely good idea to look for some dumbfucks. Just sell some sob story that you are poor Vatnik from Russia and due to war you can't buy membership and need to save for winter. Even better you are Ukrainian.

I melted my 150 package into 45$ one (cheapest ship as i wanted to experience it from lowest point) + i got Squadron42 access for in store 20$. I still have like 80-90$ in store credit which i can't gift or use as spending in store credit requires you to spend at least 50% in real money.

Still only thing i paid was 1$ for pledge back in 2012.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Funnily enough I had often told people online I was Ukrainian for almost ten years before this whole mess started (I had my reasons), now I feel kinda really bad about it and try to walk it back, lol

What the heck is this ship insurance for "X days" tho, that means if I crash my ship they'll reimburse me if it was within X days and afterwards I just lose my real-money ship entirely unless I shell out for more insurance?
I know EVE has ship insurance but at least the ships there aren't USUALLY bought with real money (PLEX), and even if someone does this I would assume they're cheaper on average than what Scam Citizen charges.

Perkel

Arcane
Funnily enough I had often told people online I was Ukrainian for almost ten years before this whole mess started (I had my reasons), now I feel kinda really bad about it and try to walk it back, lol

What the heck is this ship insurance for "X days" tho, that means if I crash my ship they'll reimburse me if it was within X days and afterwards I just lose my real-money ship entirely unless I shell out for more insurance?
I know EVE has ship insurance but at least the ships there aren't USUALLY bought with real money (PLEX), and even if someone does this I would assume they're cheaper on average than what Scam Citizen charges.

That is supposed to be insurance when Star Citizen releases in 2079. Bassically you will be able to buy insurance on your in-game ships so when it gets destroyed you get second/third one etc.

Ships in sc will be just like any other commodity. So if you can lose gun you can also lose ship, be stolen etc.

You can ignore it as vaporware. AS either way it doesn't mean your ship insurance will be 0. It means that starting insurance will be 0 but due to balance reasons if you start crashing ship that insurance will go up from 0 just like real life.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist

I got free "$150" package with 2 ships because i asked on some sc forum where i can get cheapest offer and some dude just sent me "gift" Official cheapest is 45$ + tax from site. Definitely good idea to look for some dumbfucks. Just sell some sob story that you are poor Vatnik from Russia and due to war you can't buy membership and need to save for winter. Even better you are Ukrainian.

I melted my 150 package into 45$ one (cheapest ship as i wanted to experience it from lowest point) + i got Squadron42 access for in store 20$. I still have like 80-90$ in store credit which i can't gift or use as spending in store credit requires you to spend at least 50% in real money.

Still only thing i paid was 1$ for pledge back in 2012.

iu

Perkel

Arcane
Wait, 120 players per server? Okay, now I get why you like it, it reminds you of your previous favourite videogame...

77476-neverwinter-nights-windows-front-cover.jpg

Oh got why would anyone who have any conscience would deploy such heavy armament of decline. Even showing cover makes reasonable people seeethe in anger of how shit this was.

Myobi

Liturgist
Reporting in, tested it out in reddit, told them despite a bad financial situation, I was trying to get into SC, therefore I was looking for the most budget access possible, got a lot of good advice from the community, ship sales and referral discounts, as well as the prices of the base packs, the thread itself got downvoted like crazy it seems, holding up with a 36% “upvote rate”, whatever that might fucking translate into.

I’m not going to lie, glad it turned out this way, would hate to force myself to play stuck in an elevator with a stranger simulator just out of guilt.

Perkel

Arcane
Reporting in, tested it out in reddit, told them despite a bad financial situation, I was trying to get into SC, therefore I was looking for the most budget access possible, got a lot of good advice from the community, ship sales and referral discounts, as well as the prices of the base packs, the thread itself got downvoted like crazy it seems, holding up with a 36% “upvote rate”, whatever that might fucking translate into.

I’m not going to lie, glad it turned out this way, would hate to force myself to play stuck in an elevator with a stranger simulator just out of guilt.

Just keep at it. Some dumbduck will send you a code for sure. I got it in first try.

Myobi

Liturgist

Just keep at it. Some dumbduck will send you a code for sure. I got it in first try.
Nha, I'm good =P

Perkel

Arcane
well it is official now.

Also tomorrow is release. They also upgraded their servers and netcode so that now their servers will be mindful of performance and lower cap as server performance goes down. So 100 players is max cap not default cap as server performance degrades over time player cap will go down until server shuts down and new fresh one starts.

6vrkr3vga5e91.png

some more info on cap:

New Player Cap​

With the release of Alpha 3.17.2, we plan to double the capacity of servers to 100 players per server, allowing more pilots to participate in large-scale dynamic events, community events, PvP encounters, and more. We know this change will come as a welcome surprise to many, and we'd be remiss if we didn't call out the incredible efforts happening behind the scenes to make this possible by our engineering and publishing teams. This change is a meaningful and crucial step towards the full experience of our shared massive universe, and we're happy to report that the team is making excellent progress.​
It is important to remember that an increase in players does introduce more potential for stability/performance issues, but rest assured that we'll be we'll be monitoring closely, making tweaks and injecting fixes on the backend based on our observations. This is made possible by our infrastructure now allowing us to deploy server side fixes, without the need for a patch release.​
Separately, we'll also utilize dynamically fluctuating server caps that will prioritize performance/stability. This means that some servers will have a cap less than 100, while others will have more. We plan to continue this initiative moving forward, with the goal of increasing the player cap per server as much as we can, while being mindful of the play experience.​
It is likely that we will run with a lower player cap (<100) during the Siege of Orison dynamic event, simply to account for initial gameplay balance/rewards being designed initially for a lower cap. However, Jumptown will likely have a 100 player cap per server enabled (so, get ready for mayhem).​
As always, we want to hear from you! Make sure to head over to our dedicated testing feedback threads and let us know about your experience.​

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
well it is official now.

Also tomorrow is release. They also upgraded their servers and netcode so that now their servers will be mindful of performance and lower cap as server performance goes down. So 100 players is max cap not default cap as server performance degrades over time player cap will go down until server shuts down and new fresh one starts.

6vrkr3vga5e91.png

some more info on cap:

New Player Cap​

With the release of Alpha 3.17.2, we plan to double the capacity of servers to 100 players per server, allowing more pilots to participate in large-scale dynamic events, community events, PvP encounters, and more. We know this change will come as a welcome surprise to many, and we'd be remiss if we didn't call out the incredible efforts happening behind the scenes to make this possible by our engineering and publishing teams. This change is a meaningful and crucial step towards the full experience of our shared massive universe, and we're happy to report that the team is making excellent progress.​
It is important to remember that an increase in players does introduce more potential for stability/performance issues, but rest assured that we'll be we'll be monitoring closely, making tweaks and injecting fixes on the backend based on our observations. This is made possible by our infrastructure now allowing us to deploy server side fixes, without the need for a patch release.​
Separately, we'll also utilize dynamically fluctuating server caps that will prioritize performance/stability. This means that some servers will have a cap less than 100, while others will have more. We plan to continue this initiative moving forward, with the goal of increasing the player cap per server as much as we can, while being mindful of the play experience.​
It is likely that we will run with a lower player cap (<100) during the Siege of Orison dynamic event, simply to account for initial gameplay balance/rewards being designed initially for a lower cap. However, Jumptown will likely have a 100 player cap per server enabled (so, get ready for mayhem).​
As always, we want to hear from you! Make sure to head over to our dedicated testing feedback threads and let us know about your experience.​

Wow they're getting close to NWN and other released games for 20 years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom