Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
They don't even include a conventional uninstaller. You have to delete all folders manually.

WHAT THE FUCK.

?

unknown.png

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
My advice to anyone thinking about trying this game out: if you care about your computer, don't bother. It's not worth your processor melting itself down. Wait for Starfield instead.
Out of curiousity, how much did you have to pay to play this? Did you get a ship at least?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
My advice to anyone thinking about trying this game out: if you care about your computer, don't bother. It's not worth your processor melting itself down. Wait for Starfield instead.
Out of curiousity, how much did you have to pay to play this? Did you get a ship at least?
Myobi free flight week is on, time for your review. It lasts until july 15th.

I am also on sick leave from work so if anything i have some hours to waste.
I'd guess nil until July 15th.

Either way, Crispy clearly didn't pay enough to get the uninstaller. :smug:

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
When I mention a conventional uninstaller, I'm expecting to go into Control Panel, then to Programs, and uninstall the, you know, PROGRAM, from there. If you want to uninstall Star Citizen, but the only thing you find to uninstall listed in your Control Panel is the Star Citizen launcher itself, and you do so, then you're going to remove the ability to uninstall the actual game in any way other than manually.

Your inability to see or admit the ridiculous nature of almost every aspect of this game is incredible.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
When I mention a conventional uninstaller, I'm expecting to go into Control Panel, then to Programs, and uninstall the, you know, PROGRAM, from there. If you want to uninstall Star Citizen, but the only thing you find to uninstall listed in your Control Panel is the Star Citizen launcher itself, and you do so, then you're going to remove the ability to uninstall the actual game in any way other than manually.

Your inability to see or admit the ridiculous nature of almost every aspect of this game is incredible.
Star Citizen once again breaks new ground. They're trying to prepare you for the future of gaming, Crispo.
They were originally planning on having the uninstall function of Windows format your hard drive since anyone who lost faith in the game clearly didn't want to game at all, but then they realized it was too old school after Ruins of Myth Drannor. The visionary Chris Roberts understood that no one would actually want to remove Star Citizen from their computer, even if they temporarily thought they might, so he figured out how to satisfy your heart's true desire. :salute:

They don't even include a conventional uninstaller. You have to delete all folders manually.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Why would anyone ever want to uninstall this masterpiece of a game?

TaHkdVC.jpg

This is on first launch on a meticulously-maintained PC.

:lol:

This is not an error screen. It's information. I'm sure NOBODY expected the game to actually be playable at all or ever release, so the fact that it launched was unexpected. After it had finished launching, having it run was now normalized, and as such, no longer unexpected, hence the message.

Actually seriously though, this game makes CryEngine look like a horrendous unworkable mess. Accurate, I guess.

That is information for those who can't uninstall game normally. Like when your launcher is corrupted or your game bugs out and doesn't launch anymore due to some corruption in files.

If you use standard uninstaller it removes everything.

Honestly, uninstallers are cringe. All they do is just remove the game files anyway. Why run a whole extra program to delete one folder?

Windows users are some of the weirdest people on the planet...

Gargaune

Arcane
So Skyrim has co-op multiplayer now...

And apparently the mod crew's looking at Fallout 4 next.

You know, I was just joking when I said you might get to play a complete Starfield multiplayer before you get to play a complete Star Citizen, but maybe I shouldn't have been...

Myobi

Liturgist
q5jt4gw1qfb91.jpg

guitarfan28
· 2 days ago

Oh hey thats me, Got banned for 30 days along with a FINAL NOTICE:

Hello Bolric,

While feedback that aims to aid development or our community is welcome here, we have continued to observe condescending comments towards staff and our project, despite numerous warnings and previous removal of access to Spectrum. The same goes for discussing, arguing and tilting at moderation publicly on Spectrum which flies against our Standard of Conduct.

As a culminating result of your moderation history, we have suspended your Spectrum forum and chat privileges for an extended period of 30 days with FINAL NOTIFICATION.

This will not impact your game access at this time.
We encourage you to take this time to review our standard of conduct, here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...um/1/thread/website-rules-standard-of-conduct
While we always prefer to avoid removing someone's ability to participate in community discussions, this will serve as your FINAL NOTIFICATION.
Should this conduct continue to be observed, your access to Spectrum will be permanently suspended.

You can review our terms of service, here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos
Regards,
CIG Moderation.

--- You will not receive a reply by responding to this message ---

These mofos are paying them to get gag balled and fucked in the ass for over 10 years now, big applause to the dedication to corporate dick.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
i don't see how 3 big tickets will go into one update. PES will create bilion bugs, cargo refactor probably too, hull stripping seems easiest but also no doubt there will be shitload of edge cases. All of them need PES to work though which seems logical to place them there.

Either way 3.18 will have so many bugs that Australia will be jealous.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It's exciting, they've gone about a decade just making the framework of this game, the tech and the universe. Now they are going to start fitting chunks of content and gameplay into it. This game may end up surprising people yet. I think actual building in real life is similar. They spend a long time building the shell and it looks so unfinished. But at the last minute the paint goes on and the carpets and furniture and suddenly it takes shape. I think that's what will happen with this game. My concern has always been their taste in furnishings vs mine.

Perkel

Arcane
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Remember that they had to design and build that tech because nothing on market was available to be used that would give both mmo and low latency gameplay enough for an fps shooter.

They have all of that in plans, they probably did math to check whatever they can get low latency but regardless of everything it is when they will switch on that server meshing they will see if their bet won in the end. It could be that when they switch on server meshing game will get inheritent 100ms lag which means basically horrible fps gameplay. They might even do so fixing but unless they get latency below 50ms for end user any kind of action game is a no go.

There is a reason why no mmo ever managed to get scale and detail gameplay at the same time. Usually it is always tradeoff with various amount of rubberbanding.

On other hand no other developer has infinite time and money to sit on this problem...

Myobi

Liturgist
On other hand no other developer has infinite time and money to sit on this problem...
The issue is, it isn't infinite, and even if it actually was, it still wouldn't fix the problem, because this isn't just a "server side" problem.

Perkel

Arcane
The issue is, it isn't infinite, and even if it actually was, it still wouldn't fix the problem, because this isn't just a "server side" problem.
There is no other developer that would allow its engineers to sit on a hard problem for years maybe even decade. Only one close to this that i know was Evans from MM team at Sony which produce signed distance field engine and MM is very small team so their burn rate of $$$ wasn't high and they already made fat stacks of money for Sony for them to sit 10 years without releasing new game.

Either way with 3.18 this is missing tech for core of gameplay:

- salvaging - hull stripping goes into 3.18
- physicalized cargo - goes into 3.18

- physicalized damage on ships/piping - in active work since 2018
- physicalized components - waiting for cargo rework
- bounty hunting/tracking - was waiting for medical gameplay and quanta. Both are in game now.
- exploration gameplay - requires server meshing for new systems to be created
- engineer gameplay - waiting for salvaging/physicalized damage/cargo/fire hazard tech

From this list physicalized cargo and physicalized damage are the biggest problems and one of them seems to getting finished.

If they finish physicalized cargo most of their issues will be gone and can finish gameplay part at least tech wise becase they still need to balance it and produce some content though quanta will handle a lot of that.

Myobi

Liturgist
There is no other developer that would allow its engineers to sit on a hard problem for years maybe even decade. Only one close to this that i know was Evans from MM team at Sony which produce signed distance field engine and MM is very small team so their burn rate of $$$ wasn't high and they already made fat stacks of money for Sony for them to sit 10 years without releasing new game.

“Please guys, keep throwing money at me, I’ll solve world hunger… eventually, trust me.”

My dude, sitting on a problem for decades at the expense of misled gullible fools, without anything to show for after all these years, isn’t exactly bragging material.

Also, “because others aren’t doing it!” doesn’t necessarily translate into you being special, at least not in a good way.

Drop Duck

Learned
My dude, sitting on a problem for decades at the expense of misled gullible fools, without anything to show for after all these years, isn’t exactly bragging material.
Sitting on a mountain made out of their money for decades does give you bragging rights though. Especially when they continue throwing their money your way instead of spending it wisely on other things and them still defending you online in their spare time.

abija

Prophet
You actually expect more "massive" fps action than in pubg/fortnite and their ilk?
Tech to solve mmo/fps latency problems... rofl.

Perkel

Arcane
You actually expect more "massive" fps action than in pubg/fortnite and their ilk?
Tech to solve mmo/fps latency problems... rofl.

Just introducing multiplayer like co-op is a problem, 10s of people is huge problem, 100s of people is current limit of mmos and games and you are talking about singular games as usually all mmos instancing is far far far more stingy about player count.

Double that problem if your game tries to be something more than painting with roll dices. Say you want to simulate stuff like ballistics, huge open world, many systems to interact etc.

And now SC. They want 10 000s of players without any instancing playing together with AAA graphics with simulations and so on.

In order to solve that problem they had to basically research online tech and design something that was not yet even once tried by anyone. They are basically charting roads here for everyone else.

And it is not problem that is "solved". At any point there might be some problem coming up that will not be solvable without complete rework basically sinking their whole ship.

So yes it is massive problem that requires new tech to solve.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom