Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Naraya

Arcane
I honestly don't understand the point of Q.A. testers, these days.
The job of QA team is to find the bug. Will it be fixed is out of scope, but now it can be added to neverending and forever expanding "known issues" list that customers should (at least in theory) read.

Myobi

Liturgist
2rahhfx465891.jpg

Placeholder Tech 2.0 when?!? This will be a game changer my bois...

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
>"Is there a reason why a complete product should happen after 20 years of development"

THE
ULTIMATE
STATE

I mean, it's been more than ten years already. Ten years from now = 20 years. I can't even.

This is longer than it took to even think of the apollo mission til the day we walked on the moon. It's longer than it took to develop nukes.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
>"Is there a reason why a complete product should happen after 20 years of development"

THE
ULTIMATE
STATE

I mean, it's been more than ten years already. Ten years from now = 20 years. I can't even.

If you don't get a game you've invested an unreasonable amount of money into during your natural lifetime, you can leave it to your children and grandchildren to enjoy.

Which comes first: Star Citizen or companies like SpaceX making space travel a real thing you don't need games for?

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If you don't get a game you've invested an unreasonable amount of money into during your natural lifetime, you can leave it to your children and grandchildren to enjoy.

Which comes first: Star Citizen or companies like SpaceX making space travel a real thing you don't need games for?

Space travel as in, visiting another planet, might not happen in our lifetimes. But just space travel as in "I visited space and saw the earth from above" it's already a thing if you're wealthy enough. It's happened before and they're going to do it again :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_tourism

Modron

Arcane
When did they first start making Star Sector anyways? All I know in the last 3-4 years it moved from .92 to .95.

Üstad

Arcane
When did they first start making Star Sector anyways? All I know in the last 3-4 years it moved from .92 to .95.
Since 2010, it become what it is several years ago though and it's developed by just one dude. Compared to Startsector, Star Citizen is a pyramid scheme.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Isn't the point of a democracy, representative democracy, or republic to have the citizens directly or indirectly decide upon what laws they want rather than an oligarchy picking and choosing for them?
I think it became evident even to the Ancient Greeks in a pretty short time how broken representative democracy really was.

One amusing story:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ns-out-if-enough-people-didnt-them-180976138/

The ancient writer Plutarch tells us that the final ostracism took place in 416 B.C. when political rivals Alcibiades and Nicias, realizing they were both facing ostracism, teamed up to turn the votes of their fellow citizens against another candidate, Hyperbolus, who was banished. The outcome apparently disgusted enough Athenians that the practice ended.

justincz

Scholar
Isn't the point of a democracy, representative democracy, or republic to have the citizens directly or indirectly decide upon what laws they want rather than an oligarchy picking and choosing for them?
I think it became evident even to the Ancient Greeks in a pretty short time how broken representative democracy really was.

One amusing story:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ns-out-if-enough-people-didnt-them-180976138/

The ancient writer Plutarch tells us that the final ostracism took place in 416 B.C. when political rivals Alcibiades and Nicias, realizing they were both facing ostracism, teamed up to turn the votes of their fellow citizens against another candidate, Hyperbolus, who was banished. The outcome apparently disgusted enough Athenians that the practice ended.
"democracy" has always been biased by the people in power, its only a matter of controlling opinion thru media. you dont think this is still going on? the election in the US has been a joke since Kennedy. and he was killed by them.
in recent years 9/11 has been the biggest lie told to mankind. anyone who have looked at the evidence knows this.

i just felt like a game company thought it was important to show their customers their opinion on abortion was funny.

MichaelB

Literate
Is Squadron 42 out yet? They finished it like eight years ago.
Splatoon 42
That was direct democracy, silly. But there was a smol rotating parliament.(just envision)

Ostracism was not a necessary or defining component of (direct) democracy. And it's not that simple. There were sound arguments made in defense of some benevolent intuitions behind it - not necessarily the institution as it existed.
Thanks for your time and understanding, Star Citizen Comrade!
Star Comrade. Zero funds raised form anyone, and actually gets released in time.
Impossible. Democracy is when my mom, who works for Lockheed Martin, decides what's right and wrong, and then people either embrace it or get destroyed.
And when I, a strong woman, have easy access to mating with random people for fun. Infrastructure for this needs to exist, there needs to be medical procedures available in case something goes wrong, laws made accordingly, culture of pairbonding needs to be demolished if it existed in first place; people need to be shamed into seeing such behaviour as default; and there needs to be a steady supply of affection-deprived men so that my ugly ass is seen as something of value. Its either all of these, or I'm not treated as a human being and UN intervenes. Sweetie.

Perkel

Arcane
3.17.2 adds planetary navmeshing for npcs which means npcs now can walk around planet.
Thanks to this CIG added enemy dropships to missions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom