Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
Ok the way I can explain it to you is that the render thread isn't so much removed as it is replaced into a bunch of commands that the API can run, these are executed on the main thread. Thus its giving you the benefit of a single-threaded renderer but with the performance benefits of a multi-threaded one, as I understand though it's limited to Directx12 and Vulkan because of its hardware-specific requirements to pull off. I wouldn't necessarily say their engine development is on point though, just better than Unity and CryTek's lol. Its not as good as Epic but that's not necessarily a bad thing. At least someone knows what they're doing I don't know about their art guys as evidenced by the poor frame rates, like yeah they can make good looking stuff but is it optimized? clearly not.

From this interview dude says that CIG never did any optimization pass. Most of improvements are just implementation of new tech without optimization pass. Optimization pass will happen after they will implement new renderer and vulcan.
He did say in video that 3.18 is target not 100% promise.
Considering all the cash his pocketing, it's about time the man pays himself for some firearms training, because he has been missing all his "targets" since the fucking start.
Graphic side of engine dev never really were late to any points they promised. Pretty much they never talked about any goals and delivered improvements over the years without much fanfare.

Chunkyman

Augur
This sounds jokey but I think Star Citizen will be in development longer than Grimoire took. These people make Cleve look timely.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane

Perkel

Arcane
This sounds jokey but I think Star Citizen will be in development longer than Grimoire took. These people make Cleve look timely.
https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/Upcoming_features (kek, Fire Extinguisher Tech)

Soon TM
They work for a good while on systemic fire that will be actually be able to spread realistically. People will be able to vent out air as well as use this fire extinguisher).

This is part of engineering gameplay they work on.

ADL

Prophet
You dumb cunts will complain about anything. Go watch Star Trek and count the number of times a fire extinguisher makes an appearance in a single episode. You're flying a ship full of electrical systems and fuel.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You dumb cunts will complain about anything. Go watch Star Trek and count the number of times a fire extinguisher makes an appearance in a single episode. You're flying a ship full of electrical systems and fuel.
I can't play any video games because they didn't model fire suppression or any other safety systems appropriately. It just kills it for me. Thank God CIG is coming to save the day!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They can vacuum the fire out the airlock.

Lambach

Arcane

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've made fun of this totally-real-game-and-not-a-scam-at-all before but now shit just got serious.

My number one gripe with literally every game ever, from Pong to Baldur's Gate 3, is how unbalanced the fire extinguisher felt. Glad CIG is giving it the attention it deserves, no doubt opening another studio to handle fire extinguisher mechanics. Naturally, this will delay the game another 14 months but it's Well Worth It®

Perkel

Arcane
funding as of today. They should beat 100mil this year in single year. At this rate with some little growth they should hit 1 BIL in 3-4 years.

omawt46yt3x91.png

close to ship walls sure. But inside ship ? People also won't be in EVA suits all the time. Then again airlocks themselves could be damaged. Image Enterprise going down because someone didn't bring fire ex.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Yeah, right. It was in two Star Trek episodes so it's perfectly good to spend hundreds of work hours on this. Certainly, this won't delay the game by adding another completely irrelevant feature noone bothered to asked for in the first place.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, right. It was in two Star Trek episodes so it's perfectly good to spend hundreds of work hours on this. Certainly, this won't delay the game by adding another completely irrelevant feature noone bothered to asked for in the first place.

?

Engineering gameplay was always on table as it was one of the core jobs they promised to deliver. SC jobs were always to be something more than clicking at ui whatever it is scanning, turrets, piloting, trading etc.

Peachcurl

Cipher

?

Engineering gameplay was always on table as it was one of the core jobs they promised to deliver. SC jobs were always to be something more than clicking at ui whatever it is scanning, turrets, piloting, trading etc.
So you think fire extinguishers are a reasonable feature to spend significant time on, for a project which consistently fails all deadlines?

I really hope the toilet plumbing engineering feature will be implemented next. That needs some serious physics simulation, too.

Perkel

Arcane

?

So you think fire extinguishers are a reasonable feature to spend significant time on, for a project which consistently fails all deadlines?

I really hope the toilet plumbing engineering feature will be implemented next. That needs some serious physics simulation, too.

Yes ? What they are supposed to do ? Call current game 1.0 and release it ? It is feature that they need for 1.0. They are doing what they promised.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
funding as of today. They should beat 100mil this year in single year. At this rate with some little growth they should hit 1 BIL in 3-4 years.

omawt46yt3x91.png

close to ship walls sure. But inside ship ? People also won't be in EVA suits all the time. Then again airlocks themselves could be damaged. Image Enterprise going down because someone didn't bring fire ex.
Connect vacuum cleaner to airlock, vacuum out fire.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Hey guys I got hold of a leaked test demo for the fire extinguishers and venting to space

KUw241C.png

(I know the rockmen don't actually use extinguishers but it was the first decent image I found)

I apologise in advance if this inspires the developers to add different races to the game and push the release date back another 19 years

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom