Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

I 100% understand your point. I think they need to do some "bait and switch" on a lot of their previous bad ideas too. It's time to say "Yeah, I know you backed this but the scope of the project as well as the industry standard has changed. The best use of your investment is to adapt so that we can meet those new standards."
... but "MMOs" are not really standard, they are kind of a dying breed if you ask me, too risky of an massive investment, the original plan was far more doable, it would be done by now, and it could pave the way for bigger projects such as the MMO or whatever the fuck.

I don't think MMOs can't exist in this day and age. You can get enough people not only to feel like there is a big virtual community on a server, but enough people to fund continual development of the game. I think the main issue is that suits want to chase maximum profit as quickly as possible. They wanted WoW numbers right off the bat when WoW had already achieved market saturation and no game could possibly get numbers that high. Even still, MMOs could build up enough of a playerbase to remain profitable but suits didn't want wait. Shareholders don't care about making money over the next ten years. They want their money the next quarter. So you saw the usual WoW killer story of a new MMO being hyped up and everyone checking it out at launch and most leave but a respectable population remains but the publisher slashes the budget for continued development and then the population bleeds rather than builds until the game is shuttered. Nowadays the path of least resistance for suits is to fund a hundred cheap mobile games and hope one of them becomes the next Angry Birds or Clash of Clans or whatever.

A few months back it was announced that the Riot/League of Legends/Runeterra MMO's development was being rebooted, apparently because it was too much of a WoW clone. Personally while I agree from an artistic point of view I'd like to see new things, I think there would be enough people out there who would be content to play a WoW clone but with League aesthetics and settings to keep that MMO profitable and fund continued development. At some point you have to shit or get off the pot and time will tell whether or not they should have just gone with what they had.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Still plenty of whales spending tons of money. The tide is slowly turning, but it's going to be a while yet.

When you talk to people in-game, you realise that spending extra money on new ships isn't some optional thing that some people do. For many people, it's an integral part of the game. They talk about buying better ships as if it's just something they expect everyone to do regularly. I mean, just look at this motherfucker:

https://www.reddit.com/user/pm_me_good_dd/

He lost his girlfriend because he couldn't stop buying ships in SC. They were saving up for a house deposit together and the motherfucker spent it all on digital spaceships, then argued with people on reddit who told him that he's fucked up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CreditCards/comments/1bokcby/61k_in_credit_debt_with_no_end_in_sight/

Regulary posts about how deeply in debt he is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CreditCards/comments/1bokcby/61k_in_credit_debt_with_no_end_in_sight/

Still buying bullshit for SC, though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/1ch97x2/comment/l211z7j/

These are the whales keeping Roberts in business and they're going to keep him rolling in cash for a long time yet, because the game preys on people who are shit with money.

Elite was also "doable" and they did it in said time. Somehow it is not Elite that is raking in money but alpha of 12 year old in the making broken game.

There are several factors as to why SC is more popular than Elite. I think a big one is aesthetic appeal. In Elite, all of the spaceships IMO look unattractive and have the same general aesthetic. If you think one Elite ship looks ugly then chances are none of them will look good to you. Same goes for the space stations you hang out at. Star Citizen ships however not only look generally cooler but you get several different series of ships withe different art directions. You have boxy, utilitarian looking Original Trilogy esque ships like Drake. You have space military hardware with Anvil if you want something that looks like a real life jet. Aegis if you want something from Halo. Then you have Origin ships which look like comfy sportscars or yachts, and there isn't really any comparison I can think of. And then you have the Xian ships which look like those cool rotating cockpit spaceships at the beginning of the Lost in Space reboot movie. Etc. There are Star Wars hoverbikes, but also sleel hoverbikes that look like a modern Kawasaki motorbike, and there are also dunebuggies and NASA rovers. Etc. And for cities there are Bladerunner factory hellscapes like Hurston, or Coruscant city planets or ArcCorp, or the comfier snow city of New Babbage, or the floating shipyards or Orison. It's easier to find something that looks appealing to you.

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice
I 100% understand your point. I think they need to do some "bait and switch" on a lot of their previous bad ideas too. It's time to say "Yeah, I know you backed this but the scope of the project as well as the industry standard has changed. The best use of your investment is to adapt so that we can meet those new standards."
... but "MMOs" are not really standard, they are kind of a dying breed if you ask me, too risky of an massive investment, the original plan was far more doable, it would be done by now, and it could pave the way for bigger projects such as the MMO or whatever the fuck.

I don't think MMOs can't exist in this day and age. You can get enough people not only to feel like there is a big virtual community on a server, but enough people to fund continual development of the game. I think the main issue is that suits want to chase maximum profit as quickly as possible. They wanted WoW numbers right off the bat when WoW had already achieved market saturation and no game could possibly get numbers that high. Even still, MMOs could build up enough of a playerbase to remain profitable but suits didn't want wait. Shareholders don't care about making money over the next ten years. They want their money the next quarter. So you saw the usual WoW killer story of a new MMO being hyped up and everyone checking it out at launch and most leave but a respectable population remains but the publisher slashes the budget for continued development and then the population bleeds rather than builds until the game is shuttered. Nowadays the path of least resistance for suits is to fund a hundred cheap mobile games and hope one of them becomes the next Angry Birds or Clash of Clans or whatever.

A few months back it was announced that the Riot/League of Legends/Runeterra MMO's development was being rebooted, apparently because it was too much of a WoW clone. Personally while I agree from an artistic point of view I'd like to see new things, I think there would be enough people out there who would be content to play a WoW clone but with League aesthetics and settings to keep that MMO profitable and fund continued development. At some point you have to shit or get off the pot and time will tell whether or not they should have just gone with what they had.

MMOs of yore were a product of their time. They were never mechanically deep or complex games but rather very social experiences. They were born in an era before social media and enjoyed by a generation far more sociable than we have now. The age of MMOs, as we knew them, is long dead. You may have small-scale games such as WoW, a game full of instances, menu navigations, and raid finder parties masquerading as an MMO, but it really isn't one. And it has not been one for a long time.

Once you strip the social element from an MMO, it relies upon mechanics alone. And those are often found wanting. People are desperate for an MMO, or a return to glory, a chance to relive what has long past. You see it with profit-turning games like New World. NW was not an MMO, nor was it good, but it paid for itself several times over, and people purchased it for the letters MMO.

EVE is really the only true MMO out there. People hope that SC becomes a better version of EVE. That remains to be seen.

Still plenty of whales spending tons of money. The tide is slowly turning, but it's going to be a while yet.

When you talk to people in-game, you realise that spending extra money on new ships isn't some optional thing that some people do. For many people, it's an integral part of the game. They talk about buying better ships as if it's just something they expect everyone to do regularly. I mean, just look at this motherfucker:

https://www.reddit.com/user/pm_me_good_dd/

He lost his girlfriend because he couldn't stop buying ships in SC. They were saving up for a house deposit together and the motherfucker spent it all on digital spaceships, then argued with people on reddit who told him that he's fucked up.

Regulary posts about how deeply in debt he is:

Still buying bullshit for SC, though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/1ch97x2/comment/l211z7j/

These are the whales keeping Roberts in business and they're going to keep him rolling in cash for a long time yet, because the game preys on people who are shit with money.

The tide isn't turning, and your awkward fascination with this one individual and his poor spending habits isn't an indication of a general shift in tone either. SC has, and continues to, break funding records every year. And it has only done better in recent years due to the death of the MMO industry. 3.18 was rough, but it bounced back hard and broke even more records. Nobody is going to stop spending.

You say "spending money on ships isn't optional," which is complete nonsense. The starter package, priced at $40, is the only "mandatory" purchase to play the game. It is most certainly optional. The "best" and most "meta" ships are priced under 2 million aUEC, which can be earned in one session, especially for combat roles. The only "trend" that is turning is the perceived taboo of spending real-life money on virtual products in games. People spend just as much, if not more, on skins in AAA shooters such as CoD or Fortnite. In fact, the most purchased version of recent CoD games is priced at $100, and people are opting for the $100 version over the $70 version. When I played WoW, people were paying me upwards of $500 for Hero of The Alliance titles, and as much as $800 for Gladiator titles. And all I did was "pilot" their character to a high rank because they were too bad to do it themselves. People will spend money on virtual products.

People will always be bad with their money. What, precsiely, does that have to do with Star Citizen? People in the firearms hobby now are spending over $2k on optics, $10k on NVGS, $6k on uppers, $1k on supressors. The list goes on. The urethene dumbell set I ordered from Rogue Fitness cost me over $8k and that was just one thing for my home gym. How about table top games? Warhammer models aren't cheap either. Armies in that game can rack up significant costs and a single Titan can be almost 1k. Welcome to a world where people have money and want to spend it on the things they want, whether it's virtual spaceships, in-game currency, plastic toys, collectible cards, or exercise equipment.

I assure you, far more people ruin their lives with frivolous spending on things other than Star Citizen. Gambling, substances, and poor investments far, far outweigh what one or two very cherry-picked scenarios you have uncovered while reading Reddit.

When you bring up the "price" people spend on Star Citizen, you only impress the losers on the SC Refunds subreddit. It's such low-hanging fruit, and nobody cares anymore, and it just makes you seem like a poor, bitter person who wishes they could have money to piss away on a hobby. Get better material; it isn't hard to find when it comes to disparaging the product.

That being said, I am buying every single new ship and new chip concept at Invictus in a few weeks. No matter the cost. And it's optional.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
I assure you, far more people ruin their lives with frivolous spending on things other than Star Citizen. Gambling, substances, and poor investments far, far outweigh what one or two very cherry-picked scenarios you have uncovered while reading Reddit.
It's called addiction, expect we got laws and regulations that cover most, however, video games as they are, being a relative new thing... not as much, this bring us to the good old "I don't want government dick in my games.... but...", which already started and might just get worse as companies keep trying to squeeze more and more money out of such problems.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
You say "spending money on ships isn't optional," which is complete nonsense.

No wonder you fell for Star Citizen. You can barely comprehend what you're reading.

I said that for many Star Cultizens, buying new ships is expected behavior. They don't treat it like it's optional.

Learn to read better and maybe you won't end up crying about people criticising a scam that you fell for, you fucking weirdo.

People spend just as much, if not more, on skins in AAA shooters such as CoD or Fortnite.

Those people are fucking morons too.

Perkel

Arcane
I said that for many Star Cultizens, buying new ships is expected behavior. They don't treat it like it's optional.

I disagree. In-game prices of ships are perfectly doable if you actually play the game. They do push those sales and do marketing around them but it never feels like you need to.

For an example if you want to buy an upgrade over the starter ship you need to shell out around 1 000 000 auec. That's around 50 illegal monitor missions which you can do in around 5 minutes each. 5x50. That's 4.1 hour. IF you want to go straight to medium ship that's around 1,5-2mil which is around 8 hours. Big multicrew ship like Constelation Taurus is like 3,5 mil which is around up to 15 hours of grinding that mission type. Annoying but doable and moreover we are talking about multicrew ship that flying alone is kind of meh. If you have a friend or two you can pool money so that divides time quickly. And that illegal monitor mission type is not even paying the most money per time.

CIG does occasionally wipes but they are rare these days. I don't understand why someone would buy ship with real money other than pledge actual support. It's like paying to skip playing game...

edit:

in fact current 3.22 is so broken that people can make few millions per hour just working on someone else ship doing salvage. This patch cycle as long as you played few hours and were not stupid you could buy all the ships.

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice
You say "spending money on ships isn't optional," which is complete nonsense.

No wonder you fell for Star Citizen. You can barely comprehend what you're reading.

Learn to read better and maybe you won't end up crying about people criticising a scam that you fell for, you fucking weirdo.

People spend just as much, if not more, on skins in AAA shooters such as CoD or Fortnite.

Those people are fucking morons too.

I can comprehend reading just fine. I tend to just gloss over the ramblings of retards in general. As one should.

Next time present a more reasonable argument that isn't ripped straight from Reddit which basically amounts to seething at the reality not all people in this world live in squalor and actually have a large amount of disposable income to spend on things. What you consider, expensive others consider trivial. I'll let you rub your remaining neurons together to deduce which bracket I'm in. But, to dismantle your weak argument, which I am sure is as weak as the savings in your bank account, I am going to address a few things.

The overwhelming majority, based on metrics from CIG themselves, is that over 80% of the player population is under the concierge rank, which is a minimum entry of $1,000 USD. So if you're capable of doing math, which I would not hold it against you if you aren't since that is a prerequisite to obtaining disposable income, means that only 20% of the player base has spent $1,000 or more on the product. Now if we go even higher, to say, Legatus, which is $20k and over, you have less than one percent. Which is also confirmed by CIG. So no, not very "many Star Citizens" consider buying new ships to be expected behavior. Only bitter, poor onlookers wishing they could afford more than a pot to piss in such as yourself do. Like I said, the money argument is a weak one, you can find a lot more things to criticize the product over. Well, maybe you cannot. But others surely can.

Learn to work hard, practice, and get better at what you do. And worry less about what others spend their disposable income on and work towards acquiring your own. You may suddenly find that living paycheck to paycheck isn't anyone else's fault but your own. Weirdo.

It's called addiction, expect we got laws and regulations that cover most, however, video games as they are, being a relative new thing... not as much, this bring us to the good old "I don't want government dick in my games.... but...", which already started and might just get worse as companies keep trying to squeeze more and more money out of such problems.

I agree with you 100%. It is why I avoid certain games altogether. The people I've met in MMOs throughout the years have spoken clear as day to what you have just said. If they weren't so pathetic I'd feel bad for them.

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I can comprehend reading just fine. I tend to just gloss over the ramblings of retards in general. As one should.

Next time present a more reasonable argument that isn't ripped straight from Reddit which basically amounts to seething at the reality not all people in this world live in squalor and actually have a large amount of disposable income to spend on things. What you consider, expensive others consider trivial. I'll let you rub your remaining neurons together to deduce which bracket I'm in. But, to dismantle your weak argument, which I am sure is as weak as the savings in your bank account, I am going to address a few things.

The overwhelming majority, based on metrics from CIG themselves, is that over 80% of the player population is under the concierge rank, which is a minimum entry of $1,000 USD. So if you're capable of doing math, which I would not hold it against you if you aren't since that is a prerequisite to obtaining disposable income, means that only 20% of the player base has spent $1,000 or more on the product. Now if we go even higher, to say, Legatus, which is $20k and over, you have less than one percent. Which is also confirmed by CIG. So no, not very "many Star Citizens" consider buying new ships to be expected behavior. Only bitter, poor onlookers wishing they could afford more than a pot to piss in such as yourself do. Like I said, the money argument is a weak one, you can find a lot more things to criticize the product over. Well, maybe you cannot. But others surely can.

Learn to work hard, practice, and get better at what you do. And worry less about what others spend their disposable income on and work towards acquiring your own. You may suddenly find that living paycheck to paycheck isn't anyone else's fault but your own. Weirdo.

My man. It has nothing to with being rich or poor. I have plenty of disposable income to invest in my hobbies. You criticise the state of Star Citizen yourself. It's not a point of pride that you're buying every single ship and ship jpeg for a barely functional tech demo that is still nowhere near release 12 years in. You're just announcing that you're bad with money.

If you want to buy fictional ships for a lag simulator, then go ahead. Nobody here is stopping you. The post that you're crying about wasn't even referencing you. You just felt called out because that post of mine hit a bit too close to home for you.

Now shut the fuck up and go look at your jpegs, you whiny bitch.

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice

My man. It has nothing to with being rich or poor. I have plenty of disposable income to invest in my hobbies. You criticise the state of Star Citizen yourself. It's not a point of pride that you're buying every single ship and ship jpeg for a barely functional tech demo that is still nowhere near release 12 years in. You're just announcing that you're bad with money.

If you want to buy fictional ships for a lag simulator, then go ahead. Nobody here is stopping you. The post that you're crying about wasn't even referencing you. You just felt called out because that post of mine hit a bit too close to home for you.

Now shut the fuck up and go look at your jpegs, you whiny bitch.

You cannot claim it has nothing to do with people's wealth when the only thing you hone in on is people's spending habits. It was the entire core of your argument. Your argument then continued into outright fallacies with zero basis other than a user on Reddit you obsessively looked up like a jaded ex-girlfriend. Your behavior did not stop there though; you continued by claiming that the majority of players in SC are compelled to buy ships when the metrics released by CIG do not even support that weak argument. I did not feel called out, but rather obligated to point out just how stupid you are. Which I did, but you made that easy.

I'll look at my JPEGs, buy more, and continue to laugh at you and your very obvious poverty. You peasant.

Anyway, since I'm done hurling shit down on you from my ivory tower, I'm going to talk about a major change announced in the last SCL, which was that they're moving away from the bed logging concept and to a more traditional log-in/log-out system. This, along with even more abstract design decisions, speaks volumes toward them moving to a more game-oriented design instead of the unattainable high-fidelity nonsense as before. Anything that removes tedium is excellent in my book.

https://youtu.be/nyl6SquV4rY?si=vrm4wYTQJ7fLxSD5

53:00 in.

Last edited:

Tommy Gun

Arcane
"Next time present a more reasonable argument that isn't ripped straight from Reddit which basically amounts to seething at the reality not all people in this world live in squalor and actually have a large amount of disposable income to spend on things. What you consider, expensive others consider trivial. I'll let you rub your remaining neurons together to deduce which bracket I'm in. But, to dismantle your weak argument, which I am sure is as weak as the savings in your bank account, I am going to address a few things."

Listen to me, peasant.
I have more cash than you.
That means you are wrong.

Now I will proclaim my truth and you must agree god damn it!

Myobi

Liturgist
Finally some good fucking entertainment in this thread. I highly approve of Mr Richie Rich methods here, 9/10 IGN, rudimentary Idrisless creatures of blood and flesh, you touch his mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding. ... he is beyond your comprehension, he is Legatus.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
You cannot claim it has nothing to do with people's wealth when the only thing you hone in on is people's spending habits. It was the entire core of your argument. Your argument then continued into outright fallacies with zero basis other than a user on Reddit you obsessively looked up like a jaded ex-girlfriend. Your behavior did not stop there though; you continued by claiming that the majority of players in SC are compelled to buy ships when the metrics released by CIG do not even support that weak argument. I did not feel called out, but rather obligated to point out just how stupid you are. Which I did, but you made that easy.

I'll look at my JPEGs, buy more, and continue to laugh at you and your very obvious poverty. You peasant.

Anyway, since I'm done hurling shit down on you from my ivory tower, I'm going to talk about a major change announced in the last SCL, which was that they're moving away from the bed logging concept and to a more traditional log-in/log-out system. This, along with even more abstract design decisions, speaks volumes toward them moving to a more game-oriented design instead of the unattainable high-fidelity nonsense as before. Anything that removes tedium is excellent in my book.

Man, you really are bad at this. Criticising people buying dumb shit has nothing to do with being rich or poor. A poor man can recognise when someone is wasting money, as can a billionaire. Jeff Bezos didn't get rich by buying imaginary spaceships in a doomed videogame. That you can afford to waste your money on imaginary spaceships (and spaceship jpegs) in a game that is still in pre-alpha after 12 years and is unlikely to ever come out, doesn't make you not a dumb fuck who can't recognise when he's throwing money in a black hole.

I reiterate, my post that got you so worked up wasn't even directed at you. I wasn't only quoting or responding to you. You got so offended by a post not even referring to you directly, that your sphincter not only cut your Star Citizen dildo in half, but you went on a whole tirade where the core of your argument is "I am (allegedly) richer than you, therefore I am right". It really shows how close my post hit to home for you that you're taking it this hard.

When you go cry about it to your mother tonight, make sure to apologize for making her carry you in her womb for 9 months, ripping open her vagina with your watermelon head, and then turning out like this.

Elite was also "doable" and they did it in said time. Somehow it is not Elite that is raking in money but alpha of 12 year old in the making broken game.

There are several factors as to why SC is more popular than Elite. I think a big one is aesthetic appeal. In Elite, all of the spaceships IMO look unattractive and have the same general aesthetic. If you think one Elite ship looks ugly then chances are none of them will look good to you. Same goes for the space stations you hang out at. Star Citizen ships however not only look generally cooler but you get several different series of ships withe different art directions. You have boxy, utilitarian looking Original Trilogy esque ships like Drake. You have space military hardware with Anvil if you want something that looks like a real life jet. Aegis if you want something from Halo. Then you have Origin ships which look like comfy sportscars or yachts, and there isn't really any comparison I can think of. And then you have the Xian ships which look like those cool rotating cockpit spaceships at the beginning of the Lost in Space reboot movie. Etc. There are Star Wars hoverbikes, but also sleel hoverbikes that look like a modern Kawasaki motorbike, and there are also dunebuggies and NASA rovers. Etc. And for cities there are Bladerunner factory hellscapes like Hurston, or Coruscant city planets or ArcCorp, or the comfier snow city of New Babbage, or the floating shipyards or Orison. It's easier to find something that looks appealing to you.

I'm not reading all that but Star Citizen is more popular than Elite: Dangerous because E:D simply isn't fun. The devs have resisted fun at every step of development and even looked for ways to make the game less fun.

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice
"Next time present a more reasonable argument that isn't ripped straight from Reddit which basically amounts to seething at the reality not all people in this world live in squalor and actually have a large amount of disposable income to spend on things. What you consider, expensive others consider trivial. I'll let you rub your remaining neurons together to deduce which bracket I'm in. But, to dismantle your weak argument, which I am sure is as weak as the savings in your bank account, I am going to address a few things."

Listen to me, peasant.
I have more cash than you.
That means you are wrong.

Now I will proclaim my truth and you must agree god damn it!

Isn't that how the world has always worked? You have those who shit and those who get shit upon. I prefer to be he who shits.

Finally some good fucking entertainment in this thread. I highly approve of Mr Richie Rich methods here, 9/10 IGN, rudimentary Idrisless creatures of blood and flesh, you touch his mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding. ... he is beyond your comprehension, he is Legatus.

What can I say? From time to time I enjoy punching down on the poors. I'll buy you a copy of the game and let you gun the Idris. I promise. We'll shoot poor people together as they leave their hangers in their pitiful starter ships in a vulgar display of power. Those hippies on Microtech will tell tales of our adventures.

Man, you really are bad at this. Criticising people buying dumb shit has nothing to do with being rich or poor. A poor man can recognise when someone is wasting money, as can a billionaire. Jeff Bezos didn't get rich by buying imaginary spaceships in a doomed videogame. That you can afford to waste your money on imaginary spaceships (and spaceship jpegs) in a game that is still in pre-alpha after 12 years and is unlikely to ever come out, doesn't make you not a dumb fuck who can't recognise when he's throwing money in a black hole.

I reiterate, my post that got you so worked up wasn't even directed at you. I wasn't only quoting or responding to you. You got so offended by a post not even referring to you directly, that your sphincter not only cut your Star Citizen dildo in half, but you went on a whole tirade where the core of your argument is "I am (allegedly) richer than you, therefore I am right". It really shows how close my post hit to home for you that you're taking it this hard.

When you go cry about it to your mother tonight, make sure to apologize for making her carry you in her womb for 9 months, ripping open her vagina with your watermelon head, and then turning out like this.

Could you speak up? I cannot hear your impotent rage from all the way down there in the favella in which you reside.

I'm not reading all that but Star Citizen is more popular than Elite: Dangerous because E:D simply isn't fun. The devs have resisted fun at every step of development and even looked for ways to make the game less fun.

ED also has no real future and the offline mode really did it in too. It's hard to have a long lasting multiplayer experience with stakes when you can just do everything offline free from danger.

SC has held their ground against carebears but I am quite sure we will get a system like EVE with high sec and low sec divides.

Myobi

Liturgist
What can I say? From time to time I enjoy punching down on the poors. I'll buy you a copy of the game and let you gun the Idris. I promise. We'll shoot poor people together as they leave their hangers in their pitiful starter ships in a vulgar display of power. Those hippies on Microtech will tell tales of our adventures.

I don't know what I've done to you and Perkel, for both of you to wish such pain and suffering upon me.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Could you speak up? I cannot hear your impotent rage from all the way down there in the favella in which you reside.

YAWN. Jeff Bezos from Wish, etc.

Spend your money on a worthwhile hobby that isn't going to implode in the next decade. I recommend tarantulas. They're pretty fucking cool and some of the rarer species are quite expensive, so you can still live out your Richie Rich fantasies and flex on people without tarantulas or who only keep cheaper, more common species.

Perkel

Arcane

YAWN. Jeff Bezos from Wish, etc.

Spend your money on a worthwhile hobby that isn't going to implode in the next decade. I recommend tarantulas. They're pretty fucking cool and some of the rarer species are quite expensive, so you can still live out your Richie Rich fantasies and flex on people without tarantulas or who only keep cheaper, more common species.

He already did

:deadtroll:

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Class war on the 'dex. Never thought I'd see it. Thought this place would be a reprieve from it, even. We're so inundated with it, everywhere. God damn the bourgeoisie!!

Everywhere I go, it's :keepmymoney:VS:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Myobi

Liturgist
Class war on the 'dex. Never thought I'd see it. Thought this place would be a reprieve from it, even. We're so inundated with it, everywhere. God damn the bourgeoisie!!

Everywhere I go, it's :keepmymoney:VS:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
Probably the best and most honest argument you had around here... and none of them are even really wrong about it ;D

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
This is my hangar's value from the CC game. I don't have many more ships left to buy in the game, actually. You save a ton using the CCU game.

wMF2jR1.png
You spent 30k on ships in a subscription based game that is not yet fully functional and will stop working the moment the servers are pulled off?

Modron

Arcane
You spent 30k on ships in a subscription based game that is not yet fully functional and will stop working the moment the servers are pulled off?
It's called investing okay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom