Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Score up to $500 by designing RPG Codex' Corporate Branding (Logo & Business Cards) Competition

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
You know someone is about to get royally screwed if the RPG codex ever becomes a big popular place because 500$ is what they paid the guy who designed the rolling stones logo before they became famous

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
It's got what, 10 000 users or something? But I agree it's already earning them a fortune in ad revenue. Something around 100K each year or something.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
So that's it ?
That's what being done with my supporting money ?

Spending it on frivolities rewarding a stupid logo and a business card ?

Don't lose your soul, Codex, you already lost my money for the next year :rpgcodex:

The problem with branding last arose during Gamescom, where the press registration form had no problem with letting in "blogs and communities", but absolutely demanded an official letterhead. Since we didn't have one, we had to spend money on tickets (although the Codex Exclusive Coverage is worth it imho). So think of it as in investment in the future.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's a great idea and can't wait to get my Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter business card... :mrpresident:

... had to use The Donald to give a thumbs up since, well... it would be a little hard for me... :troll:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the Codex makes about $3k a year "profit". If we don't spend it sending people to extravagant overseas game conferences, or offer it as rewards, I do have to pay tax (28%) on that amount.
May I suggest spending it also on whores for users with over 10 000 posts? :codexisfor:

Fairfax

Arcane
I can't draw or anything, so I can't join the competition, but my suggestion would be to make a tribute to the best CRPG according to the codex:

codextroll1iqsgb.jpg

Someone could draw a codex troll that looks like the Nameless One on some orange background with other references.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You'd think that the 21st century would get us rid of business cards and corporate letterheads and other frivolous bullshit but of course not. What happened to personal identification through the sacred tradition of docking?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
RPG Codex > doesn't scale to your level
rpgcodex.net
Some kind of "fine print" line like "RPG Codex is owned and operated by" or words to that effect¹ "Greg Martin Enterprises Pty. Ltd."
ABN 59 115 337 534
There will be a generic email: somethinggeneric@rpgcodex.net
Don't know about phone number.
The phone number should go to a gay phone sex line.

Drowed

Arcane
ByEfqS7.jpg

Trying 'cause, why not. I don't have much spare time here on work, but as soon as I get home I will do something better.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm thinking of a Tim Curry-like devil from Legend in the :hmmm: pose.

Drowed

Arcane
Dat red. Is it made from all the dumbfuck tags joined together?
Picked the red from the dumbfuck tag from DarkUnderlord's posts/profile. So...
Close enough.

That's actually... good. Although I prefer the faded parchment look to the metallic background.

I do like to use faded parchments, but I don't think that it "fits" with the codex's theme/mood.

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Not a fan of the red, too much contrast with the rest, but that aside it looks good

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
:M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M
:M :M :M :M :M rpgcodex.net :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom