Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
6C1E021F6B29F30E340CAC27AA225A97E37B6E02

E799D1C74D3595D9E4718C096C708EB27E6F9AF1

ferratilis

Magister

Back in the days where Tom Clancy was still drawing breath and so "Tom Clancy's" games were still vaguely realistic. Poor bastard is probably turning in his grave.
Yes, unfortunately. This game is still impressive, especially with lighting, sound, even enemy AI is good. Most players who go for 100% stealth playthrough would not notice it, but if you get in a firefight, enemies take corners, peak and shoot, crouch to avoid getting shot, it's better than in most modern games tbh. Ubisoft will never be able to achieve the amazing run they had with first four games. It's a shame.

It's even more suprising when you think that Splinter Cell started development as a James Bond style game that was suppose to be an 'MGS2 killer." Thank god they took more inspirations from Looking Glass than Kojima, whew.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Back in the days where Tom Clancy was still drawing breath and so "Tom Clancy's" games were still vaguely realistic. Poor bastard is probably turning in his grave.
Yes, unfortunately. This game is still impressive, especially with lighting, sound, even enemy AI is good. Most players who go for 100% stealth playthrough would not notice it, but if you get in a firefight, enemies take corners, peak and shoot, crouch to avoid getting shot, it's better than in most modern games tbh. Ubisoft will never be able to achieve the amazing run they had with first four games. It's a shame.

It's even more suprising when you think that Splinter Cell started development as a James Bond style game that was suppose to be an 'MGS2 killer." Thank god they took more inspirations from Looking Glass than Kojima, whew.

I have a vague recollection Ubisoft had to tone it down because Clancy vetoed large parts of it? I even recall, dimly, that he was against the series' trademark combined NV/IR goggles until Ubisoft found a manufacturer who had produced a similar prototype - proving that is was a likely future technological development - and then promising to set the whole game 3-4 years in the future.

Splinter Cell was mindblowing for me when it came out. I had put maybe 150 hours into MGS2 and MGS2 just felt like complete shit as soon as I played Splinter Cell with it's free camera, mini-sandbox style and non-animu plot.

From memory, my only criticisms at the time were that a) the final "boss" was a bit weak mechanically and b) the DLC were clearly levels chopped from the main game. What did you think, in the year of our Lord 2021?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The Mirror of Galadriel for Age of Wonders, using Warlock Rules.

A very complex and detailed map, but not very dynamic since most of the enemy units are garrisons.

Umbar, city of the Corsairs, the first enemy HQ to fall:
ijtxHwq.jpg

Warlock Rules introduce some super units that have about double the stats of some lvl 3 and 4 basic units.
HDFQCBA.jpg

But they were corrupted by floozies and con-men, so a very hard battle became rather easy.
FKfikFb.jpg

ferratilis

Magister

I have a vague recollection Ubisoft had to tone it down because Clancy vetoed large parts of it? I even recall, dimly, that he was against the series' trademark combined NV/IR goggles until Ubisoft found a manufacturer who had produced a similar prototype - proving that is was a likely future technological development - and then promising to set the whole game 3-4 years in the future.

Splinter Cell was mindblowing for me when it came out. I had put maybe 150 hours into MGS2 and MGS2 just felt like complete shit as soon as I played Splinter Cell with it's free camera, mini-sandbox style and non-animu plot.

From memory, my only criticisms at the time were that a) the final "boss" was a bit weak mechanically and b) the DLC were clearly levels chopped from the main game. What did you think, in the year of our Lord 2021?
I'm still not done, there are two missions left, and then the DLC levels (that I haven't played before). I've played the game on PC before, but don't remember the final boss being mechanically weak, we'll see. I'll write something about the game on the "what games are you wasting time on" thread as soon as I finish. The only mission I really strugged with back then, and now as well, was the CIA HQ infiltration. Everything else was well balanced.

Actually, I have all the games in the series ready to play as part of a SC marathon. I even got two versions of Double Agent: the OG Xbox version (which is great and is a proper follow-up to Chaos Theory, basically Chaos Theory 2) and the 360 version (which was done by Ubisoft Shanghai when 360 was released and is so terrible that it should be erased from existence). I'll play them all, for science. :D

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Checking with Mobygames I see it's PS2 and X-Box only.

I've used PCSX 2. Mixing keyboard with mouse still didn't give me the aiming like in any native FPS, but I managed to finish it.
I've liked the mix of western and horror, plus main hero Jericho reminds me of some other character :M.

latest

The weapons feel good, especially the shotgun has got that oomph that makes it fun to use. We can choose good or bad path, when it comes to some characters. That gives us different powers, and at the end - the ending. I've finished it as a good undead cowboy. The variety of enemies is sufficent, starting from standard reapers who can can be killed rather quickly to flying banshees and banditos who use shotgun. I instantly recognized Jennifer Hale voice, who provides guidance through the whole story. The levels could be bigger, but the good art direction and combat make up for it. I liked the soundtrack as well. Overall I felt that just like Bloodrayne, the game feels like it was inspired by some comics and then used as a source material.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
unknown.png

Attila: Age of Charlemagne
aka Poor Man's Viking Invasion
aka ONE ENTIRE JABBERSLYTHE

20210813132238_1.jpg

WELCOME TO AENGELAND

unknown.png

Someone actually made an effort with these texts

A horse of course

Doing a final pass for music and adding a few extra lines here and there (forgot to mention Baldur's Gate Reloaded). Should be ready to upload within a week if all goes well.

7DyHSoO.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom