Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
A random collection of recentish stuff from my screenshot folder. Because I am such an upstanding young man these are lossy webps instead of lossless pngs, I'll name the games and I'll spoiler any images after the first for a game.

Someone complained a few (hundred?) pages back about people needlessly posting (enormous) lossless pngs and I felt a pang of shame so here's a tip: if you're sharing from imgur you can just change the url file extension from "png" to "webp" and the things are 10% of the size while looking pretty much identical.

Katana Zero. 10/10 for art, 8/10 for gameplay, 2/10 for plot

Dkb5Cqa.webp

MY4A8OJ.webp

uFoqbmS.webp

Deep Rock Galactic, which I'd never heard of but turned out to be a BOSS online co-op game:

6FtQMc0.webp

IdQ3Se9.webp

oumF1ih.webp

Endgame gear in Kingdom: Come Deliverance:

GAf2sxm.webp

An Deadfire NPC I'm sure I've seen before somewhere:

u1bLaIU.webp

A thought cabinet member in Disco Elysium that I really liked. Moralists are the in-universe centrists, patterned on the eurocrats that many otherwise great European countries still suffer. Could be considered a spoiler I suppose. I want to do a replay of this thing but the "Director's Cut" just sounds like a downgrade from the original release.

q8JMMjX.webp

The first of the Tomb Raider reboot games. Can't in good conscience recommend this one. There isn't actually a lot of "game" in it but it is fun if you're after a modern day Indiana Jones film but slightly more interactive and with considerably less charming characters. Despite the fact that it's a 2013 game it still looks really, really good in many places.

iWZkdDI.webp

YlpS8S4.webp

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
The first of the Tomb Raider reboot games. Can't in good conscience recommend this one. There isn't actually a lot of "game" in it but it is fun if you're after a modern day Indiana Jones film but slightly more interactive and with considerably less charming characters. Despite the fact that it's a 2013 game it still looks really, really good in many places.

Have to disagree here. I actually liked it more than the older TR games. It's a lot more visceral, and, unlike other TR titles, you're not spending most of your time looking for X key to unlock X area.

ferratilis

Magister
Pandora Tomorrow
tAfN8fT.png

ecuWf2J.png

wZX1shy.png

zGRlO9B.png

HFXFN5j.png

Cool part, where you have to stay in the light to avoid detection since the guards are wearing NV goggles.
W6KNlH4.png

PxgTGWj.png

vQaW6r0.png

One of the best missions in the entire series. Shame it's quite short.
FUl5Y3c.png

gb1T4g5.png

Xt71L7b.png

SGjN4jd.png

Now you have to worry about mines, as well.
2Y3lytn.png

uNA7bRp.png

Oy vey! Ruben, don't move a muscle. There's a goyim behind you in a gimp suit. He looks meshuggeneh.
HOWVjDY.png

nl6Dvs0.png

The lighting in this game is just amazing.
LSnzlKK.png

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Have to disagree here. I actually liked it more than the older TR games. It's a lot more visceral, and, unlike other TR titles, you're not spending most of your time looking for X key to unlock X area.

lol visceral

The older TR titles were action adventures with a focus on switch pulling and jumping puzzles. The reboot had almost nothing in common with them. Tombs were optional one-room affairs with a single puzzle to solve, usually a very easy and obvious one. Meh.

JDR13

Arcane

lol visceral

The older TR titles were action adventures with a focus on switch pulling and jumping puzzles. The reboot had almost nothing in common with them. Tombs were optional one-room affairs with a single puzzle to solve, usually a very easy and obvious one. Meh.

No shit, Sherlock. Not being like the older titles is exactly why I liked it. Good for you if you enjoy platforming and pulling switches though.

*Edit* Uh oh... Did I cause butthurt among Tomb Raider fanboys?

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

I finished the game only once with a rather poor performance, but I was eager to refresh my memories and see how it really compares to the original. The first part was made only for PC, while this is PS 2 exclusive. The engine is really struggling to load all the textures, so you need to be really close in the air to see enemies on the ground. Still, they have added some extra details that can be admired, when you are on foot. There is much more foes to deal with, including the dragons, which are the most deadly things you can encounter. I was disappointed, that there wasn't so much boss duels, and overall the plot didn't clicked with me as with the predecessor. The semi-RPG element, where we gain experience though kills is really unbalanced. The magic (especially fireball on maximum level) makes the game very easy to beat. I've mixed magic with melee and bows for the more interesting experience. There are side quests as well, and most of them are worthy of finishing, due to them having some extra weapons and gold.

gsdx_20210803162952rhknz.jpg

gsdx_202108021840339ijye.jpg

gsdx_20210803161214ijk9o.jpg

gsdx_2021080318315330jxq.jpg

gsdx_20210803194302oxjng.jpg

gsdx_202108031943477njgp.jpg

gsdx_20210804180622mqkue.jpg

gsdx_20210805181214mckzc.jpg

gsdx_20210805193304mrk74.jpg

gsdx_20210808164141sakzx.jpg

gsdx_20210808174700vokx2.jpg

gsdx_20210808190909b5j6c.jpg

gsdx_20210808192457ftk3d.jpg

gsdx_20210808193344hpjve.jpg

gsdx_202108082113192ikbf.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom