Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I needed a strong palate cleanser after diving into South African Reddit: The Hotline Miami FPS (Anger Foot). Couldn't ignore with the writing and tone of that to fully enjoy the skill-based and quick paced gameplay that was slightly above the average current year shooter. Instead of finishing that I headed in the complete opposite direction, a crappy game with a very strong vibe that gets by on the tone alone.

Postal, or the Wrong_Carlo simulator. There's a world of tonal difference between this and the much more safe-edgy sequel, and from that to the entirely status quo compliant Postal 4. It's also more relevant than ever, you can easily imagine the Postal dude as someone brainwashed and radicalized by CNN and youtube regime pigs into thinking middle-America was an existential threat to his beloved nigger-tranny-jew holy trinity (I fucking wish), and then going on a killing spree to save jewish democracy™ from the ultra-liberal zionist Zognald Blumpf from getting elected again, still shaking from the imaginary concentration camps he was put in last time.

9PLlIYh.png

w2LOmJC.png

keHbxBH.png

jC4A4lx.png

YVWAAP4.png

1GxSwy8.png

Iwi4WbQ.png

P9WUJKq.png

dZhcbVg.png

f9DSkZF.png

i9OyAR6.png

jazoM8M.png

550PfNB.png

0mZPBdR.png

HansDampf

Arcane
OOMLI.gif

Big Doom Dump incoming! This is getting long. Sorry.

Valorant: Antivax Addition
zshOHm.png

This is a shitty parody of Valiant with 8 maps where everything is even superer. The maps fall on the line between "being shit on purpose" and "just being shit".
S5AUrV.png

9GcR49.png

There's at least one cool idea though: The Superer Pistol. When you pull the trigger, it spends all your bullets in one devastating shot. And the maps make use of this everywhere, forcing some fun tactics.

XdXU3L.png

e6oMIB.png

lkibmN.png

This might be the most difficult fight in this entire post. No joke.
:what:

2G7MX6.png

Superer Cybruisers that shoot a million rockets per second.

Crumpets 2
FnmVSK.png

Some new maps by ribbiks with low monster count, challenging fights, and ammo scarcity. Cool, but the first Crumpets was better.
baUZSE.png

gABpkX.png

Qav6cs.png

QIWDtR.png

Stop using these fuckers in Doom WADs, pls!

c2HSo9.png

ub9702.png

Godless Night
haVqeT.jpg

Another WAD that uses the Supercharge mod for GZDoom, with some mild Castlevania vibes. There are 8 maps that you enter through these portraits. Some of them are interconnected, and you can enter them from different locations to access different paths.
ufTzQE.jpg

sTtOyO.jpg

There is a difficulty selection hub like in Quake with accurate descriptions.

0OhhaI.jpg

2TuESs.jpg

0g7EGb.jpg

WLQpx3.jpg

qHjFRv.jpg

0CNvVz.jpg

LGWKW1.jpg

IcopTh.jpg

Hu7shi.jpg

The Diabolists summon flames under your feet. Here you have to make them burn the Cybers for you.

q1zZ8D.jpg

Wait. Ruin mode unlocked?

sDwkJJ.jpg

:hmmm:
No, thanks.

Dominus Diabolicus
Qysekv.png

A one man megaWAD with 33 maps.
"The idea was to make something that feels close to the spirit of the original Doom games while also adding new enemies and more detailed environments." Yeah. It's also a tiny bit harder than the original Doom games. :shittydog:
PUGqgW.png

Secret!:M

02Dbt2.png

Push to get health bonus.

ezVu22.png

A new zombie type with a Super Shotgun. If you are unlucky, they can deal over 100 damage close-up. Thankfully, they have a unique wake up sound and a long attack animation.

tcE0mw.png

EcCwY7.png

rsqR0j.png

6mB9ju.png

Ib1g8f.png

nGtC6F.png

JnXDEX.png

Secret!

4pZGKw.png

A new Mancubus that shoots acid projectiles that leave traces on the ground.

zTSkCv.png

HeTWwz.png

Argh! The fireblu!
:prosper:

pC2Rdq.png

The Summoner is a new Archvile type that can spawn monsters. A walking Icon of Sin.

RAHugP.png

91XJs2.png

Don't mind me.

1TK67X.png

3pX4lL.png

A bomb!

aVIe4P.png

:salute:

Not Even Remotely Fair (episode 3)
wCn0PA.png

I played episodes 1 and 2 before. Now it's finally complete. You can't really play this casually like normal UV. The idea is that you practice each map and then try to beat it without saves, getting all secrets and items for an extra challenge. Most of the maps are short, 5 minutes on average, though episode 3 has a few maps that are over 10 minutes. The final version also comes with an optional easy mode patch that adjusts the rules a bit in your favor (for example, Pinkies have reduced health and can be more reliably killed with 2 shotgun shots).
tdXrBK.png

The end.

94etB2.png

There is a secret chainsaw in every map. NERF has a weird sense of humor.

Gc3Shk.png

qzXV72.png

vBaKZx.png

znsWkZ.png

You have to keep an eye on these Imps. When they respawn, they can walk on the fireblue trigger and release Archviles. This is one of those gimmick fights that only work on Nightmare.

n7QFn4.png

It's so peaceful when you play this without monsters.

y4nmco.png

KF6opK.png

d3LLaT.png

iAq6Vv.png

Advantage Doomguy.

4CQ0wg.png

uYOAZrG.gif

Srsly, Peter. WTF?

1sbwGo.png

Map 29...
:abyssgazer:
This is hitscan hell on Nightmare.

VduEsb.png

It's also the longest map. At the end, you go down into the basement with this fireblue reactor. You still need the yellow key to exit.

MOfRuq.png

There it is. I won't say what happens here. But when you try to beat this map without saves, this is a scary ending. There are also a few items to collect in this labyrinth.

KCFRwB.png

YEgrAN.png

They replaced Romero's head.

Aa4mHp.png

a827d870f0c4704e644cdce6d45cd084.jpg

Eviternity II
jy91Ng.png

The AAA WAD among Doom WADs. High quality, new textures, 6 episodes with different themes, each with its own secret map, and lots of new monsters. The Astral Cacos also return, of course.
This doesn't really feel like a sequel to Eviternity. The maps are longer and larger in scope. Combat is also harder. And there are some more experimental maps, especially the secrets. I liked it more than the first Eviternity. But I have the same issues with Dragonfly's maps as before. They always seem like they were designed strictly by the book. Most of them are solid. But they have no bite compared to the guest maps.
4Wp5uH.png

0adNhF.png

rUf0dm.png

OIQ3tW.png

TNbg2g.png

This map...
:shredder:

jjtGhn.png

2wi4NY.png

Eviternity really likes trees.

CZTG6V.png

The Astral Mancs have 3 different attacks. The green one is supposed to counter mindless circle strafing. But if you stand still, you won't get hit, at least not by the Mancubus.

FopCmU.png

fGIhJ9.png

A slide puzzle.

mUdJNW.png

Welcome to the turbo tunnel! You get pushed forward at running speed.

S4BPbD.png

How cool is this?

cXIPKz.png

0Ko56M.png

IDk4Sw.png

cnWCX9.png

GOHPo7.png

Treeeeeees.

baoY5x.png

When a map starts like this, you know it's not made by Dragonfly.
This is also the map with the epic battleship I posted earlier.

LPalZY.png

lxgan7.png

gphqOg.png

dYRY1P.png

The Necromenace with mass resurrection capabilities.

jPU7Ma.png

jJ9ux4.png

KofgHe.png

Ov8wGS.png

gW1IQO.png

Still waiting for Doom to get boring.

spekkio

Arcane
Real System Shock

Time to chill in the groves:

Somebody is butthurt:

Simplistic oldschool map design (hardware limitations and shit):

More butthurt:

Party like it's '94:

Time to take out the cybertrash:

And that's it:

Finished Nightdive's Remake couple months ago, and it's funny painful how it's inferior to the original in almost every aspect: gameplay, sound design, cyberspace design, map design, puzzles, etc. And even graphics aren't that great...

BTW, I've played maybe 1 or 2 new games this year. Instead, I've started a Desu Ex playthrough (DX1 done, DX2 aborter after less than an hour, HR next), Metroid playthrough (Zero Mission done, Super M next) and recently a System Shock playthrough (SS2 to go). So, which one should I play next? Well, fuck it, how about this one:

:dance:

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Over twenty years later, still remembered the layout of this dungeon pretty well, because it's one the early FPS maps my brothers and I played over and over in splitscreen.

98zwEbf.jpeg

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Real System Shock

Time to chill in the groves:

Somebody is butthurt:

Simplistic oldschool map design (hardware limitations and shit):

More butthurt:

Party like it's '94:

Time to take out the cybertrash:

And that's it:

Finished Nightdive's Remake couple months ago, and it's funny painful how it's inferior to the original in almost every aspect: gameplay, sound design, cyberspace design, map design, puzzles, etc. And even graphics aren't that great...

BTW, I've played maybe 1 or 2 new games this year. Instead, I've started a Desu Ex playthrough (DX1 done, DX2 aborter after less than an hour, HR next), Metroid playthrough (Zero Mission done, Super M next) and recently a System Shock playthrough (SS2 to go). So, which one should I play next? Well, fuck it, how about this one:

:dance:
If you play System Shock on Hard difficulty there's a seven hour limit.
You must complete the game in seven hours.

Ivan

Arcane
614068759F8CB1A476E7F51D4B901C8A0999A0EF

4FACB82F733A7CCCF760035520B7DA3D39BB55BE

crawling my way to the armory
92503FD0D681542788C9214A61096E01CDEAF006

death comes very, very fast. hotline miami fast
FC33C399FA8CA5260BCBF2ABFDFD535738A4DC5E

gotta have night vision goggles
80C6B50032B4427237D3464085562BE6B3843A0E

pretty often, enemies wise up and stop lining up for you to mow them down. game offers plenty of entrances/exits to make escaping/infiltrating enjoyable
D213E634512BF06231B3131A7E71896E7854DAEC

Ivan

Arcane
Over twenty years later, still remembered the layout of this dungeon pretty well, because it's one the early FPS maps my brothers and I played over and over in splitscreen.

98zwEbf.jpeg
I totally forgot this had multiplayer...I know DK 64 did, but this too?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Ready to kick ass in style.

20240719213306-1.jpg

Would.

20240719215106-1.jpg

You can actually make a finisher on her if the health is low enough. I feel kind of bad for simply stunlocking her with a mace. Not exactly an honest fight.

20240719215227-2.jpg

Overall, the game is okay. But I'm really not a fan of every Zeno game teasing some "deep lore". Just go with the weird for the sake of weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom