Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1722778786467.png

1722778832254.png

Dark Souls II

Educated
Look at that subtle pre-rendered backgrounds and sprite-based characters displayed with an isometric camera perspective. The tasteful thickness of the HUD. Oh my God, it even has great character art (and ASMR-level female voices) and animals that can shut up for once instead of giving me le heckin quirky quips of reddit "humor" like in larian shit:

icewind-dale-ii-2024-08-03-19-47-10.png

icewind-dale-ii-2024-08-03-19-46-51.png

icewind-dale-ii-2024-08-03-18-14-10.png

american-psycho.gif

GloomFrost

Arcane
Look at that subtle pre-rendered backgrounds and sprite-based characters displayed with an isometric camera perspective. The tasteful thickness of the HUD. Oh my God, it even has great character art (and ASMR-level female voices) and animals that can shut up for once instead of giving me le heckin quirky quips of reddit "humor" like in larian shit:

american-psycho.gif
Art style and UI like that are forgotten and lost technology. Rare artefacts of a bygone civilisation.

The Decline

Arcane

american-psycho.gif

How is the fog of war when scrolling the screen? Last time I tried to play it years ago it would flicker like crazy due to the lcd monitor I was using.

Dark Souls II

Educated

american-psycho.gif

How is the fog of war when scrolling the screen? Last time I tried to play it years ago it would flicker like crazy due to the lcd monitor I was using.
I'm playing with the EE mod and I have no problems or issues other than the fact that pathfinding is completely broken and it takes multiple attempts to force the party to walk through a door.

Jason Liang

Arcane
14 Turn Win with Polonia Innovative vs 6 AI on Hard in Scythe:

Scythe004.jpg

scythe001.jpg

scythe003.jpg

The AI is not very good, but the game itself is kind of dumb broken.

My turn order:
T1 Move
T2 Trade
T3 Move
T4 Trade + Upgrade
T5 Produce * (8 Workers)
T6 Trade
T7 Produce + Deploy
T8 Move + Enlist
T9 Produce + Deploy
T10 Move + Enlist * Battle Rusviet
T11 Produce + Deploy * (4 Mechs)
T12 Move + Enlist * (Objective Divide and Conquer)
T13 Bolster + Build
T14 Move + Enlist * Battle Crimea * (4 Recruits)

6 Move
4 Produce
3 Trade
1 Bolster

I've heard good things about Resident Evil Remake. Time to play this shit!

:obviously:

:obviously:

:roll:

I hope this isn't Chris's blood...

Time to check out the door to the right...

:dance:

Technical info:
  • Retroarch + Beetle PSX HW core
  • 4x Internal GPU Res (better models)
  • Adaptive Smoothing (de-pixalated 2D on non-standard internal res)
  • Crop Overscan = Static (proper AR)
  • PGXP Enabled (de-wobbling of 3D elements)
  • /scanlines/oscc shader (2D backgrounds look better):
Off:

On:

Now that you're into shaders, for a more period-correct look, instead of adaptive smoothing of 2d elements try supersampling (downscaling) on BeetlePSX. I personally use 8x internal res with supersampling and the results are great.

Kruyurk

Learned
I've seen screenshots you people wouldn't believe... Doomguy fire off the shoulder of Mars... I watched horses on the roof of Tannhäuser Castle. All those screenshots will be lost in time, like dead links in the first page... Time to die.

Dr1f7

Scholar
^^ i love shandalar!
i've been trying to make a complete retexture for morrowind to make the game look kinda like an oil painting. the effect is kind of subtle, you might not notice it until you look at something up close, but i like the effect. idk if i should adjust it more. items look nice, like they have some good texture to them.

i like how the cloud textures in particular worked out

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

some of the faces would make prosper proud

6.png

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This is properly horrific, congratulation

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom