Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
r482xui.png

slIn9tP.png

HHoQHGJ.png

g2T6NDS.png

O4wnWeQ.png

yd1rf3h.png

IhO1WbS.png

qlZQua0.png

Finally beat Castlevania III. Japanese release, no save states.

Dr1f7

Scholar
Making a morrowind map for AoW:SM, the native map maker has lots of assets that come close to MW's feel

1.png
2.png

Here's some of the Molag Amur region which was a monstrous pain in the ass to make, lots of tabbing between MW and the map maker to try to get the maze paths as close as possible to the game.. now I know why I would always get lost in this area

3.png

Southwest part of Azura's Coast:

4.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After finishing the Suffering: Ties That Bind, I can say that the first part was better. The prison setting worked great, and mixing it with horror was something really fresh. Sequel is mostly taking place in a city, and feels less intense and interesting. Soundtrack and sound design was also more memorable. Visually, TTB looks better, and the artists have upgraded the old enemy design as well. It looks great. But instead of being able to have all the weapons in inventory, we are limited to two of them. This make the gameplay more annoying and tedious, especially when we have to deal with a larger group of foes. Usually there is some ammo cache which can be used as many times as we want. It just kills the flow of the whole experience.

TheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

281TheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

121TheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

4daTheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

d76TheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

d7cTheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

9f2TheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

6ddTheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

daeTheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

2d4TheSufferingTiesThat.jpg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
qv1H4PQ.png

crmRS6e.png

cWbMjN2.png

G0sZ3kl.png

t3F2uCc.png

3BmXSjQ.png

H3zVokr.png

pAXQsX6.png

5Uh9rEP.png

iiTSDow.png

tJMiSsd.png

rAdqhl2.png

dnWVbB6.png

BfqQJrb.png

Beat Castlevania: Dracula X. Again, no save states. Though this game's bosses were significantly easier than other Classicvanias, notable exception being Dracula if only because of those pits.

Dr1f7

Scholar
some progress update for the AoW MW map. I am really trying to make the map as close as I can to the real thing, minor adjustments when needed. This means lots of referencing a paper map, measuring distances, converting distances to tiles.. then also running around the areas in MW to check what they look like. i've been trying to make little mini-dungeons with small encounters for important places that drop the unique/strong items. cool thing about AoW is that I can add the item to the game, so you can equip it to your hero after it drops from the encounter

Zafirbel Bay:
5.png

Grazelands:
6.png

Sheogorad:

7.png

here's the map I've been using, green is stuff that's more or less complete and red is stuff I haven't gotten to yet

completion.jpg

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Giant ants huh? Somehow this is so uncreative that it makes me depressed just looking at it.

The Decline

Arcane
Giant ants huh? Somehow this is so uncreative that it makes me depressed just looking at it.

It's a throwback to the mid 20th century giant monster movies. The first game was a shitpost that ended up being a lot of fun and led to a whole series of games.

jackofshadows

Magister

Years since I am still able to find new quests in this thing! Amazing (the quest is kind of lame though, you just kill the guy and that's it, then you can demand double reward but that result in a massacre including engaging the master of prowling).

"They don't make them like that anymore"

Guards? What guards, they're dead. This chain of events in new to me but it's kinds of broken, unfortunately.

Never gets old.

spekkio

Arcane
Tactics Ogre - LUCT (Saturn version)

Decent new font + "enhanced" PSP translation + Snes gameplay + better resolution? Count me in!

Walister BROs before Xenobian hoes:

Additional options, enabled in this version:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom