Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
6tzRjoY.png

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
JP5y7Ty.png
OskQHiw.png

7dEOVx7.png
3txLecK.png

EHN2GqM.png
5g4UEzc.png

qG49CeY.png
iXEfOVQ.png

XC4YJ4y.png
ax94TNR.png

8Cd5bN5.png
eFVcZ3L.png

2MP9uFN.png

Metroid: HD hack for the original Metroid.
As far as I could tell, there are only a few but major gameplay changes:
  • On death, your health refills to max.
  • On death, you can save your game. I'm not sure if it's possible to save otherwise.
  • Ice beam and Wave beam now fuse together.
  • Slight tweaks to bosses.
  • Status UI with map addition.
I think that is it.
It's very enjoyable, takes some of the clunkyness out of the original game, which is otherwise perfectly playable today.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
GulW1Gm.jpg

:philosoraptor:
FGbP4Gg.jpg

Yep, throwing table at the door seems to be the intended way of solving this puzzle.
dQHY5BR.jpg
HjUEsOs.png
k00jbNc.jpg
6IHguWi.jpg
z8xWZ5D.jpg
IzKwSFe.png
8deBsrW.jpg

Edit: game is called Aquametsis.

Humanophage

Arcane
I got fed up with hero chains and decided to try one of the so-called "templates" for HoMM3 because they have a hero limit of 1. The main template is "Jebus Outcast". It turned out to be pretty unhinged as you get a ton of cities and there are far, far too many artefacts available. At the same time, the AI can't really handle it that well - it does build up armies, but it is not brazen enough with teleportation. I'm actually surprised they didn't ban teleportation and town gates. On the plus side, the overabundance of creatures creates an interesting economy where you are more limited by money than town production. Just look at this, it's silly:
FVFnTwq.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom