Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

ds

Cipher
Patron
Not my screenshot, but I've never seen one so wide and it begs the question: at what point doesn't it become better to make the screen taller? I mean, do you only look left and right in a game?

4387571-2420110_82.jpg

Most people don't actually look up and down much. See this reposted meme for an explanation:

Husky_1705048633900_D05XKYRXPX.png

On a more serious note, once you get to a decent vertical field of view above (sky/roof) and below (dirt) do usually not have that much more useful detail as the horizon (approaching enemies, places you want to go). Most first/third person games just don't have all that much verticality.

Ultrawide monitors are also pretty useful for work - it's like a double/triple monitor setup except without bevels you can divide the screen space up exactly how it best suits you. And when you have one you might as well also use it for games (unless you value your sanity and would prefer not to fight games made by developers that think 16:9 is the only aspect ratio that could possibly exist as if we didn't use to have 4:3 as the standard before that).

Modron

Arcane
Most people don't actually look up and down much. See this reposted meme for an explanation:

Husky_1705048633900_D05XKYRXPX.png
The meme is that it's a retard test to see if someone can't figure out what's incorrect. The angle which both eyes can see is wider for predators so they should be 16:9 and prey 4:3.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
W
PCSX2. Modded Gran Turismo 4 (textures, retouched UI), camera fixes, fixed controls with analog triggers, other minor tweaks, plus Reshade. Thanks to modders and latest PCSX2 versions, it's also possible to play with a steering wheel. Might be the definitive simcade on PC since Forza Motorsport sucks ass and Sony will never port GT7.

6C2wymU.jpeg

IDKwEeG.jpeg

2GzFPCp.jpeg

d6qSw1y.jpeg

Equ3omJ.jpeg

X9CDp9F.jpeg
Nice! Which mod is this?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Metal Bringer - Demo
SBJVtwC.png
vUeWRGX.png

Vq651GM.png

Frantic action roguelike in which colour of your character affects your stats, you can pilot mechs and steal body parts from enemies.
Starting a run with your own assembled mech requires analyzing body parts which costs money to do.
2GgRaFK.png

The Decline

Arcane
Metal Bringer - Demo
SBJVtwC.png
vUeWRGX.png

Vq651GM.png

Frantic action roguelike in which colour of your character affects your stats, you can pilot mechs and steal body parts from enemies.
Starting a run with your own assembled mech requires analyzing body parts which costs money to do.
2GgRaFK.png

That graphical style is pretty interesting. Reminds me of those 3D mid-late 90s arcade shmups.

Berengar

Learned
Patron
Metal Bringer - Demo
SBJVtwC.png
vUeWRGX.png

Vq651GM.png

2GgRaFK.png
Was gonna say this looks a lot like the Samurai Bringer and lo and behold its literally from the same series. Looks like they've improved everything quite a bit from Samurai.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Aether Singularity - Demo
TwijV9U.png

YlviWly.png
ifFcvCI.png
CVCz6iP.png

This one is difficult, yo!
Have anyone here played Parasite Eve? This game claims to be inspired by it and i never played it.

CONERU -DIMENSION GIRL- Demo
FdTE6lT.jpg

cowHfoE.png
yBoWEtE.png
C8a1KDY.png
F6swpbk.png
0v5OYrg.jpg
eAJcLHF.png

2D Platformer Date Action where you play as android powered by dimensional girl who is literaly inside you.
Sometimes we all need some japanese insanity in our lives.

SNØ: Ultimate Freeriding - Demo
zdUFtLB.jpg

3HSHI5J.jpg
pvnh2mq.jpg
IH8uRev.jpg

Oddly relaxing game about skiiing in the wilderness.
I doubt that the full version will be entertaining for long tho. Demo is uber short.

Anode Heart: Layer Null Demo
9O8oCTp.png

TdsW8e4.png
U4sdreI.png
J0gfQ3D.png
thgeBO3.png
B0dmT2Q.png

It's like pokemon but instead of pokemons everyone is playing a card game.
The card game itself didn't grab me however. Maybe i just didn't figure out some knowhow yet but even with a more focused deck i found battles to be very random. Sometimes you're constantly struggle no matter how many times you rebuild your deck, sometimes you effortlessly win several times in row because your opponents keep drawing terrible hands.

Vivid World - Demo
K70gLen.png

UizZkzA.png
xzVN8Ss.jpg
AuP7hdF.jpg

A roguelike auto battler with cute artstyle where you assemble a squad of characters to fight for you.
It's... alright.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
ferratilis
You are on a driving game marathon?
No, what makes you think that? I've always played driving games in between other stuff like RPGs, shooters, soulslikes etc. An hour or two here and there don't make it a marathon, it's just a habit that's been going on for more than two decades.
Oh, I see.
I haven't played a racing/driving game in a long while and your screens made me reconsider.

jackofshadows

Arcane
This mobile look sucks so much. And huge heads. In the OG Evil Genius somehow it was ok to have cartoon look w/o huge heads (maybe with a few exceptions).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom