Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Nim

Augur
Thought I was alone on my supposed island till the border shifted, meet the spartans, they want an alliance to attack Zak, sure why not and then they share their world map (2150)
:troll:
ZSzrUuT.jpg
Double my population already, why of course. This is going to be painful once relations turn sour :mhd:

Cholo

Arcane
Did you enjoy the bug where the Super Mutants with the Brownings gibbed you at maximum range with Burst fire?

Honestly the mutants weren't that bad; even the behemoth wasn't frustrating. You can abuse the burst just as much as the AI, you get very capable long range weapons, you usually you have multiple paths for flanking and for the hardest missions you can use your vehicle for assault roles. The very worst shootout with super mutants is entirely optional since the the captured general has already been withdrawn from the battlefield.

It's the indestructible terrain, frequent crashes and the stupid bugs that really get me hating the game. I started playing and quit a few months back just because of the Reaver VIP evac mission. Did you follow your explicit directions and move the VIPs out using your APC? Well fuck you! One of those lazy shits is your new squad leader- hope you weren't planning on recruiting different shooters or buying things from the quartermaster. Also, the lore rape is pretty awful. It's like they ignored Fallout 1 entirely and just went full on New Reno. Still better than Fallout 3 though.

This is how a better game would let you employ some tactical flexibility:

Sig tells us that the intel we're after is in the basement of this building, but if we want to get there we have to make it through a gauntlet of around a dozen (give or take) shooters:
8jOoi2N.jpg

No big deal, let's just make our own way:
dwRLwe7.jpg

Now we have a big metal crate to block our flank, and a big entrance to the target building which will let me stack up unmolested. I can continue to breach through more walls and floors if I want to (intel is right below), or at this point just treat the area like a conventional shoothouse.

Renegen

Arcane
Thought I was alone on my supposed island till the border shifted, meet the spartans, they want an alliance to attack Zak, sure why not and then they share their world map (2150)

Double my population already, why of course. This is going to be painful once relations turn sour :mhd:
Yeah, talk about luck. Someone always lands in the forest of pussy and gets a gigantic early game advantage.

edit: Cholo, I had a similar infuriating bug with Fallout 2 on the oil rig. I think I killed some guy that dropped the key to blow up the rig, except that somehow I slept for too long at 1hp/regen and when I woke up his body was nothing but a puddle of blood. And I was unable to click on the damn key that was under the blood! After maybe 1 hour of trying everything, I found a non-supported way of blowing up the oil rig, I think it involved some explosive that I combed the whole level for. What can I say, when Fallout 2 closes one door, it opens another.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't recall most of the Fallout Tactics "bugs", but one other that was beneficial was this: If you got a Special Encounter on a map square, you would ONLY get Special Encounters on that square. Now that I think of it, I recall some clever people discovering that the squares for Special Encounters are hard-coded into the map, so they're ALWAYS in the same places. I had about 4 or 5 special encounters in one square alone.

Why is this relevant? Because one encounter allows you to recruit the Fallout Boy who has an INSANELY powerful Trait, and another encounter (the Pitch Black one) is THE most fun encounter you will have in the entire game. A true test of your squad's abilities.

Modron

Arcane
Did you enjoy the bug where the Super Mutants with the Brownings gibbed you at maximum range with Burst fire?

:lol:

But at least after you got Brownings with high leveled troopers you are unstoppable. The bug with blocking doors was more rage worthy, I had to replay some part of that level.

Yeah I ran into that when it first came out too; however, I raged quite a bit more when I realized by previous save was 2 missions back.

Ashery

Prophet
"Sweet. Trial stage for the feeding tanks went well and everything looked rock solid stability wise. Time to finish up the staging setups and do a trial run on Mun and Minmus."

ln2Ugc1.png

"...Or not."

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Tweaked my settings a bit. Putting something on "Ultra" settings makes it actually appear as "LOW". LOL! (EA sucks etc)

bf42013-11-2021-42-3-vcpo2.png

bf42013-11-2021-42-497bog4.png

bf42013-11-f21-42-49-jeo18.png

Surprised my dated PC can handle this with such a smooth framerate. Will lower it again though, don't want to miss the bushwookies hiding inside vegetation. :P

anus_pounder

Arcane
Tweaked my settings a bit. Putting something on "Ultra" settings makes it actually appear as "LOW". LOL! (EA sucks etc)

Surprised my dated PC can handle this with such a smooth framerate. Will lower it again though, don't want to miss the bushwookies hiding inside vegetation. :P

Was wondering If I could get some specs on that? Curious if I can run it. Also :oops: on never playing BF3 like, ever. Was back home in the middle months and now without my gaming rig in these for a while.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Federal Police: to protect the Goth and the midget.

EYE%202013-11-17%2017-35-18-88.png

Meanwhile in XI century...
Stronghold2%202013-11-21%2020-28-30-42.png

Meanwhile in the future...
MessiahD3D%202013-11-22%2005-23-17-06.png

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Inner World -- nothing extraordinary, but a pretty charming adventure game overall; just a solid classic point and click and a nice addition to Daedalic's catalog

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
suejak brofists this

pLbr2AL.jpg

NOO! My teddy bear! Suffer the consequences.

6myPZ7R.jpg

:lol:

pyX0Bj5.jpg

Tried to talk with the parrot. Failed. I wonder why ?

DbWgUVV.jpg

The heart of this decadent city.

gYiKJtX.jpg

:(

Op0zd2z.jpg

Those Coktel guys :thumbsup:

WnGlmV9.jpg

D6TcVJu.jpg

FhWrcfY.jpg

BAf5avo.jpg

8ZipQ9O.jpg

kvxg0K4.jpg

The teddy bear has been avenged.

iPO1lFO.jpg

images

Such a good game, and I finally finished it. The graphics are so nice, but the difficulty was really high. And all that HIZ, NIT, BZT and others :lol:.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
THIS GAME IS SO GOOD.

If only this forum were respectable enough to allow avatars from it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom