Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

likaq

Arcane
187.jpg

I adore AoD death screens.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I haven't played much of F.E.A.R. since I got my new graphics, but I decided to start a whole playthrough today. The game itself doesn't allow the anti-aliasing and soft shading methods in its engine to be used at the same time, but I realized I could supersample that sweet shit in the Catalyst thing. It's so smooth!!!

BGdDBzz.jpg

2EgDTnd.jpg

6zYYOAL.jpg

w4UG8DU.jpg

bsdiqxc.jpg

IKBv4P9.jpg

A3xr4GN.jpg

aY1ZReH.jpg

sZit6a7.jpg

yRCHKVS.jpg

EaJvJD4.jpg

VB3v1Ri.jpg

AaJvcPD.jpg

j4mgM04.jpg

27imwEd.jpg

B03SqgZ.jpg

iGp23uf.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I know that F.E.A.R. is more than what I'm about to say, but those screenshots make me think you're playing Disgruntled Office Worker or the game tie-in to Office Space.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I know that F.E.A.R. is more than what I'm about to say, but those screenshots make me think you're playing Disgruntled Office Worker or the game tie-in to Office Space.

No, that's actually pretty accurate.

Love me some F.E.A.R. though. Great shooter with a lot of weight to the guns. Pretty solid A.I., too, even if all they had to do was navigate office after office. The game also has the best jump scare I've ever seen in a game when...

You turn to climb down a ladder and Alma's standing there, giving you a fright, obviously. But when you reach the bottom of the ladder and turn around to continue your journey she's standing there again.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
About two thirds of the game actually takes place in the same corporate building.
The Armachan building, right?

Haven't played the game in awhile, so all I really remember about it's level design was that you spend most of it running through a sewer, an office building, then a secret lab. Gunplay was fan-fucking-tastic, but level design was clearly not their strong-suit.

zwanzig_zwoelf

You can make the game look much better than that. It's not very demanding emulator wise.
You think I didn't try that?
I play in software mode to avoid any slowdowns and to have steady 50 fps. Even turning on the HW mode in the native resolution resulted in occasional slowdowns.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You can make the game look much better than that. It's not very demanding emulator wise.
I play in software mode to avoid any slowdowns and to have steady 50 fps. Even turning on the HW mode in the native resolution resulted in occasional slowdowns.

I got same issue. Maybe my PC may handle better settings but that game got those framerate issues.... and found 2 topics about that issue in google, both said it's solved in new emu release.
I used Direct3D Software mode (it turn off everything like AA), JAP software because both pal and ntsc didn't worked despite using european game.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I got same issue. Maybe my PC may handle better settings but that game got those framerate issues.... and found 2 topics about that issue in google, both said it's solved in new emu release.
I used Direct3D Software mode (it turn off everything like AA), JAP software because both pal and ntsc didn't worked despite using european game.
I gotta try the GameCube version later. I remember it ran really well on my old PC.
Also, it has higher audio quality than the PS2 version (ripped the music not so long ago, enjoying some of the themes every now and then).

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
rDPh8q.jpg

Safety first!

jzqYJ6.jpg

Finally got a propa avatardy helmet. Now I won't have to stare at Blondie's ridiculous gay grin anymore.

Docking with negrodancers,

iAwWCf.jpg

Heresy_vein-popping.png

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Since you're playing U8 Darth Roxor, talk to the people at the bar about legends to find a 'funny' sidequest. There is also one or two rather interesting secrets on the catacombs.

Also Birthplace of Moriens my ass. That is fake and the real one is that blocked, impassible cave passage in the hall of the earth. Don't believe the lies of a intern added area!
Did you find the keyring?

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Finally done with Blood 2. Taking remotely interesting pictures is difficult, so I just tried to show as much environmental variation as possible. The Nightmares pack is bacially a bunch of legacy maps from Blood remade for the new engine, which only serves to illustrate how shitty and boring to fight the new enemies are, and as much as I like 3d grafix, it really drives home how :fuuyeah: most early 3d games look compared to their 2d predecessors. I do remember being pretty impressed by stuff like lighting effects at the time, though.

Chapter 4/Epilogue

0cVNGS9.jpg
joOfrX2.jpg
JaeCVea.jpg

Not sure what to move onto next. Might try playing the original Disciples again, though I remember it CTD'ing too much when I tried playing it a few years back.
Actually, judging from screenshots (I never managed to endure even chapter 1), chapter looks somewhat bloodlike. B2 could've been a good and even *somewhat* good looking game with same engine (Lith Tech's shittiness notwithstanding) and level if detail if it stuck to the atmosphere and style of it's prequel instead of going full retard.
Speaking of visuals, the problem with those earlier games is that they still had to rely on pretty crude models and the levels, at their core, were relatively simple bundles of flat-surfaced primitives. Shooting boxes inside boxes is hard to make look appealing.
While modern office environments are arguably the easiest to translate into boxes (them and crate warehouses), they are probably the most unflattering to the graphical capabilities of old - if one of very few tricks up your sleeve is interesting lighting (clutter may also help, but it's expensive, so is structural damage, the latter may also help by spicing up the lighting) and the area you make is uniformly, brightly lit with monotonous white light - well...
:gumpyhead:
And then the boring box game is purported sequel to Blood.
:hearnoevil:

To early 3D's credit, it really looked much better in motion, with smooth animation and arbitrary view angles, albeit at the cost of detailed sprite gore.

As for something to play next, I recommend washing down Blood 2's fugliness and derp with some Unreal - its contemporary.
:martini:
You'll see that old-ish 3D didn't have to look shit.

Easiest end boss ever. Pull out mini-gun, aim, hold down fire button until boss dies, end of story.
No, you're remembering Makron from Q2.
:troll:

DraQ

Arcane
Don't be fooled by my considerable talents as a vidya-photographe.
They didn't help earlier chapters, though.

The hedge maze level (well, section) is particularly flat and lifeless compared to its original incarnation.
Well, the problem is that it looks like a plain port - those rarely end well.

Also, if I can't get Disciples to work, I'll probably try running through SiN again. I still have the ancient version on steam before legal troubles got it removed many years past, but I'll probably blow 10 freedoms on the GoG version on the off-chance that it's a bit more compatible.
This may be of halp if you have problems running it: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/screenshot-thread.72409/page-287#post-3024977

zwanzig_zwoelf

Summoner: The Goddess Inbred

Dolphin%202014-02-22%2019-35-12-12.png

Dolphin%202014-02-22%2019-36-16-21.png

Dolphin%202014-02-22%2019-36-20-75.png

Dolphin%202014-02-22%2019-44-48-46.png

GC version runs in 1280x800, AF 16x and widescreen hack on. FPS dropped below 30 only a couple of times, but only for a short period of time to be really noticeable. Plus it looks waaaaay better than PS2 version.
Pity that Maia looks like a retarded pirate wench, though.

MotherMachinae

spekkio

Arcane
^
I have similar experiences with games available both on PS2 and GCN - Dolphin runs much faster than Pcsx2 and games are much better looking.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

R2GEXJ-1.jpg

R2GEXJ-6.jpg

R2GEXJ-21.jpg

R2GEXJ-22.jpg

R2GEXJ-25.jpg

R2GEXJ-28.jpg

R2GEXJ-8.jpg

Pretty mediocre and too hand-holding so far, but I do kinda enjoy the "investigative" gameplay and atmosphere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom